i dont have any reads on villains right now as i am going over this hand probably a few weeks after i played it and PT doesn't have any info on him other than this hand (i downloaded pt3 and test it right now).comments on all streets appreciated:PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)saw flop|saw showdownMP ($4.40)CO ($14.25)Hero ($9.10)SB ($12.05)BB ($16.10)UTG ($6.75)Preflop: Hero is Button with A :D , K :) . 1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.5, 1 fold, BB raises to $1.1, MP folds, Hero calls $0.60.Flop: ($2.35) 3 :D , K :club: , 8 :)(2 players)BB bets $0.5, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.50.Turn: ($6.35) 9 :D(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $6 (All-In), BB calls $6.River: ($0) 2 :D(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $18.35editaments: lol posted wrong hand, reposted

Villain has AA, as there are no huge draws and you're getting heavy fire both pre and post flop. He also tests your hand strength with a ridiculously small bet on the flop and lets you lead the turn. Will you people stop going broke with TPTK hands?Easiest money the villain ever made.
Villain has AA, as there are no huge draws and you're getting heavy fire both pre and post flop. He also tests your hand strength with a ridiculously small bet on the flop and lets you lead the turn. Will you people stop going broke with TPTK hands?Easiest money the villain ever made.
So if we check the turn are we folding to a river bet? The tiny bet/call line is also a bluff line (or semi bluff with KQ, KJ) I see frequently at these levels, hoping to get us to shut down on the turn. I think the comments to this hand would be different if the OP had left out the turn bet when he posted the hand. Since we know he got called, it's easier to say don't bet the turn.Edit: Just noticed the "please call me" pf minraise from the BB. Mr. Cornfields' take it more likely spot on.
So if we check the turn are we folding to a river bet? The tiny bet/call line is also a bluff line (or semi bluff with KQ, KJ) I see frequently at these levels, hoping to get us to shut down on the turn. I think the comments to this hand would be different if the OP had left out the turn bet when he posted the hand. Since we know he got called, it's easier to say don't bet the turn.
We got reraised PF when we put in a substantial raise, and our raise of the villain's donkbet on the flop got called when we have clearly represented a hand that was strong PF and that hit this board. We can dream about KQ KJ all we want, but does the villain (EDIT: reraise) a PF raise OOP with those holdings and smooth call our raise on the flop? A shutdown bet? I dunno. I just see SO MUCH lighter betting with AA PF anymore, and this board is too dry for a random BB holding that hit a decent draw that I don't think it's possible that the BB is getting frisky against what we represent as a strong hand. I think we're beaten.
but does the villain call [ i think you meant "does he raise our raise" here] a PF raise OOP with those holdings and smooth call our raise on the flop?
.5/.10 are uber-donks in general. just a FEW of them are decent (decent for that level) and just really few play well normally (i would say i play well). i see such minraising (though it wasnt really a minraise, it was more of a semi-minraise :club: ) with AJ+ a "lot" (more than usual with other donks at other levels). i shouldve raised raised before the flop for sure, knowing his range, but i think i flat called to be able to not go broke on a xxQ or xxJ flop vs some donk. i'd like a little bit more discussion before posting the result,thanks.
We got reraised PF when we put in a substantial raise, and our raise of the villain's donkbet on the flop got called when we have clearly represented a hand that was strong PF and that hit this board. We can dream about KQ KJ all we want, but does the villain call a PF raise OOP with those holdings and smooth call our raise on the flop? A shutdown bet? I dunno. I just see SO MUCH lighter betting with AA PF anymore, and this board is too dry for a random BB holding that hit a decent draw that I don't think it's possible that the BB is getting frisky against what we represent as a strong hand. I think we're beaten.
It's the size of the 3-bet pf that tells me you are correct. Since we raised from the button, BB could think our range was fairly wide and 3-bet with a number of hands including weaker K and pp. But the minraise with a limper and hero left to act is probably looking for action.I completely agree with the AA light betting.

4-bet pf, get all in on flop is standard here I think.Seeing as you didn't do that I think you need to raise bigger on the flop.If he had actually bet out a normal amount on the flop I think just calling is right, because against a player with any level of competence they aren't going to call a raise but may fire again with worse Ks and other hands.

4-bet pf, get all in on flop is standard here I think.Seeing as you didn't do that I think you need to raise bigger on the flop.If he had actually bet out a normal amount on the flop I think just calling is right, because against a player with any level of competence they aren't going to call a raise but may fire again with worse Ks and other hands.
I'm a cash game donk and sorry for hijacking the thread, and I guess obv 4-betting AK is standard but what's the reasoning behind this? We're ahead of all aces, a flip with everything else, and only really really behind AA?And fold equity? Playing AK aggressively preflop seems to get me in trouble

because this is 6 handed, i can see valid reason for a 4bet preflop.. at fullring, i'd probably just call.looks like case king? thats my guess.after he bets small and u raise, i'd probably just check behind on the turn, and call any river. if he checks river, i'd make a value bet. that flop is very dry and not much out there that will call your raise that you beat.so whats the point of shipping it in on the turn?? u really think he has KQ?

so whats the point of shipping it in on the turn?? u really think he has KQ?
i really don't remember why i shipped the turn. checking behind and calling any on the river is probably a better line. maybe i shipped because i thought that the money is going in on the river anyways and why give him a free card? something like that.so the discussion is pretty much ended, i'm gonna check and call river tehre in the future, or simply 4 bet preflop.mtdesmoines i was very impressed how you called villains hand in your first post like it was totally obvious. you were right, he had AA.

Reraise preflop and beyond that, hand is played fine. Who cares if he had Aces this time, you had AK and hit your King on a safe board. It's 10NL, people show up with weird stuff, and just keep making good decisions.