Online Poker As A Job

I had a question. I know some of you do online poker as your job (atleast it seems it lol), but I was curious, how do you make sure you have enough money to pay your bills each month? Do you transfer a certain amount of money to an account you don't touch and just withdraw it? The thought of trying this as a job has popped in and out of my head and just was curious how you guys work it.

I had a question. I know some of you do online poker as your job (atleast it seems it lol), but I was curious, how do you make sure you have enough money to pay your bills each month? Do you transfer a certain amount of money to an account you don't touch and just withdraw it? The thought of trying this as a job has popped in and out of my head and just was curious how you guys work it.
Just make sure you have lots of money, you should have 6 months of living expenses in addition to your bankroll.When I do it I pay for my poker for my primary income I set an hourly rate that is less than my expected earn rate that way I can keep adding to savings as well as pay my bills.
The thought of trying this as a job has popped in and out of my head and just was curious how you guys work it.
here is a good general rule of thumb. dont think about it unless you have 100,000 hands played of whatever game you intend to be playing at whatever stakes you need to play to support yourself. oh yea, and you have to win over those 100,000 hands too. having a job and playing poker part time is where its at.
I had toyed with the idea of playing online poker for a living for about a year before I actually gave it a go. I hated the 2 jobs I worked while considering it, but I never felt I could justify it, even when I was rolled to play $100 MTT's, and 3-6NL cash games. One day I hit a decent score from a MTT, and it gave me enough of a cushion to take a chance. I set aside enough for 1 year worth of rent, and expenses (some people are saying 6 months, but better safe than sorry right?), and I chose to play only games that I was overrolled for, so that even a bad run of cards couldn't really discourage me too much. Nothing would have been more frustrating than quitting my job as a temp after 8 months making $10 an hour with no benefits, then quitting that job the day they hired me for $15/h and benefits, then having to go back and start over as a temp again because I wasn't prepared for the poker route.

Thanks guys. I don't think I'm close to doing this, but the thoughts you have said of what money to set aside etc makes alot of sense. Thanks again!