1mperium (sorel Mizzi) In A Heap Of Trouble...

Took this from over at P5's. Basically many will remember Chris "slippyjacks" Vaughn winning the FTP and Sunday Million in back to back weeks a short while back. Well FTP investigated Slippy's account and came to the conclusion that Sorel Mizzi "bought" the account from Slippy towards the end of the tourney and then won it, which is illegal. There has been speculation that Sorel's FTP acct has been banned but that he is playing under a new acct on FTP. The Slippy Jacks acct is played by Chris Vaughn, one of the head guys at Bluff Magazine. This is total bullshit. Everyone idolized Sorel as this online poker God but he turns out to be just as guilty of cheating/multiaccounting as Justin Bonomo and JJ Progidy.I can't believe this shit is still going on. I used to think playing online was safe and secure but I guess my viewpoint on this has changed a bit. I wonder how many other online poker superstars are buying out accounts for large amounts and winning them. No matter what you say, this is cheating and is hurting the online poker scene.I believe he was caught by them matching IP addresses with Sorel's IP that was in the tourney and had busted, with the IP on Slippy's acct. They obv matched and the investigation was on. I also think that after Sorel won, he transferred the majority of the cash to his acct. Pretty easy for FTP to snuff this one out.http://www.pocketfives.com/97408D8E-DA1E-4...21870E7F86.aspx

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took this from over at P5's. Basically many will remember Chris "slippyjacks" Vaughn winning the FTP and Sunday Million in back to back weeks a short while back. Well FTP investigated Slippy's account and came to the conclusion that Sorel Mizzi "bought" the account from Slippy towards the end of the tourney and then won it, which is illegal. There has been speculation that Sorel's FTP acct has been banned but that he is playing under a new acct on FTP. The Slippy Jacks acct is played by Chris Vaughn, one of the head guys at Bluff Magazine. This is total bullshit. Everyone idolized Sorel as this online poker God but he turns out to be just as guilty of cheating/multiaccounting as Justin Bonomo and JJ Progidy.I can't believe this shit is still going on. I used to be really naive and blind to reality, but I guess I woke up. I wonder how many other online poker superstars are buying out accounts for large amounts and winning them. No matter what you say, this is cheating and is hurting the online poker scene.http://www.pocketfives.com/97408D8E-DA1E-4...21870E7F86.aspx
FYP

If it's true, then it sucks. Still though, Mizzi is one of the best tourney players in the world and I still have a massive amount of respect for his game.It doesn't really surprise me. It's not like the poker world is the most honourable thing in the world. He's still a sick player, and that's why I liked him in the first place. I'm not gona get upset and bothered coz another poker player is dishonest. He's a good player, and I like his game alot. He cheated. Big F'ing deal. I'm sure many others have done much worse

I'm not condoning it by any means. I don't play tourneys really, but I thought this kind of thing was legal? I thought I read some pokerstars statement saying if someone else took over your account during a tourney that was ok because you might have lost connection at your house or something?Mark

There were a tonne of people speculating that Chris Vaughan cheated in someway, i assume he's banned from FT aswell?How can FT check that it was Mizzi playing not Vaughan? Was he dumb enough to log out of his account and let Mizzi log in in another location or something? I always assumed that they would be in the same location and just swap over on the keyboard.I also find it LOL worthy that Sorren Kongsgard got disconnected in the HU stage of a $1mil guarentee.

Big deal.If I got really deep in a tourney but was worried that I might not have the best shot and I had a superstar MTT acquantance who was willing to TID for me, what's wrong with letting him finish it out? If he wasn't really playing multiple accounts and just took over for someone at a later stage, I don't see what the problem is. How would this be any different than the two of them in the same room with separate laptops?I'm not saying I would ever do this, but it's not like Bonomo entering the same tourney 6 times.

The key thing everyone is missing is that Imper1um was in the tournament himself and busted out earlier before taking over this guy's account later. That makes it much worse as he essentially had two accounts in the same tournament.

I'm not condoning it by any means. I don't play tourneys really, but I thought this kind of thing was legal? I thought I read some pokerstars statement saying if someone else took over your account during a tourney that was ok because you might have lost connection at your house or something?Mark
This happened on Full Tilt. But just for the record, it would be against PokerStars rules too:With trivial exceptions, a player may play on only one account during a tournament and may not "hand off" his seat in mid-event to a different player. Violation of this rule may result in penalties ranging from a warning, to disqualification from the tournament (with partial or full forfeiture of winnings), to barring from PokerStars. Examples:You get a phone call during a PokerStars tournament. You ask your husband, who has already busted out of that tournament, to play your hands for you. You are on the phone for ten minutes and then resume play. This is permitted.You and a friend are playing in the same tournament. You agree that if he busts out before you do, he will take over playing your account. This is prohibited.You are playing in a tournament and lose power in your home due to a failure of your power station. You call a friend and he takes over until your power is returned. This is permitted.Your husband is out of town for the weekend, but gives you his password. You log into both his account and yours and play both accounts in the same tournament. This is prohibited.You have progressed to the final few tables of a tournament and somebody offers you cash equity for your seat. You allow the other player to sign into your account, or you continue to finish the tournament following the explicit instructions given by him. This is prohibited.
Yeah, it's true if you lose connection, or your Uncle gets a heart attack and you need to take him to hospital, or something, you can get a friend to play for you. But it's not legal to just let someone play on your a/c because they are a better player
Big deal.If I got really deep in a tourney but was worried that I might not have the best shot and I had a superstar MTT acquantance who was willing to TID for me, what's wrong with letting him finish it out? If he wasn't really playing multiple accounts and just took over for someone at a later stage, I don't see what the problem is. How would this be any different than the two of them in the same room with separate laptops?I'm not saying I would ever do this, but it's not like Bonomo entering the same tourney 6 times.
no sw?
He cheated. Big F'ing deal. I'm sure many others have done much worse
I don't know if this is cheating, I don't know the story nor the players involved.But this makes you a scumbag.Degree of offense is a fallacy in rebuttal.

I wonder what stars will find when they investigate his Sunday Million on stars win now.I don't think there's much chance that he played all of that himself either.

I don't know if this is cheating, I don't know the story nor the players involved.But this makes you a scumbag.Degree of offense is a fallacy in rebuttal.
ok, I'll admit I don't know what that sentence means.What I'm saying is, if it's true, then I don't really care. Obv I'd prefer if it didn't happen, but I'm not gona lose any sleep over it. Like, come on, we'll know the poker world isn't sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. There's been cheaters, there are cheaters, and there will always be cheaters, the sooner we learn that then the less 'shocked' people will be when they find out a likely candidate for cheating was found, well, cheating.
Heh, I'll bite...This is 100x worse than buying into a tourney with 6 accounts. Chances are those 6 accounts would bust long before Sorel bought this account out. So essentially Sorel is buying into the same tourney under a different name WHEN IT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING. Sure, he paid a hefty premium for it, but there is no difference whatsoever.Those that don't think this is wrong need to take a few more ethics classes. What is the difference between someone playing two accounts by physically clicking buttons on a mouse or by telling someone which buttons to click. ABSOLUTELY NONE!It's obv the TOS at these sites are lacking and the follow through is even worse. It appears that online poker ethics need to be enforced by players and that is in a word, sad. Look at all of the disillusioned people who actually think there is nothing wrong with this.
ok, I'll admit I don't know what that sentence means.What I'm saying is, if it's true, then I don't really care. Obv I'd prefer if it didn't happen, but I'm not gona lose any sleep over it. Like, come on, we'll know the poker world isn't sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. There's been cheaters, there are cheaters, and there will always be cheaters, the sooner we learn that then the less 'shocked' people will be when they find out a likely candidate for cheating was found, well, cheating.
This is the most stupid thing that I have ever read.So you're saying because the online poker world has less than honest people in it's environment, we should just accept that peopla are going to bend the rules?LOL.
Heh, I'll bite...This is 100x worse than buying into a tourney with 6 accounts. Chances are those 6 accounts would bust long before Sorel bought this account out. So essentially Sorel is buying into the same tourney under a different name WHEN IT ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING. Sure, he paid a hefty premium for it, but there is no difference whatsoever.Those that don't think this is wrong need to take a few more ethics classes. What is the difference between someone playing two accounts by physically clicking buttons on a mouse or by telling someone which buttons to click. ABSOLUTELY NONE!It's obv the TOS at these sites are lacking and the follow through is even worse. It appears that online poker ethics need to be enforced by players and that is in a word, sad. Look at all of the disillusioned people who actually think there is nothing wrong with this.
QFMFT
Add to this that it is unfair to the other players in the tournament who don't know who they are playing against. They may have info on Chris Vaughn (from earlier in the tournament even) which is now either worthless or misleading since they are playing against someone else and they don't know it. Also, sorel had more than one opportunity to win the tournament. Definitely unethical.
This is the most stupid thing that I have ever read.So you're saying because the online poker world has less than honest people in it's environment, we should just accept that peopla are going to bend the rules?LOL.
eh, yeah.People, past, present and future, will break rules and be immoral. There's no stopping that. How can you not see that?
eh, yeah.People, past, present and future, will break rules and be immoral. There's no stopping that. How can you not see that?
Of course there is always the temptation to cheat. This goes for all things in life, not just poker. But to just submit to cheaters like you are proclaiming is not only stupid, but irresponsible. Ok, lets all just throw our arms up in the air and give up. Let's allow all the multi-accounters to run rampant and destroy the online poker world as we know it.You are retarded.
Add to this that it is unfair to the other players in the tournament who don't know who they are playing against. They may have info on Chris Vaughn (from earlier in the tournament even) which is now either worthless or misleading since they are playing against someone else and they don't know it.
It's not fair even if the others players DO know who they are playing against.

Haha, remember in the matrix how the agents kept taking over the bodies of other people as Neo and the rest kept running away? Remember how it felt to think of trying to kill someone who just kept popping back up in a new body everytime you did?

Re(1): Attempted Cheat Unsuccessful (Aaron Been) by mattg1983 on 8/18/2007 12:32 this is from the same thread on pocket5s (posted by mattg1983, very successfull player):"I was in a satellite on UB for a 17K paris package paying only first place. I was crusing through the tournament with the CL throughout when we got to the final talbe. There was a player I hadnt heard of on my left who seriously all of a sudden was playing extremely well. Anyways my cakewalk turned into a huge battle that ultimately ended with me losing HU to this player. Not 5 minutes later I get an AIM from a top ranked player who I considered my friend. he says guess who just won the paris package? ANyways he goes on to tell me that he took over for a friend at the final table. I was couldnt belive what I was hearing. Not only did this guy pull this shit, but had the audicity to rub a 17k bubble in my face not 5 minutes later. Like he was just too proud of himself to not let someone know. I was more just pissed at that point, but now I realize I was cheated out of alot of equity. this is a post I made a few months ago but did not reveal who it was. it was imperium. These ****ing people are flat out thieves. Will I ever know if Im playing a superstar deep in an MTT again?"

Just a quick side question: how do these people get contacted when they get deep? Say I'm in the final 18 of the Sunday Million.... how would anyone know to reach me to offer to buy my account? The only thing I can think is to search the poker message boards, hope the user name matches, and PM me. Is that what they do? Cuz I don't think I'd be checking for PMs at that point.