#541 astros11ss

astros11ss

the brown man they love to hate

• Members
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:tournament donking

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:13 AM

View Postmrdannyg, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:11 PM, said:

A little bird told me that the amount of money that is necessary to purchase goods and services is the same, irregardless of how much money you actually have. Hence, $12000 buys the same, whether you have a hundred dollars or a million. If that is not a relevant fact to you (not YOU, just anyone), then you are playing poker for competition, ego, etc, and not for money. that's fine, but you should say as much, and not use money as a means of measure then.
uh, what?

#542 Zach6668

Zach6668

FCHL Champion.

• Moderators
  • 48,807 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:14 AM

omg mdg where has you been?
QUOTE (serge @ Tuesday, May 12th, 2009, 7:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LETS GO PITTSBURGH
QUOTE (Acid_Knight @ Monday, March 10th, 2008, 4:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Zach is right about pretty much everything.

#543 speedz99

speedz99

It don't matter to Jesus.

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:15 AM

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 9:09 AM, said:

if i'm right, doesn't that by definition make the people who are calling me names and insulting me wrong?
I didn't say you were right, I just said that whether or not you were it's beside the point.But let's assume you were right. It's still very possible to be right AND ego-driven/narcissistic...or even just kind of an asshole about it. You don't think so?
You got a date Wednesday, baby!

#544 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:16 AM

View PostJSHamm, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 9:10 AM, said:

Mr Sparco, your response?
I'm pretty excited about this.

#545 Mr. Sparco

Mr. Sparco

Help!

• Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

View PostJSHamm, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 7:10 PM, said:

Mr Sparco, your response?
Twelve.

#546 renaedawn

renaedawn

Country Famous

• Members
  • 36,522 posts

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 11:57 AM, said:

narcisstic? ego driven? why do you people who don't know me at all keep insisting on insulting me and questioning my character? and also, AK vs A7 is almost a 98/2 situation, nice post IQcrash.i mean, it might never stop, but i'm pretty sure i'll never be cool with sitting here and reading people who have no clue what they're talking about insult and denigrate my character.
Why do you assume it's an insult? We're all here for narcissistic or ego-driven reasons. To say that you come to comment on your rail threads out of generosity is just an insult to those of us who understand the meaning of the word generous.We're all here for our own selfish reasons. Like I said, let's not pretend you're any different.
I keep telling myself I'm moving on
Believing my heart was strong
But every step I take that leads me away
Just circles back to your door

Wishing I didn't love you
What I'd give if I could touch you

Wishing I didn't love you anymore

#547 Piddle Duck

Piddle Duck

OH YEAH

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Peeing for distance

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 1:13 PM, said:

uh, what?
Why did that not surprise me?

#548 Royal_Tour

Royal_Tour

Sherlock Holmes of butt sex

• Members
  • 14,322 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:19 AM

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 10:13 AM, said:

uh, what?
he means that if 12k isnt much to you, but 24k is, why isnt 12k much?i think?basically he is asking, is your only concern while playing poker to get your name out there maybe have your face on the front of P5's etc etc.....

#549 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

uh, but as everyone here points out, i don't spend any time here anymore. everyone who is familiar with the place i spend time (thepokerhaus) or were friends with me or have dealt with me here extensively (pmjackson, jordan, etc) seems to think my personality, while not perfect, is reasonable enough to be friends with. you're absolutely right it makes no sense for me to care about what a site of people think of me when no one on the site knows me and the ones who do will back me up, but for the life of me i can't figure out why these people who don't know me at all constantly insult and question me.
Questioning you and insulting you are two different things. You get lots of insults, but I would suggest they're easily ignored. When someone with 12 posts says "omg BK is sooo lucky I'd pwn him HU for rollz!KO:W" you can ignore that. When people with at least some serious intention question you, you can ignore them too, but at least be aware people like Chrinestone aren't just doing it to be dicks or show off their e-penises. Moreover, don't confuse the two, because it makes you look silly.

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:13 PM, said:

uh, what?
i dunno, read it again if you need to. everything except the "little bird" part. that was just gay. oops, i typed out a restatement anyways:happiness can be derived from several things. in the case of poker, that is either from winning the maximum amount of money, or other, less quantifiable things, like competition, winning, accomplishment, etc. you consistently imply it is the money that drives you. however you also suggested we needed more money to compare our feelings to yours. i am pointing out that a Plasma TV costs $2000, whether or not I have $2200 or a million bucks. Money should not cause happiness in and of itself, but because of what it can be used for. You "should" be happy you won $12000 worth of goods and services, though disappointed by not winning $57000 (whatever) more worth of them. It isn't a question of relativity. By suggesting that, you are implying your goals are more towards thwarting competition, working hard to accomplish goals, etc. That's fine, since you obviously have more than enough money to meet your expenses. However if that is the case, you should rarely mention numbers, bankroll, winnings, etc, which you consistently do.p.s. i'm really not as serious about this as i sound, just interested in the viewpoint of someone in a somewhat extreme and unusual situation.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#550 MisterB

MisterB

I still wear big belt buckles.

• Members
  • 4,267 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:21 AM

AHAAAAAAAAAA

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

actually, i would argue that on average, i was significantly unlucky for the first 8 or so months of the year, and this is just variance catching up to me. i've played 1350 tourneys so far this year online, this late run is just evening out for the earlier part of the year when i was struggling personally.you would probably improve exponentially as a poker player if you stopped thinking and talking about luck so much. it's really an illusion.
And...

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM, said:

narcisstic? ego driven? why do you people who don't know me at all keep insisting on insulting me and questioning my character? and also, AK vs A7 is almost a 98/2 situation, nice post IQcrash.i mean, it might never stop, but i'm pretty sure i'll never be cool with sitting here and reading people who have no clue what they're talking about insult and denigrate my character.
And....

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 1:03 PM, said:

uh yea that's the basic jist of my argument earlier in the thread... i can't figure out why someonee would open a thread titled "bkice 1/4 in sunday mulligan" if they didn't want to read about me finishing in the top 4 in the sunday mulligan... why would you open the thread and then start complaining that a dude is bitching about bad beats? did you click on this thread expecting some top quality political debate or maybe a roundup of this week in the nfl? seriously?
And...

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 1:07 PM, said:

my point is that everything evens out over time... you can say "oh i ran bad for the first 8 months of the year" or "oh i ran sick for the month of september" but the fact is it all evens out over time. you have spent a lot of time in this thread complaining that i got lucky so many times in this tourney and that i remember everytime i get unlucky but forget when i get lucky and all this nonsense, but if you just stopped thinking about luck and just focused on the quality of the decisions you were making, you might move up in limits significantly faster than you are currently progressing.
And...

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 1:13 PM, said:

uh, but as everyone here points out, i don't spend any time here anymore. everyone who is familiar with the place i spend time (thepokerhaus) or were friends with me or have dealt with me here extensively (pmjackson, jordan, etc) seems to think my personality, while not perfect, is reasonable enough to be friends with. you're absolutely right it makes no sense for me to care about what a site of people think of me when no one on the site knows me and the ones who do will back me up, but for the life of me i can't figure out why these people who don't know me at all constantly insult and question me.
I feel you have been inconvenienced and am prepared to compensate you. Shall we say One million American dollars?Very well then, two million. AHAAAAAAAA!
QUOTE(JoeyJoJo @ Tuesday, October 2nd, 2007, 7:21 PM) View Post
MisterB - Tired of getting b-bombed? Well now you can return the favor! With MisterB in the calendar, you'll have at least 30 days to practice your technique. A vote for MisterB is a vote for big belt buckles everywhere.

#551 mrdannyg

mrdannyg

Cheese Salesman

• Members
  • 20,352 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM, said:

omg mdg where has you been?
oh hi der

View PostMr. Sparco, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:17 PM, said:

Twelve.
QFT

View PostRoyal_Tour, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:19 PM, said:

he means that if 12k isnt much to you, but 24k is, why isnt 12k much?i think?basically he is asking, is your only concern while playing poker to get your name out there maybe have your face on the front of P5's etc etc.....
kind of. basically pointing out that if he isn't just hoarding money, it is either the main cause of his happiness, or it isn't. if it is, then $12K is a ton, and he should be happy. if it isn't, stop talking about money. i'm sure he will point out most people bring up money that he wins, not him himself, but that's invalid. in some form or another, he talks about it far more than necessary.i do want to point out that playing for fame, competition, etc is not something i'm suggesting is problematic. he has a ton of money relative to his expenses. there are other reasons poker is fun/interesting. if he wants to play largely for those reasons, then that's a reasonable choice.
Long signatures are really annoying.

#552 Mercury69

Mercury69

Half man! Half man!

• Members
  • 14,244 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:NLHE

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:24 AM

View Postastros11ss, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:57 PM, said:

Playin' the race card now?
"We had all the momentum. We were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look west, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high-water mark, that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." —Raoul Duke, Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas

"Those are brave men knocking at the door. Let's go and kill them!" - Tyrion Lannister

#553 hblask

hblask

Perpetual slow learner

• Members
  • 9,860 posts
  • Interests:Just deal the cards already

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:25 AM

View PostZach6668, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:05 PM, said:

I didn't read this entire thread, but some people have told me it's retarded.
I want names, lol.It's so retarded, I'm enjoying it immensely. It's entertaining for it's ridiculousness.Oh, and pele, good post.
"Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?" -- J. Coulton

#554 Quacktastic

Quacktastic

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 1,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

This thread is QUACKTASTIC!!!
QUOTE (Dawson Leery @ Saturday, November 21st, 2009, 6:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There aren't any family restaurants in POUNDTOWN.

#555 speedz99

speedz99

• Members
  • 28,085 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:27 AM

View PostMr. Sparco, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 9:17 AM, said:

Twelve.
Winner.

#556 PMJackson21

PMJackson21

Poker Forum Veteran

• Members
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:29 AM

Montel, I think we're forgetting something very important in all this. Okay, sure, he touched some children, but, the man is a great singer and he has entertained us for so many years. Wha- What are you talking about? Michael Jackson! All this baad-mouthin', puttin' the man down. Maybe he did touch some children now and then, but come on! It's Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson!
----

Patrick
PMJackson21

"PrtyPsux estaba jugando muy loose, raiseaba desde early con KJo...cosas asi."

#557 astros11ss

astros11ss

the brown man they love to hate

• Members
  • 1,525 posts
  • Interests:tournament donking

View Postmrdannyg, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:23 PM, said:

oh hi derQFTkind of. basically pointing out that if he isn't just hoarding money, it is either the main cause of his happiness, or it isn't. if it is, then $12K is a ton, and he should be happy. if it isn't, stop talking about money. i'm sure he will point out most people bring up money that he wins, not him himself, but that's invalid. in some form or another, he talks about it far more than necessary.i do want to point out that playing for fame, competition, etc is not something i'm suggesting is problematic. he has a ton of money relative to his expenses. there are other reasons poker is fun/interesting. if he wants to play largely for those reasons, then that's a reasonable choice.
why do you assume it's a black and white thing? i don't think i would play poker if there was no monetary reward, but at the same time, i would never do something just to make money, i have to enjoy doing it and derive some utility from it. how about you just think about the "money" in terms of buyins - that beat cost me about 100 buyins, which is a gigantic # relative to anyone's bankroll, regardless of whether you're playing $5 or $500 tourneys.

#558 JSHamm

JSHamm

Ummm...I'm in Delaware

• Members
  • 2,196 posts

View PostMr. Sparco, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 9:17 AM, said:

Twelve.
Fascinating, so to expound (hope you don't mind), you're saying that Bkice has all 12 months of the year to nurture his talents and one hand shouldn't bring him down after all the highs (yes play on words) he's accomplished these past 12 months. A simply astute analysis with a touch of brevity. I love it. We'll see what pele_br has to say though. He may have a point you'd like to consider. Pele_br, the floor is yours.
QUOTE(Mr. Sparco @ Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 9:17 AM) View Post
Twelve.

#559 RhinestoneCowboy

RhinestoneCowboy

I'm Fu*king RodReynolds!!

• Members
  • 7,189 posts

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

View PostJSHamm, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 12:29 PM, said:

Fascinating, so to expound (hope you don't mind), you're saying that Bkice has all 12 months of the year to nurture his talents and one hand shouldn't bring him down after all the highs (yes play on words) he's accomplished these past 12 months. A simply astute analysis with a touch of brevity. I love it. We'll see what pele_br has to say though. He may have a point you'd like to consider. Pele_br, the floor is yours.
It took 14 pages, but we are finally getting somewhere...
QUOTE(Shimmering Wang @ Monday, January 1st, 2007, 1:49 PM) View Post
"I are trill cat. This is trill thread. Wamp Wamp."
Wang

QUOTE(astros11ss @ Monday, September 24th, 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post
i fucking got 4th in the tilt mulligan and 2nd in the bodog 100k... life fucking tilt

QUOTE(Bizzle @ Thursday, March 27th, 2008, 11:12 AM) View Post
Shaving your legs feels really good

#560 Piddle Duck

Piddle Duck

OH YEAH

• Members
  • 2,678 posts
  • Favorite Poker Game:Peeing for distance

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:32 AM

View PostQuacktastic, on Tuesday, September 25th, 2007, 1:27 PM, said:

This thread is QUACKTASTIC!!!
Well that is just odd...