does higher stakes mean better players?

So, it’s a $10 SNG on PokerStars. Prob around 8 players left – average stack around $3100. I go all in ($2400) with AA on a queen high flop and get called by Donkmeister, who turns over his 88 and hits his 8 on the river to cripple me.Before you tell me to post this in the bad beat section, I need to get to the meat of the problem. Can I expect these kinds of, um… c*ckheaded plays in higher stakes games or am I just complaining about the new realities of poker?

sorry to disappoint you man, but theres a dumbass at every level you will play. Always a donk with $ who thinks they know how to play poker and is willing to be the table fish. I hope you understand this is a good thing.

So, it’s a $10 SNG on PokerStars. Prob around 8 players left – average stack around $3100. I go all in ($2400) with AA on a queen high flop and get called by Donkmeister, who turns over his 88 and hits his 8 on the river to cripple me.Before you tell me to post this in the bad beat section, I need to get to the meat of the problem. Can I expect these kinds of, um… c*ckheaded plays in higher stakes games or am I just complaining about the new realities of poker?
10 dollars is not even close to a high stakes sng- 50 dollar sngs I would say are higher stakes, and pp lose all the time Aces or not. That is poker. Geez, there are donks left and right at the ten dollar level, but why is that bad?
sorry to disappoint you man, but theres a dumbass at every level you will play. Always a donk with $ who thinks they know how to play poker and is willing to be the table fish. I hope you understand this is a good thing.
but with a "in the money" percentage of around 25-30%, maybe I am one of these table fish?

i'm confused. you want to move up in stakes so the games will be harder? that sounds like an excellent idea. here's a suggestion: play out of your bankroll comfort zone in a game that is tougher than you're used to, and then come tell us how it worked out for you. P.S. you aren't good at.......things.

People play at higher stakes for a reason. Often times they are better players (like the vast number who have ground their way up there and have considerable experience), sometimes they have a natural flare for the game and have accumulated a bankroll quickly. But some people are just rich and play poker for completely different reasons to you and I. They wanna have a laugh, enjoy themselves and are actually providers to the tables 95% of the time. I saw a guy drop 3 buy ins at my 2-4 table in abut half an hour yesterday (1200 dolalrs). He then moved up to 3/6 and lost another buy in (1800 in total) but he was back on today. He CANNOT be playing for the same reasons as me and must be a very rich old dude with lots of time on his hands. And he is my new best friend. :wink:

but with a "in the money" percentage of around 25-30%, maybe I am one of these table fish?
If you are ITM 30% of the SnGs you are hardly a fish
Well, full disclosure dictates that I admit this is a ballpark figure. What do you guys call it…tracing or tracking or something? – this involves math and stuff and is therefore too difficult.
That would depend on the number of them played. 3 out of ten means nothing. 300 out of 1000 means something.
Well, full disclosure dictates that I admit this is a ballpark figure. What do you guys call it…tracing or tracking or something? – this involves math and stuff and is therefore too difficult.
Now I know this thread is a joke. Not a funny one, but a joke nonetheless.

Yes, you can expect this play.Brief explination of a hand.10 dollar SNG on pokerroom, second hand. I get 22. blinds 10-20. Bunch of limpers preflop. Flop comes J-X-X. Someone bets out 20 and I call along with everyone but one. Turn comes 2(I make a set). Second to act, first guy checks. I go allin for 1400 into a 200 dollar pot(around there) and get a call by AJoff. I knock him out and say "Smasharoo!!!!"You could make it blatenly obvious you have a hand and they will still call.

Now I know this thread is a joke. Not a funny one, but a joke nonetheless.
I was being ironical. Perhaps I should stick to poo and homo jokes?

30% is bad, but not _that_ bad.According to pokerprophecy (which is by no means a perfect definition), 25% or less is "fish", and 25 through 37% is average.The lower end of average is still a loss, supposing your wins are evenly distributed between first, second and third.Anything above 40 is good.