Time Again For Our Weekly Nlhe Strat Tourney

We got a nice turnout last week--let's keep it going!The password is fcpfcp.Thanks!

I'd be down for this, how does it work? Just a private tourney and we discuss strat in this thread, or in the chatbox or something?how many players did you get last week?

I'd be down for this, how does it work? Just a private tourney and we discuss strat in this thread, or in the chatbox or something?how many players did you get last week?
discuss in thread, there is also some point system but i hardly get to play
Made.
Thanks, Zach.BDC, we are four weeks into a ten week cycle. There is plenty of time to catch up in the point standings!
You are soooooo goin downPS..where's Chrisrichey? Anyone heard from him?
I saw him yesterday. He's been working a lot, and it was his first day off in a while. Thought he might post some, but maybe playing got in the way.

I'll be in, but I may be dead money this week. I'll be attempting to play while watching a 3 and 6 year old. :club:

I'll be in, but I may be dead money this week. I'll be attempting to play while watching a 3 and 6 year old. :D
Your dead money when you focus 100 percent on your gameBooooooom! :club:
I saw him yesterday. He's been working a lot, and it was his first day off in a while. Thought he might post some, but maybe playing got in the way.
So you guys know each other IRL? Cool.Someone brought up the points--I posted a separate thread about them but I think it makes sense to put them here as well. This is after three tourneys, and tonight will be the fourth, of a ten week cycle (after which we'll reset everthing and start fresh). I've promised to pay the buyin for week 1 of the next cycle to whomever wins this cycle:1: SlackerInc (52 pts)2: tripdeuces/mrbumpkin (34)3: goheels/JAS II (20)4: Copernicus/TheDominator (19)5: conor_mw (16)6(tie): simo_8ball (12)6(tie): IBTHEPENNY (12)8: Yahkin (11)9: tskilz187 (8)10: vivian.girls/navybuttons (7)11: meservery (6)12: Naslund44 (5)13(tie): GrinderMJ (4)13(tie): KevinJA8 (4)13(tie): Gallo (4)16: Zach6668 (3)17: KYSlim05 (1)18: dereeekho (1)Methodology: X is the number of players on a given night. Y is the number of players ITM that night.First, everyone gets x-[number of players remaining when they bust out]. Then the"bubble boy" gets a consolation prize of an extra 25% bump in his points. The remainingplayers who are ITM get bonuses as follows:[(y+2) - (place finished)] ^2 * 10%The "^2" means "squared".Everything rounds up.I believe tripdeuces has only played once, so that shows you there's plenty of opportunity to catch me!
So you guys know each other IRL? Cool.Someone brought up the points--I posted a separate thread about them but I think it makes sense to put them here as well. This is after three tourneys, and tonight will be the fourth, of a ten week cycle (after which we'll reset everthing and start fresh). I've promised to pay the buyin for week 1 of the next cycle to whomever wins this cycle:1: SlackerInc (52 pts)2: tripdeuces/mrbumpkin (34)3: goheels/JAS II (20)4: Copernicus/TheDominator (19)5: conor_mw (16)6(tie): simo_8ball (12)6(tie): IBTHEPENNY (12)8: Yahkin (11)9: tskilz187 (8)10: vivian.girls/navybuttons (7)11: meservery (6)12: Naslund44 (5)13(tie): GrinderMJ (4)13(tie): KevinJA8 (4)13(tie): Gallo (4)16: Zach6668 (3)17: KYSlim05 (1)18: dereeekho (1)Methodology: X is the number of players on a given night. Y is the number of players ITM that night.First, everyone gets x-[number of players remaining when they bust out]. Then the"bubble boy" gets a consolation prize of an extra 25% bump in his points. The remainingplayers who are ITM get bonuses as follows:[(y+2) - (place finished)] ^2 * 10%The "^2" means "squared".Everything rounds up.I believe tripdeuces has only played once, so that shows you there's plenty of opportunity to catch me!
RiggedI finally got some $$ on stars so I may well be in if I'm not too tired...I think this starts at 2am UK time and I've had so much work over the last few days but I'll probably be in if there's a good turnout
RiggedI finally got some $$ on stars so I may well be in if I'm not too tired...I think this starts at 2am UK time and I've had so much work over the last few days but I'll probably be in if there's a good turnout
LOL at "rigged".If you come, that will help the turnout! (chicken/egg, etc.)ETA: bdc30, we got 13 players last week.
It does start at 2am.I have my last revision lecture at 10 through 12 tomorrow morning.Hmm.I'll see. I've been up since 7am so I'm tired already.If I'm still awake I think I'll play, although it will probably finish at about half 4.
So you guys know each other IRL? Cool.
No, just from AIM.I've been talking to Chris on AIM for a while as well, and was worried he was in jail or something, lol, but I also talked to him yesterday, and can confirm that he's working, which is actually really good news for that guy.Lots of the tourney guys talk on AIM, or at least I have talked to them on AIM...

bumpI've got to go tutor right now, and after that I'm going out to dinner with friends; so I may be a little late for the tourney tonight, but I will definitely be there, hopefully before the first blind level is up.

Played too fast on flop?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t10/t205 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: t1550CO: t1500Button: t1470SB: t1480BB: t1500Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q :D Q :icon_dance:Hero raises to t70, CO raises to t160, 3 folds, Hero calls t90 (pot was t260).Flop: J :club: 2 :) 4 :D (t350, 2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t245, Hero raises all-in t1390Botch:Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t25/t509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t1665UTG+1: t1175MP1: t1460MP2: t1405MP3: t2200Hero: t1600Button: t3230SB: t1270BB: t995Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 9 :) 8 :icon_dance:5 folds, Hero calls t50 (pot was t75), Button calls t50 (pot was t125), SB calls t25 (pot was t175), BB checks.Flop: 7 :) T :icon_dance: J :D (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 8 :D (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t150, Button raises to t450, SB raises all-in t1220, BB folds, Hero pukes

Played too fast on flop?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t10/t205 playersConverterStack sizes:Hero: t1550CO: t1500Button: t1470SB: t1480BB: t1500Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with Q :D Q :icon_dance:Hero raises to t70, CO raises to t160, 3 folds, Hero calls t90 (pot was t260).Flop: J :club: 2 :) 4 :D (t350, 2 players)Hero checks, CO bets t245, Hero raises all-in t1390Botch:Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem TournamentBlinds: t25/t509 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: t1665UTG+1: t1175MP1: t1460MP2: t1405MP3: t2200Hero: t1600Button: t3230SB: t1270BB: t995Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is CO with 9 :) 8 :icon_dance:5 folds, Hero calls t50 (pot was t75), Button calls t50 (pot was t125), SB calls t25 (pot was t175), BB checks.Flop: 7 :) T :icon_dance: J :D (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.Turn: 8 :D (t200, 4 players)SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t150, Button raises to t450, SB raises all-in t1220, BB folds, Hero pukes
Hand 1 I'm down with. Hand 2 I'd bet the flop (learned that from this board).