Upcoming Poker After Dark Table From Dn Blog.

Daniel wrote in his blog he did a PAD 2 days ago.This is the lineup:Antonio EsfandiariShawn SheikanMike MatusowPhil HellmuthPhil LaakDaniel NegreanuLMAO. How sick entertaining is that gonna be? :club:

Daniel wrote in his blog he did a PAD 2 days ago.This is the lineup:Antonio EsfandiariShawn SheikanMike MatusowPhil HellmuthPhil LaakDaniel NegreanuLMAO. How sick entertaining is that gonna be? :club:
I don't know. I find the constant talking from Matusow and Sheikan to get annoying at times. Can't they at least come up with some new stuff to say. Hellmuth has also been pretty annoying in these as well.

I absolutely hate it and I hate the concept PAD seems to be inclining towards. I greatly enjoy watching poker, not flagrant displays of douchebaggery perpetrated by manchildren with personality disorders. The producers are intentionally making the most volatile, douchiest table lineups because they think that the result of clashing egos and excessive bravado are more entertaining than watching great pros playing great cards.They're probably right since we are a Jerry Springer society, but for my own tastes, I'd rather just watch the players play cards instead of being distracted every 30 seconds by open acts of moronically charged tantrums. Esfandiari, Laak and DN will be the only ones worth watching. Matusow, Sheikhan and Hellmuth will be like pouring lemon juice on a freshly opened wound.

I don't know. I find the constant talking from Matusow and Sheikan to get annoying at times. Can't they at least come up with some new stuff to say. Hellmuth has also been pretty annoying in these as well.
QFT
I absolutely hate it and I hate the concept PAD seems to be inclining towards. I greatly enjoy watching poker, not flagrant displays of douchebaggery perpetrated by manchildren with personality disorders. The producers are intentionally making the most volatile, douchiest table lineups because they think that the result of clashing egos and excessive bravado are more entertaining than watching great pros playing great cards.They're probably right since we are a Jerry Springer society, but for my own tastes, I'd rather just watch the players play cards instead of being distracted every 30 seconds by open acts of moronically charged tantrums. Esfandiari, Laak and DN will be the only ones worth watching. Matusow, Sheikhan and Hellmuth will be like pouring lemon juice on a freshly opened wound.
perfectly said
Matusow, Sheikhan and Hellmuth will be like pouring lemon juice on a freshly opened wound.
i just tried this to test your theory. i did see stars, but they weren't playing poker. i was sad.other than this, you were right. so 4 out of 5 stars (neither poker nor pain ones) to you!

I watch different shows for different reasons. If I want to watch serious/quiet poker play - I'll watch WSOP or the WPT.If I want to watch great cash game play mixed with entertainment - I'll watch HSPIf I want to watch pure entertaining and hilarious poker - PAD provides that!I like how every show is different! PAD is great in my book.

agreed... the best shows of HSP didn't have any of the childish acting up for the camera! I can't imagine Doyle, Antonius, Booth, Townsend etc etc acting like that. I prefer the serious stuff with good play anyday!
I can somewhat see what you're saying, but, BY FAR, the most boring episodes of HSP is when they have no personalities on. The commentators show, for example, put me to sleep. Kaplan, Konik, Brown, Gordon, Sext.........ZZZZZZZZZZ.

Well to be honest, I love the lineup.Of course I am a poker stud so I don't look to try to improve my game, so that probably makes me watch for entertainment value. And this line up will entertain.But those of you still learning, yea, don't watch.

I can somewhat see what you're saying, but, BY FAR, the most boring episodes of HSP is when they have no personalities on. The commentators show, for example, put me to sleep. Kaplan, Konik, Brown, Gordon, Sext.........ZZZZZZZZZZ.
It was boring because they weren't 'great' card players. The best of that lot there was probably Sexton and his style isn't flashy enough to keep anyone tuned in. I totally understand that a large part of making poker "work" on TV is infusing it with certain personalities, but it can be overdone. Anytime you have more than one unapologetic douchebag at the table, it's overdone IMO. I fail to see why people would watch poker just to see idiots behave like idiots. There are much, much better venues for idiot-watching than poker shows.

Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari.Hmmm..Over/Under on how many times they say 'Sooo sick', 'I wanna bust you sooo bad', Phil Laak throws fake punches and/or starts going on (in a completely fake and planned way) about reverse negative implied odds.I'll watch for Hellmuth alone. At least he's a genuinely mis-guided and tragic figure. Bring it.

When you watch the show you will see anythng but Jerry Springer like behaviour. Instead, you will see a heartfelt respect for each other, tons of humor, lots of friendly jabs at each other, and some amazing poker. You will be totally shocked, of that, I promise you.
I absolutely hate it and I hate the concept PAD seems to be inclining towards.
right, i hate getting to see EVERY hand ivey, dn, hellmuth and others play. i'd much rather watch edited-for-mass-consumption all-in/cooler fests.
When you watch the show you will see anythng but Jerry Springer like behaviour. Instead, you will see a heartfelt respect for each other, tons of humor, lots of friendly jabs at each other, and some amazing poker. You will be totally shocked, of that, I promise you.
Well there ya go, sounds good. To the critics, you were all gonna watch it anyway, who are you kidding?... :club:
It was boring because they weren't 'great' card players.
What about Champions week or whatever that was. Try telling me that Doyle and Chan aren't great card players. Then try explaining how that show we even remotely watchable with 15 minute stretches of silence.PAD has a unique format - play lots of poker up front and then we'll bump the blinds every 5 minutes once we have enough footage. I actually kind of like that since it gives you good poker up front. But it also gives the players a chance to chat and be friendly. Some of my favorite parts of the show are when Steve Z is talking about getting arrest or Doyle tells any story about the old days.
Well, you're the 'horses mouth' so if you say so, it's probably how it is.Still, I think you enjoy the benefit of knowing these guys in real life, whereas the rest of us have to digest their mannerisms based solely on the little fragments we see of them on TV. A guy like Sheikhan? Couldn't possibly convey a worse image than he does on TV. Seriously.He is either the greatest comediac genius since Andy Kauffman (or FCPs "Mr. Zimmerlin") and it's all just a contrived act, or the cameras are just showing who he is. He might be a great guy in real life, but to see him on on TV, I think I'd rather be watching 'Golden Girls' reruns on that lesbian channel.
Phil Laak and Antonio Esfandiari.Hmmm..Over/Under on how many times they say 'Sooo sick', 'I wanna bust you sooo bad', Phil Laak throws fake punches and/or starts going on (in a completely fake and planned way) about reverse negative implied odds.I'll watch for Hellmuth alone. At least he's a genuinely mis-guided and tragic figure. Bring it.
One of the better PAD weeks was the one where those two did end up heads up for the money. I thought it was very entertaining.
Well, you're the 'horses mouth' so if you say so, it's probably how it is.Still, I think you enjoy the benefit of knowing these guys in real life, whereas the rest of us have to digest their mannerisms based solely on the little fragments we see of them on TV. A guy like Sheikhan? Couldn't possibly convey a worse image than he does on TV. Seriously.He is either the greatest comediac genius since Andy Kauffman (or FCPs "Mr. Zimmerlin") and it's all just a contrived act, or the cameras are just showing who he is. He might be a great guy in real life, but to see him on on TV, I think I'd rather be watching 'Golden Girls' reruns on that lesbian channel.
1. Comparing Sheik to Kaufman is an insult to Kaufman. B. How do I get access to the "lesbian channel?" Is it one of the premium channels that cost extra?
haha scram got owned by DN. standard.
Wow. That constitutes "getting owned?"Scram: Hi DN.DN: Hi Scram.WoundedPride: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAHAHA scram just got so PWNED!!!!!!!!

If you wanna know the outcome, go check out PH's blog on CardPlayer.com... he has two different posts about the 2 tables he filmed this week.He apparently gets pwned by Doyle in the first table (not eliminated, I didn't post a spoiler)....