Havent been playing long, reading alot though and would like some thoughts on this hand...won a $500+ pot but feel really stupid on how i played it...basically i got lucky..i think.1/3 NL 'Holdem cash game - 10 handed game.Im out of position (3 seat?..the seat left of BB), get delt KhKs.I raise to $20. folded around to seat 9. he calls. heads up.FLOP - Qs 8h 10sIm first to act so i CHECK (im thinking ill play it sneaky, 99% sure he's going to bet something...)He bets out $50...i RAISE to $125...he thinks for a bit then announces ALL-IN for another $250+Now im a bit scared. for some reason i cant shake the idea that he has a set and im way behind....I think for a good minute or two..people @ the table are cool..they realize its a huge pot.I decide to call.He turns over Ad Qh giving him top pair/top kickerHes baffled I waited so long to call and little perturbed. I tell him I really put him on a set. TURN brings an As, giving him 2 pair. He yells out. I feel sick. I'm dead to a King or Jack.RIVER brings a Js, giving me the straight.I pull in the pot and the guy is fuming but doesnt really say anything to me.SO my questions are..Was check raising a bad play?Would you guys have insta-called after he pushed all-in? ( i was afraid of the flush/straight and set that was possibly out there...)If you played to the TURN, now seeing the Ace, would you guys fold still?how would you guys have played that im my position?thanks!

why have there been so many post in General lately, that obviously belong in strategy where the poster will receive a much more serious answer.

Was check raising a bad play?Would you guys have insta-called after he pushed all-in? ( i was afraid of the flush/straight and set that was possibly out there...)If you played to the TURN, now seeing the Ace, would you guys fold still?how would you guys have played that im my position?
1. Yes.2. No, I'd have grandstanded for a few seconds, done a few chip tricks, then called all-in.3. Yes.4. Push preflop.
Would you guys have insta-called after he pushed all-in?
Welcome to the forum.I highly suggest you take hands to the NL strategy section. This will get moved there shortly, I assume.As for the quote above, my suggestion is to never insta-do anything unless calling an all in with the nuts. Take your time and think things through. If it annoys people, it annoys people. That's not your concern. Thinking through all of the aspects to the hand and making the best decision is your concern.
Welcome to the forum.I highly suggest you take hands to the NL strategy section. This will get moved there shortly, I assume.As for the quote above, my suggestion is to never insta-do anything unless calling an all in with the nuts. Take your time and think things through. If it annoys people, it annoys people. That's not your concern. Thinking through all of the aspects to the hand and making the best decision is your concern.
You ruined my caffeine buzz.
i apologize that this is in the wrong forum. just registered today and was thinking about this hand all day. will they move this post or can i move it?
If you go to the original post and click in the upper-left corner, you can do a drag and drop.