Big Draw Oop Against A Donkey

Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.25/$0.505 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $50.75Hero: $108.05Button: $50SB: $62.35BB: $55.25Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 7 :club: 9 :DUTG raises to $1.5, Hero raises to $5, 3 folds, UTG calls.Flop: 8 :D 5 :) 2 :D ($10.75, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $8, UTG calls.Turn: 4 :D ($26.75, 2 players)UTG checks, Hero bets $22, UTG calls.River: K :) ($70.75, 2 players)UTG is all-in $15.75, Hero folds.Villian is a crazy lagtard like 70/30 somethingI have been raising 1/3 of the hands and playing ultra aggressively post flop. People keep folding though so I keep bettingMy real question is what to do on the turn, I check he very easily could push.

You can't really bet the turn for value, so I think you're setting up a river bluff. In that case, the turn bet is too big, because the villain ends up snapping you off for cheap on the river.If you don't think he's going to fold, then just check and fold the river.

if he is a donkey then wait for better spots, like with a made hand, to get his money, when you try and bluff a donkey you become a donkey
Concur. You misplayed this hand, sir. The reason why lagtards are easy to play against because all you have to do is nit it up. Anything different from this strategy loses you money. I would have folded 97 pf against such a fool as your opponent. You ONLY value bet / raise against donkeys in micro cash games.
You can't really bet the turn for value, so I think you're setting up a river bluff. In that case, the turn bet is too big, because the villain ends up snapping you off for cheap on the river.If you don't think he's going to fold, then just check and fold the river.
All of this is true.Also, you're not OOP.

You have good equity on the flop so betting there is fine but once you get to the turn your equity drops dramatically.Betting $22 on the turn leaves him with an awkward stack size. I think checking behind on the turn and betting the river if you hit is best.If this guy was fairly passive then a turn semi-bluff shove is better than betting $22 and leaving him with ~$15.