I guess I was in doubt throughout this hand so I am going to post all the action except the river decision. Part of the decision process is villian's odd stats and the fact that I have no notes on him after 27 hands only.Villain is 88/8/1.1 after 27 hands.I thought the pre flop decision was kind of tough, but I will let you guys decide that. The hand didn't really get any easier for me to play post flop either.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (10 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is MP3 with K, J5 folds, Hero raises, CO 3-bets, 3 folds, Hero callsI really don't like KJo but since I was in a position to open, I factored in my early steal possibilities and decided to raise it up. Would you?Flop: (7.5 SB) J, 3, A (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero callsSince we are HU I really question this decision in review, I think I could have done about anything here but this may have been the worst of all the possibilities. idk. In review I'm wondering if bet/call or bet/fold might not be better? What do you think?Turn: (4.75 BB) 7 (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero callsI think my flop decision made this street hard. If I had led the flop or even c/r the flop, the turn would have been easier-but as played what would you do?River: (6.75 BB) 3 (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero?This street wasn't really that hard for me to decide, but just in case I got it wrong what would you do?

I suck at limit poker and don't play it much....but I have read SSHE.I dont think the raise is bad from that position, and this being limit....you have to call the 3 bet.I think Bet/Fold is the best option on the flop, then Check, Call and then bet/call....in that order. As flop was played, i just check/call turn and river. This is why I hate limit and I'm glad I don't play it:)

preflop is ok, check call and folding unimproved turn is ok or just bet/ fold flop straight up imo but play smaller stakes limit games and still have holes so idk

Truthfully, I propably would have played it like you did, BUT I am admittedly too passive/calling station post flop, so don't go taking that as a compliment !I like the pfr after the 5 folds.I think the correct move on the flop is to check raise him. Check/calling is weak and doesn't get you anymore info. He has to continuation bet the flop (after his 3 bet pf) after you checked to him. Your check/call screams lower pair than the ace. I don't think donk betting into him on the flop is the way to go either. If you check raise him on the flop and he 3 bets you, you can be more convinced that he really does have the ace.

I think you played it fine. I'd call river vs. a random. I think donk-betting this flop is bad. I think c/r this flop is less bad, but still bad. I think this is a pretty clear c/c on the flop. Pre-flop is fine if you're competent postflop.

I think you played it fine. I'd call river vs. a random. I think donk-betting this flop is bad. I think c/r this flop is less bad, but still bad. I think this is a pretty clear c/c on the flop. Pre-flop is fine if you're competent postflop.
Dink it totally correct donk betting this would be a real mistake. In this situation I go into my heads down Bob mode and check call the flop and turn and also the river as played.The only information you have on this opponent is that he likes to see the flop a lot. Just because he hasn't raised much doesn't mean he doesn't have 52 sooted here and has decided to get frisky and will bluff at every street. Really bad players often do random things that make no sense and against them going into check call mode with medium strength hands is the way to play against them.
Dink it totally correct donk betting this would be a real mistake. In this situation I go into my heads down Bob mode and check call the flop and turn and also the river as played.
Hugely agree.One thing, though, when you start to develop a bit better of a read on a player, we can start to make better decisions here. In general, the turn is where we make the decision here, call down both streets, or just fold right away. We chose on the turn to c/c down, and I think that's fine. Once we get a more precise read, we can even look to a c/c, c/f line, when we know what his river bets will be like. Some guys simply check behind with hands worse than tp, even air, assuming you're always calling, etc. Just something to think about.
Is there any reason you don't bet the turn when it comes up dry. After the c/c on the flop, it seems like there's an opportunity to press him a little. Just a thought.
Um... why?What better hands fold? (hint: none)What worse hands call? (weaker jacks?)Can we get bluff raised because our line looks retarded and villain can rep the ace or better? (some non-trivial portion of the time)Do we gain any additional information (without sacrificing equity)? (no)And for me, I just prefer to keep the flow going and c/c. There are spots to donkbet that I miss because of this, and something I would work on if I played LHE anymore, but this isn't one of them.Furthermore, once we just donk the turn and he just calls, what's our river plan? That's important.Fwiw, in a vacuum, I think the thing that swings it to c/c over bet, is that most people continue with their air with the hopes of folding out a hand like ours, but will just fold it when we do donk out.

The clear value in c/c, c/c is in inducing bluffs. Hand-read your own range here and think about all the c/c, c/f's you have. Now think about how weak your range is if you c/r all of your A's, all of your big J's and all of your 2p+ and yet you c/c the flop. You'll get barreled 100% of the time here when you c/c the flop if a good player sees you c/r'ing KJ. I know that balance isn't a conscious concern of most players at low levels, but even a mediocre player can intuitively see that you don't c/c anything with showdown value here if you c/r or donk-bet Jacks. If you want to look at it on a basic level (which may be the more valuable analysis in this particular spot), you're just WA/WB. If you get aggressive, the only value is in gaining bets from worse J's. You're never folding better. Never. Never ever. There is very little in his range that you want to prevent from getting free cards. KQ is one of the only reasonable hands you'd even look to protect against. All of the hands that will put in extra action on this board beat you. And all of the ones that won't, are simply going to fold or call down. This is a very clear c/c flop, c/c turn, c/ decide river vs. someone you don't have a lot of hands on. The river decision you just fill in using all of the information at your disposal. This type of board is perfect to practice hand-reading on because it hits different parts of ranges and hits them all in very clear ways. But really that hand-reading won't do you any good if you don't play correctly when the cards are face up, so think about WHY you want to donk-bet or c/r in these spots and figure out if your reasoning is solid. Ask yourself the questions Zach asked and you'll have the tools to figure out most spots.