Stud8: Can I Value Bet Thin On 6th?

Can I value bet thin on 6th?7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.1/$0.2), Ante $0.02, Bring-In $0.03 (converter)3rd Street - (1.5999999999999999 SB)Seat 1: xx xx J :club: ___foldsSeat 2: xx xx K :club: ___foldsSeat 3: xx xx 8 :club: ___calls ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A :4h ___calls ___callsSeat 5: xx xx 6 :ts ___foldsHero: K :heart: 7 :4h K :5c ___completesSeat 7: xx xx 6 :club: ___brings-in ___callsSeat 8: xx xx 8 :3h ___folds4th Street - (5.6000000000000005 SB)Seat 3: xx xx 8 :heart: J :qh ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A :jh J :angry: ___checks ___callsHero: K :heart: 7 :5c K :qc 7 :3d ___betsSeat 7: xx xx 6 :angry: 4 :angry: ___folds5th Street - (4.3 BB)Seat 3: xx xx 8 :heart: J :7s 3 :angry: ___callsSeat 4: xx xx A :D J :angry: 3 :club: ___checks ___callsHero: K :club: 7 :3h K :D 7 :D 2 :qh ___bets6th Street - (7.3 BB)Seat 3: xx xx 8 :club: J :D 3 :angry: T :angry: ___checksSeat 4: xx xx A :( J :angry: 3 :club: A :jh ___checksHero: K :club: 7 :D K :( 7 :club: 2 :D Q :angry: ___checksRiver - (7.3 BB)Seat 3: xx xx 8 :club: J :club: 3 :angry: T :angry: xx ___checksSeat 4: xx xx A :club: J :angry: 3 :club: A :D xx ___checksHero: K :club: 7 :D K :club: 7 :club: 2 :club: Q :angry: T :ts ___checksTotal pot: (7.3 BB - $1.46)

Same thing here, 6th and 7th seem pretty thin to me, but help!!!!!7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.1/$0.2), Ante $0.02, Bring-In $0.03 (converter)3rd Street - (1.5999999999999999 SB)Seat 1: xx xx Q :7s ___callsSeat 2: xx xx K :D ___foldsSeat 3: xx xx 3 :D ___callsSeat 4: xx xx 9 :club: ___foldsSeat 5: xx xx 6 :heart: ___callsHero: 6 :ts 8 :D 7 :4h ___callsSeat 7: xx xx 2 :angry: ___brings-inSeat 8: xx xx 6 :angry: ___folds4th Street - (3.0999999999999996 SB)Seat 1: xx xx Q :D J :club: ___checks ___callsSeat 3: xx xx 3 :( Q :angry: ___checks ___callsSeat 5: xx xx 6 :club: J :5c ___checks ___foldsHero: 6 :3h 8 :( 7 :qh 3 :club: ___betsSeat 7: xx xx 2 :angry: 8 :club: ___folds5th Street - (3.05 BB)Seat 1: xx xx Q :club: J :club: 3 :angry: ___checksSeat 3: xx xx 3 :club: Q :angry: J :angry: ___checksHero: 6 :jh 8 :club: 7 :D 3 :club: 8 :D ___checks6th Street - (3.05 BB)Seat 1: xx xx Q :club: J :club: 3 :angry: Q :D ___checksSeat 3: xx xx 3 :club: Q :angry: J :angry: K :D ___checksHero: 6 :club: 8 :club: 7 :ts 3 :club: 8 :4h 7 :club: ___checksRiver - (3.05 BB)Seat 1: xx xx Q :heart: J :club: 3 :angry: Q :5c xx ___checksSeat 3: xx xx 3 :heart: Q :angry: J :angry: K :3h xx ___checksHero: 6 :qh 8 :heart: 7 :jh 3 :angry: 8 :qc 7 :angry: 3 :3d ___checksTotal pot: (3.05 BB - $0.61)

I think these are too thin i would check them but i suck at stud 8

after thinking some more in #1 it seems that seat #3 only has a high draw, but it may be better than yours if he has aces and x and seat #4 only has a low draw so would either of them call a bet for half of the pot? I think you may or may not scoop both #1 and #2 but it is hard to tell so #1 you may get a vbet but #2 i just don't see you getting too many calls that lose to you for the scoop.

is there like a poker stove for stud? something you could put randoms with the cards gone that we know are dead? That could help.

You are the only one with two way action on 6th street on the 2nd hand, so I don't think a bet is horrible there.
Right, in hindsight I was thinking that as well

1st hand, I would not bet. if he's showing AJ3A, and he's been check calling down, what would you put him on? I'd put him on some kind of small pair. It's also possible for a low. Unless you think you can get the first player out so you can get it heads up, why bother?2nd hand, I do v-bet. No one has shown any aggression here, even with the Q up pairing, chances are he limped with either two high or two lows (at .10/.20, don't be surprised) hoping to get lucky, so there's less chance the two pair came here. Further, you have a chance to scoop. The bet is nicer here.

1st hand, I would not bet. if he's showing AJ3A, and he's been check calling down, what would you put him on? I'd put him on some kind of small pair. It's also possible for a low. Unless you think you can get the first player out so you can get it heads up, why bother?2nd hand, I do v-bet. No one has shown any aggression here, even with the Q up pairing, chances are he limped with either two high or two lows (at .10/.20, don't be surprised) hoping to get lucky, so there's less chance the two pair came here. Further, you have a chance to scoop. The bet is nicer here.
TY
  • 2 weeks later...

1st hand is too thin - check it down and be happy if it does.2nd hand is a bet because you have the low draw plus 4 outs to the relative nuts since both opponents are sharing cards. It's a check on 7th UI though.

1st hand is too thin - check it down and be happy if it does.2nd hand is a bet because you have the low draw plus 4 outs to the relative nuts since both opponents are sharing cards. It's a check on 7th UI though.
pretty well agree with this, first hand Ace has the lead for sure, I would check down he could beat your 2 pair for sure even have a possible straight draw.2nd hand value bet, you have a good strong hand were no one has a possible hand showing. I would play it aggressively. My thoughts since I have placed and cashed in the last 4 of 5 Ft's in stud as of today in the last 2 weeks lol.

Is betting eights up against open queens a good idea even in stud hi?Or are we talking about value betting when he pairs his hidden eight on 5th? (in which case, I agree)

Is betting eights up against open queens a good idea even in stud hi?Or are we talking about value betting when he pairs his hidden eight on 5th? (in which case, I agree)
the latter value betting when he pairs his hidden eight on 5th, why bet open queens when mostly likely you would be beat, I would check those down. Your just throwing money away.Cappy and King James why are you guys not playing these tournaments they are super soft.
the latter value betting when he pairs his hidden eight on 5th, why bet open queens when mostly likely you would be beat, I would check those down. Your just throwing money away.Cappy and King James why are you guys not playing these tournaments they are super soft.
I plan on playing the one's you skip.. Why would I want to play for second place? :club:
  • 4 weeks later...

I hate live stud8. Well I actually love it, but remembering all the cards and action is impossible.I was in a shit spot in a 4 way pot where I started3c 5c 6c 2c on fourth against8 4J T6 8I was drawing to the world and bricked a smoothQd on 5th3h on 6thQh on 7thso the pot was ginormous, like almost 30BB, the obv low bet and two calls and I called with queens up and split against two lower 2 pairs...Crazy game... I tanked for like a minute which is a long time for a stud8 decision...

• 2 weeks later...

Live Stud/8 would have to be like the most profitable thing ever, if you can find a game. People never fold in online, so I can only imagine the stations live. "I have just a pair of Kings on the river and he's bet every street showing 2456, he probably just has the low, **** it I call." Drool.Although granted to play it properly would be very boring live I'm sure as starting hand selection is too important against mega-stations and I'm sure hands take forever and a day to deal out.

Live Stud/8 would have to be like the most profitable thing ever, if you can find a game. People never fold in online, so I can only imagine the stations live. "I have just a pair of Kings on the river and he's bet every street showing 2456, he probably just has the low, **** it I call." Drool.Although granted to play it properly would be very boring live I'm sure as starting hand selection is too important against mega-stations and I'm sure hands take forever and a day to deal out.
Yes indeed... I've played a fair amount of live 3/6 HORSE and they do 8 hands per game, so 40 hands to get through the cycle and it can take almost 2 hours...But profitable it is

An interesting spot live:Obv can't remember all dead cards, and some suits are prob wrong (I want a photographic memory for xmas)Stud8- 6 handed .5/1 (.1ante/.25bring-in)Villain 1: (X X) Ac AdVillain 2: (X X) Qd QhHero: (2h 3c) 4d 8c3rd: Hero brings-in, 1 fold, Villain 1 completes, Villain 2 calls, couple folds, Hero calls (4.1sb)4th: Villain 1 bets, Villain 2 raises, Hero...It should be noted that Villain 1 tried to double-bet, but it's stud8. He also had a dollar chip in his hand as he was going to 3bet... So I'm looking at a capped 4th streetI'm assuming that I'm against something like 54 AA and TQ QQ or JJ QQ (I don't think villain two would raise with just JT QQ) Villain 1 could certainly have 4A AA... Any and all thoughts

I really can't see anyone, good or bad at the game, b/3b the open AA here with two babies underneath - I think he has to have trips. A non-expert at S/8 won't b/3b because they are way behind Villain 2's repped hand, and have to catch 2 for any low, they will almost certainly peel and hope to improve in one direction or the other on 5th. An expert player won't b/3b (w)(w)AA either, because he will want to keep you in the hand with an 8 draw. Even though he has two to make any low, it's almost certain that it would end up being better than your 8 low. Since he's drawing at a two outer to scoop, he's got no reason to drive you out. Therefore I put V1 on trip aces and nothing else, really. I think you are certainly good to peel one here. if it does get capped on 4th, thats not the end of the world because even if you brick 5th V2 would have to be either certifiably insane (or have quads) to get in another raising war on 5th. And also, V2 is never raising anything besides trip Q there. You can safely throw out any ideas of JJQQ or TJQQ.