Similar Hands, Hands #1

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 ($7.75)MP1 ($73.70)Hero ($48.55)CO ($54.95)Button ($57.40)SB ($53.10)BB ($16.15)UTG ($64.40)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Adiamond.gif, Jclub.gif. 3 folds, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, Button calls $2, 2 folds.Flop: ($4.75) 9diamond.gif, Jheart.gif, Jdiamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3.5, Button calls $3.50.Turn: ($11.75) 6diamond.gif(2 players)Hero bets $6.5, Button calls $6.50.River: ($24.75) 8spade.gif(2 players)Hero bets $10, Button raises to $45, Hero calls $26.55 (All-In).Final Pot: $106.30I liked the flop at first but after the turn call, I felt like the villain could be slowplaying a monster. Should I value bet the river here? Should I then call his reraise? Based on his stats (30.38/12.66/5.5/79) he could be playing a wide range of hands and has shown a lot of aggression with them, which is why his lack of aggression on this hand until the river confused me. My image up to this point has been tight aggressive. I've been at the table a few orbits and taken a few pots down with preflop raises and continuation bets. I haven't really gotten out of line yet. Looking for other opinions on this one.

Not that big on the preflop raise from MP with AJ offsuit.Bet the flop harder with the flush draw. Your turn and river bets both look weak. He may be trying to push you off a hand here. As played, I prolly call too.

Unfortunately, the flush got there, the straight got there, every mid pair besides 77 made a fullhouse, as did a couple playable jacks (J9,J8)I don't think the villain will have air here very often, but you'll see people play QJ or JT like he did as well. You're getting 2.7:1, but I don't see anything you beat besides exactly QJ or JT.I probably fold and hate poker.

I'm generally betting more on this flop. It's hard to tell what his hand is after a call, so we need to charge extra to counteract implied odds.I think I like check-call on the river. You might lose value against a weaker jack or a pocket pair, but I think it's more likely that he was drawing.

I thought your pre-flop raise was fine, if not a litle big. I prefer something closer to 3 times the BB. On the flop, I actually loved your bet size. It looked a little weak and certainly didn't look like a bet with trips. Now, the turn card is AMAZING for you since you have the Ad. At that point, there is little to no risk in slowplaying your hand. Your opponent might even be calling you on the flop to try and take the pot away from you on the turn. By betting 6.50, you take away that option from him. I think you could check the turn. Now, on the river, after you bet the flop and the turn, I think the river bet is a little too dangerous:1. It's tough to fold if raised.2. If he has trips with a weaker kicker he'll bet the river costing you nothing value wise.3. You take the bluff away from him. A bluff raise in that situation, with that board, would be so sick. He isn't bluffing, but the problem you now face is that it's unclear if he's raising you with what he "thinks" is the best hand. I would lean towards check-calling the river. It might sound weak, but it's the best play IMO.

I thought your pre-flop raise was fine, if not a litle big. I prefer something closer to 3 times the BB. On the flop, I actually loved your bet size. It looked a little weak and certainly didn't look like a bet with trips. Now, the turn card is AMAZING for you since you have the Ad. At that point, there is little to no risk in slowplaying your hand. Your opponent might even be calling you on the flop to try and take the pot away from you on the turn. By betting 6.50, you take away that option from him. I think you could check the turn. Now, on the river, after you bet the flop and the turn, I think the river bet is a little too dangerous:1. It's tough to fold if raised.2. If he has trips with a weaker kicker he'll bet the river costing you nothing value wise.3. You take the bluff away from him. A bluff raise in that situation, with that board, would be so sick. He isn't bluffing, but the problem you now face is that it's unclear if he's raising you with what he "thinks" is the best hand. I would lean towards check-calling the river. It might sound weak, but it's the best play IMO.
Well, my pre-flop raise was a 3BB (1.50) raise. I did love the turn, but after the villain smooth called twice, I wasn't even sure if my flush would be good. Remember, this villain has an AF of 5.5 so he is usually the one doing the raising. So what's he doing calling here? This is what confused me the most in this hand and is mainly why I think my river call was a bad one.
Now, the turn card is AMAZING for you since you have the Ad.
I don't see it that way at all.The villain could have been drawing to diamonds, in which case we need to catch a diamond or boat up to win.The villain could have been ahead on the flop, in which case diamonds do us no good.The villain could have a pocket pair (e.g., TT), in which case the fourth diamond might kill our action.Granted, a player with a hand like Q :club: T :D might suddenly imagine he has diamond outs that aren't actually good. There aren't that many hands like this, though.
At that point, there is little to no risk in slowplaying your hand. Your opponent might even be calling you on the flop to try and take the pot away from you on the turn. By betting 6.50, you take away that option from him. I think you could check the turn. Now, on the river, after you bet the flop and the turn, I think the river bet is a little too dangerous:1. It's tough to fold if raised.2. If he has trips with a weaker kicker he'll bet the river costing you nothing value wise.3. You take the bluff away from him. A bluff raise in that situation, with that board, would be so sick. He isn't bluffing, but the problem you now face is that it's unclear if he's raising you with what he "thinks" is the best hand. I would lean towards check-calling the river. It might sound weak, but it's the best play IMO.
I'm with you on this part.
Unfortunately, the flush got there, the straight got there, every mid pair besides 77 made a fullhouse, as did a couple playable jacks (J9,J8)I don't think the villain will have air here very often, but you'll see people play QJ or JT like he did as well. You're getting 2.7:1, but I don't see anything you beat besides exactly QJ or JT.I probably fold and hate poker.
I should have taken your advice. Villain had J9s, flopping the nuts.