I Know Where Daniel's Secret Location Is! :-)

This guy blew Daniel's cover. He's apparantly a producer for a radio morning show and won $50k at the Bodog.com event down in Puerto Rico. This guy now moves on to face the rest of the 1 table satellite winners in the finale. There are 3 wildcard folks that will be part of the final tourney too. Apparantly Daniel is one of them...http://www.junkiesradio.com/cgi-bin/newssy...141794000,83027,Here's the text:Bret wins $50K in Costa Rica!Posted Wednesday, March 8Believe it or not, our producer Bret Oliverio, aka Meaty Thighs, just won $50,000 in the first round of a Bodog.com $500,000 poker tournament in Costa Rica! The tournament features pro poker stars like David Williams and Josh Arieh as well as celebrities like Shannon Elizabeth from the "American Pie" movies.Bret was selected as he is an avid online player via Bodog.com. By winning his 9-person table today, Bret has a shot to win a half million dollars at the 9-person final table later in the week. Feel free to jock Bret on his myspace page at www.myspace.com/breto42 -- he'll be cised for the props. Here is the email he sent us about his win:I WON THE $50K....took down the gay guy from sex and the city..although hes not a fag in real life....great guy....the grinder went out FIRST...seemed like he wasnt catching cards early and was getting very frustrated...then he starting pushing and was called by better hands.... shannon elizabeth went out second when her aces lost to tens...the other pro jean....good lookin half asain chick.... was very good so i stayed away from her......when there was 3 of us left, jean was going all in stealing blinds....she again went all in on the button, willie folded and i called with A-10....she had J-9 and my hand held up....so there were 2 of us left, i had like 15k more than willie and pushed all in the first hand with A-8, he called with A-Q and he beat me...im down to the nubbins....he had 65k and i had like 15k.....a few hands later i push all in with 2-3 of clubs...he called with A-9....i hit a 3 on the flop and it held up....so its 50-30 him and i doubled up again with A-K vs his Q-10 of hearts....i lost a few pots to him, but i still have a slight lead on him........i have k-8 and limp in...he checks and the flop comes down K, 9, 6....he moves all in and i call...he has 5-6 and my hand holds up and i win...such a show...been takin pictures galore with everyone....everyone is cised.....i cant tell u how much bodog spent on this whole thing...they hired the entire production company who does the WSOP....so it will look exactly like that.....calvin arye is butt nice...everyone couldnt be nicer.....so its onto the final table....there will be 9 players...the 5 who won the 50k, and 3 second chance people and a wildcard who i think is negranue but i could be wrong......the grinder and i were talkin poker for like a hour before we played...hes a super nice guy....he said ivey will make 50-60 million from full tilt....ivey is part owner....he said hes waiting for a deal like that and has turned down all the other endorsements.....hes like the cakes of poker.....great guy.....i gotta roll....tomorrow is the beach trip..no chance my shirt comes off...maybe i will buy some lypo for my love handles with the cash....thanks for rooting for me...bret brunsonAnd here is the press release about the tournament:SAN JOSE, Costa Rica, March 6 -- Bodog.net Founder and CEO Calvin Ayre is out to discover the next poker star -- and he will do it with the help of FSN (Fox Sports Net) plus numerous celebrity players and top poker pros. Mr. Ayre will host the six-episode reality show that will be taped this week at the luxurious Bodog Compound in Costa Rica. The co-host for the "Calvin Ayre Wild Card Poker" show will be the 2003 Miss World Canada and Bodog Music artist, Nazanin. The episodes will air weekly on Saturdays from 11:00 p.m.-1:00 a.m. EST, beginning April 15, 2006. "We are on a mission to find the next poker star and eager to showcase the Play Hard aspects of the Bodog.net lifestyle," says Mr. Ayre, the billionaire gaming tycoon and the face of the lucrative online gambling industry. "Poker and television -- combined with Bodog-style entertainment -- will make for one heck of a show, and our next step into the world of television." The series will detail the journey of 40 individuals -- celebrities, poker professionals and Bodog.net poker players -- who intend to use their card-playing skills to capture the US $500,000 grand prize. Each episode will feature a poker game, with each winner taking US $50,000, and securing a spot at the sixth and final table for a chance to win the half-million-dollar grand prize. The celebrities who will play in the tournament include longtime Bodog.net friend "Boston" Rob Mariano (Survivor), noted celeb players Josh Malina (West Wing) and Willie Garson (Sex in the City), along with music stars Willa Ford and SR-71's Mitch Allen, Ultimate Fighting Champ Chuck "Iceman" Liddell, world-class surfer Jon Rose, and actress/comedian Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm). They will be joined by Hollywood beauties Kelly Hu (Scorpion King), and Michele Merkin (Foody Call) along with Extra correspondent Jon Kelley covering the event as well as playing in the tournament. Bridging the celeb/pro player gap in Costa Rica will be Jennifer Tilley, who recently took home "Favorite Celebrity Player" honors at the Bodog-produced Poker Player of the Year Awards. She will join her boyfriend, Phil Laak, at the tables. Other pros will include the Team Bodog "Rat Pack" of David Williams and Evelyn Ng, plus, Josh Arieh, Jean Gluck, Michael Mizrachi, Lily Mizrachi, Humberto Brenes and Erick Lindgren. Starring alongside the pros and celebrities in the series will be 20 reality-show hopefuls who have won the trip to Mr. Ayre's Costa Rican estate, called the Bodog Compound. "Calvin Ayre Wild Card Poker" will showcase poker games, Costa Rican excursions, Bodog Music artists and the billion-dollar lifestyle of the show's adventurous host.

Well least you didnt blurt out what Daniel meant to be a secret on the general section of his own forum. Cause if you had done that, that would have just been crappy.

If daniel was going to be there wouldn't his name be in the press release next to all the other pros? Plus why would daniel be doing something for bodog when he has his own site and a competition similiar to this?

looks to me like the guy with the blog did it, not the OP.anyway, this isn't that big of a surprise. as soon as i read DN's blog, i thought, "he's probably going to be on some kind of poker-spinned reality TV thing since that's all he ever talks about."

The chance at $500k was probably too strong to turn down...

If daniel was going to be there wouldn't his name be in the press release next to all the other pros? Plus why would daniel be doing something for bodog when he has his own site and a competition similiar to this?

It's not like he's officially endorsing Bodog. He's just trying to pick up a cool $500k. I'm sure he worked out a deal that he could wear his FCP gear and get some TV exposure in exchange for showing up.

I agree. No way he shows up to this after just getting Fcp off the ground.

It makes perfect sense to be secretive about this since he doesnt want to advertise a competing site. Like someone else said, the money is too good to pass up - its up to bodog and the promoters to get it out there - DN isn't going to do that for them. I wouldnt be surprised if this is where he's at. It also makes sense as to why hes not going on the party cruise - I thought that was a little odd when he said he was just tired and needed time to recoup. My thoughts were always NO WAY, he's got something else planned. Besides Druff is gonna take that thing down this year anyway.

It makes perfect sense to be secretive about this since he doesnt want to advertise a competing site. Like someone else said, the money is too good to pass up - its up to bodog and the promoters to get it out there - DN isn't going to do that for them. I wouldnt be surprised if this is where he's at. It also makes sense as to why hes not going on the party cruise - I thought that was a little odd when he said he was just tired and needed time to recoup. My thoughts were always NO WAY, he's got something else planned. Besides Druff is gonna take that thing down this year anyway.
Did he really think no one would ever know?
It's not like he's officially endorsing Bodog. He's just trying to pick up a cool $500k. I'm sure he worked out a deal that he could wear his FCP gear and get some TV exposure in exchange for showing up.
If it were going to on television, what's the point of keeping it a secret?