hi everybody (advice)

I’ve been lurking for a few months now and I decided that I might as well start posting. I started playing No-Limit Hold’em with my friends about one year ago. Of course, I had no idea what I was doing at the time but I won my first game with the fishiest plays. I always had great hands and my draws (gutshots, runner-runner flush draws) always went through. Over time, by tutoring under a good friend, I learned to play the game (very) conservatively (and I was still successful) but I became predictable. Nowadays, it seems as if I play a strong hand (Aces, Ace-King), it’ll get rivered because someone will make a gutshot or two-pair. The reason I joined the board was to re-learn how to play. I want to work on my game so I can not only destroy the weekly games with my friends, but be able to play at a B&M and online. So, naturally, I have a few questions:1) Aside from Super/System and SSHE, is there any other book that is geared towards a new-ish solid player with a small bankroll? (I’ve read Hellmuth’s book, Play Poker Like the Pros, I’m not a big fan though)2) Is SSHE as good as everyone says it is? It seems to be recommended on this board quite a bit.3) What would be the best place to start playing online?4) Are there any sign-up bonuses/rakeback sites that I should know of before I sign up?5) What limits should I start at and what should be my buy-in amount?6) Are there any good websites that deal with bankroll management?Thanks in Advance.

What is this about:?Poker Wisdom: 1) Online Poker is rigged. 2) A hand history of 5 hands is enough for statistical measurement. 3) Hyaku-Shiki is not a donkey. 4) Two Pair beats a Set/Trips. 5) Negreanu is a drunk.

What is this about:?Poker Wisdom: 1) Online Poker is rigged. 2) A hand history of 5 hands is enough for statistical measurement. 3) Hyaku-Shiki is not a donkey. 4) Two Pair beats a Set/Trips. 5) Negreanu is a drunk.
Satire I believe.
Satire I believe.
Oh is that whats that called. It's ok then.
It's called a humorous signature, Tritz. It'll appear at the end of all my posts. Aren't you supposed to be playing way above your bankroll with your magical card reader for school or something?

Wow, there are a lot of thoughts there, each of which could be it's own thread1. Get Ken Warren's Hold 'em. It's pretty well geared for the beginning player.2. SSHE is good for Limit hold 'em you probably won't win if you apply these strategies to No limit games.3. I like UltimateBet, but PokerStars is just as good for a low limit player.4. There are probably a few rakeback deals, but I'm not the one to talk to about that kind of thing. I'm sure someone else could help with that.5. To start, I'd deposit 150 at least, that should give you enough to play .5/.10 NL.6. We've pretty much got most of the information here. If your plan is to build a bankroll, be sure to either write down how each session went or buy a program that does it for you. Pokertracker.com is probably the best program that recognizes what you need to work on.

It's called a humorous signature, Tritz. It'll appear at the end of all my posts. Aren't you supposed to be playing way above your bankroll with your magical card reader for school or something?
Umm, no it's not.
Wow, there are a lot of thoughts there, each of which could be it's own thread1. Get Ken Warren's Hold 'em. It's pretty well geared for the beginning player.2. SSHE is good for Limit hold 'em you probably won't win if you apply these strategies to No limit games.
How much of my game would I have to change if I switch to limit play? I've played a few limit cash games with friends (.25/.50), so I think I should be ok.
3. I like UltimateBet, but PokerStars is just as good for a low limit player.4. There are probably a few rakeback deals, but I'm not the one to talk to about that kind of thing. I'm sure someone else could help with that.5. To start, I'd deposit 150 at least, that should give you enough to play .5/.10 NL.6. We've pretty much got most of the information here. If your plan is to build a bankroll, be sure to either write down how each session went or buy a program that does it for you. Pokertracker.com is probably the best program that recognizes what you need to work on.
Is there anyway to get PT without paying for it? I'm broke. :)Thanks a lot.

Yes...PokerSourceOnlineYou should use it for all your signups... it's a goldmine of free shit!There is a link to it in my signature....Signup, you can PT free... plus after that, keep getting PSO points, use it for Amazon GC's and go shopping! It's the best way to do things.

Yes...PokerSourceOnlineYou should use it for all your signups... it's a goldmine of free shit!There is a link to it in my signature....Signup, you can PT free... plus after that, keep getting PSO points, use it for Amazon GC's and go shopping! It's the best way to do things.
Thank you very much.
Thank you very much.
Not a problem... sometimes the site doesn't explain perfectly how it works, if you have other questions... Just PM me.
4) Are there any sign-up bonuses/rakeback sites that I should know of before I sign up?

look at my signature. if you consider pokershare or Ultimate bet, use my referral. Anyways, if you want rakeback, send me a message. teneight

Umm, no it's not.
You're right, its my pathetic attempt at humor.
This I can accept. Good luck.For NL, I just read Phil Gordon's Little Green Book. Interesting read.Either that or my tv didn't work b/c I had no power due to Hurricane Wilma.You decide.
How many points do you guys get for the reference? :club:
Not a whole lot really, lol.But 250? you crazy boy?And I was here first Petie!Edit: Well you changed it, now I look like a moron!I don't think it's that much though... I think it's 1000 usually. 2k for one or two of the sites.
Not a whole lot really, lol.But 250? you crazy boy?And I was here first Petie!
I gave the first legitimate response to this thread.
But ya left that out, lol. :D
But ya left that out, lol. :D
I know, it's yours, i'm just trying to gank it.... :-) :-)
Stick a Picture of Gus Hansen on your bedroom wall, Thats all the inspiration i need in the morning (sw).
Thanks for your advice. I think my Liebert poster put me on my current bad streak. Gus is prettier anyway.
Nowadays, it seems as if I play a strong hand (Aces, Ace-King), it’ll get rivered because someone will make a gutshot or two-pair. -- Meaning you are probably not playing them strongly enough. Also, if they outdraw you but you charged them a price making it a mistake for them to call, you can't worry about losing the hand because in the long run you are winning, which is why you need solid bankroll management.1) Aside from Super/System and SSHE, is there any other book that is geared towards a new-ish solid player with a small bankroll? (I’ve read Hellmuth’s book, Play Poker Like the Pros, I’m not a big fan though)Experience is a lot better than most of the books you will find, especially dealing with no limit. There just aren't that many great nl cash game books. As far as the micro limits, up to 100 nL, you are perfectly fine reading Phil's books and playing the top 10 hands and basically nut peddling a small bankroll which will have very little risk and good return if you master multi tabling.2) Is SSHE as good as everyone says it is? It seems to be recommended on this board quite a bit.Its great for limit. Better than a lot of weak/tight advice you will find infected on many online forums and many books you will run across.3) What would be the best place to start playing online?A big site with a lot of tables to choose from. You want the flexibility to be able to play many different micro limits and be able to have enough players that you can implement some good table selection, though you really don't need to much at the micro limits. I reccommend stars but in answering your next question, stars won't be one the sites you will want to start out on because of lack of bonuses.4) Are there any sign-up bonuses/rakeback sites that I should know of before I sign up?AS the poster said, def pokersourceonline. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR any site for real money before going here. This site will hook you up. I advise always choosing their points as a bonus because they have a lot in their store and you can get gift certificates to many different places. I would start out with Party Poker, complete the bonus and then take all your money and move on to another site. At the micro limits, it will take you some time to complete some of the sites, but party is the easiest and you will be able to build your roll nicely there as you finish your hands requirements.5) What limits should I start at and what should be my buy-in amount?This all depends on your bankroll. For 50 NL and below, I like to have atleast 15 buyins, and for anything higher I like to have 20 buyins or more. You can break these rules if you play insane nut peddling strategy, you can have fewer buy ins, but it never hurts to be overly cautious with your roll. For example, pokerstars just enabled 8 tabling in the cash games, so I dropped down to 50 NL to get a feel for 8 tabling and essentially I'm able to make the same profits as I did at 100 nL with 1/2 the risk.6) Are there any good websites that deal with bankroll management?A lot of players always try to move up too fast and to take risks. Some of those players will actually make it but a lot will run into a bad run of cards and even playing perfectly will lose their bankroll. I think its better to error on the side of overly cautious because you can still make good profits grinding out a lot of hands at the lower limits.GL AT THE TABLES(oh, if you haven't put in a referral code yet for pokersource, use dbl_j_22 :club: , then I'll def help you with other questions, pm me if you have any others)Thanks in Advance.