Why Only Usa And Canada ?

Good [morning][day][afternoon][evening][night] everyone !I wondered, why is it Daniel's protégé selection tournaments only open to USA/Canada residents ?I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to ask myself this, but I mean, what's so different ?I can understand that there are already too many people trying out in the tournaments, and adding that many players would only create more problems, every time I see one of the free rolls going about, I'm like "Dayum, why didn't I get a shot at that ?". Not that I'd think I'd win, nor would I even come close, but just sometimes, these very few times, I'd love to be able to nearly grasp the joy of feeling I'm going somewhere...I can understand, also, that language could be a problem... A guy could be a great poker player, but if he can't even order a beer without spurting out 2 sentences of German, he wouldn't be any good if Daniel were to give him advice... Or maybe it's because you don't want to unroot people from their native countries, and make them travel for 15000 miles and hope they'll stick around to play some cards ?I also know this isn't the red cross, nor the catholic church, so basically, you aren't obliged to do anything, and I guess you won't, but I just think, it's a shame, a shame for the very few of us, here, somewhere else, anywhere else, who can only watch, and hope their luck (or lack thereof) will help others to accomplish a goal they've never been given a chance to fulfil.Cheers,G'night to you all.

There were no restrictions on who could enter the Protege tournaments.We had a player from Denmark at the first final table and a player from Finland at the second.If you're referring to some of the freerolls that Poker Stars has run that involve a dinner with Daniel they are country specific promotions in many cases that Poker Stars has run.

There were no restrictions on who could enter the Protege tournaments.We had a player from Denmark at the first final table and a player from Finland at the second.
Oh really ? My bad then...
If you're referring to some of the freerolls that Poker Stars has run that involve a dinner with Daniel they are country specific promotions in many cases that Poker Stars has run.
Yeah, that I was. Part of the Bahamas thingy... Those are USA/Canada only... But I guess, like you pointed out, that's PokerStars specific, nothing I can rant about in here.Thanks for the info !Cheers