weird, semi boring poker story from ron mexico

So I went to the Hard Rock with a buddy so we could drink a bunch of beers, play some 2/2 and finish off the night with a SNG. We get stuck at a 1/2 table which I absolutely hate. I can't play less than 3/6 or 4/8 live but here in FL, that is an impossibility unless you are on a boat. Anyway, we play for about 2 1/2 hours until finally I have to go play some real poker. I only lost 20 bucks playing 1/2 which is like winning. Anyway, I sign up for a $140 or $250 SNG, whichever comes first, but I think he only put me down for a $250. That was fine by me b/c SNG levels are 15 minutes and the $250 gives you 2500 in chips whereas the $140 gives you only $1500. I was a little buzzed and hadn't played there in a while. They changed things around a little and they called the names to the table, so essentially, anyone can walk over and sit down and that is exactly what happened. I get there and there isn't a seat, they weren't even drawing for seats. A little annoying and I was a little buzzed. I started to get a little fired up and said they called my name, I signed up, isn't that the system, some guy that was about to sit down, decided to leave. So I take out the money to pay, and I was gonna pay $50 in chips, but that wasn't allowed any longer either. Zeesh. A guy at the table gave me cash for $20 and we were off. By this time, I came off like the drunk amatuer. Little did they know. I'M RON ****ING MEXICO. So anyway, we get into it and the only girl at the table, to my right limps in first in. I was the button, two blinds call. Long story short, her AA lost and she justified it by wanting action. So I knew she'd be easy pickens. Two hands later, I pick up a decent hand folds around, I raise, one called, flop rags, I bet, he folds. I was starting to realize how easy this was gonna be. See, I've haven't played live with my new, aggressive style of play. It was working, and some people were starting to talk at the table, stuff like, "wow, someone got hit in the head with the deck" and this was right after I made a button raise and continuation bet with 32 offsuit. I wanted to show so bad. But I didn't. I only had 1 real hand the whole time and nobody called me preflop. Here's where it gets interesting. Down to 4, I am leader, barely though. EP raised all in to my BB. I have A10. For some reason, I gave him credit for being a player, and figured he was on a steal, I take some time, and call. He flips KK and starts talking some junk about how could I call with that. Flop A 10 J, Nice for me, but gives him 6 outs. Q spikes on the turn, and he wins. He keeps going on about my call. Whatever. No biggie. Next hand I get AJ, guy in EP moves in again, I have him covered, but only by 600. Blinds are 400/800. I call, he flips 99 and I don't improve. Oh well, there goes $250. Next hand, K10, I push, it holds, barely. I triple up Next hand 66 I push, KK guy calls with A9, it holds up. Now I'm sitting pretty again. Three hands later, I push first in vig with 86c, no callers, I flip it over authoritatively. Next hand AQ, I push again, bb with 1700 left after his bb (KK guy again) and he calls of the rest with Q5. I win and send him to the rail. He gets up and says something to me. No, I'm completely humble and mild mannered, but this guy started talking junk saying I was running my mouth, when all I did was half heartedly defend my A10 call. So now I get a little steamed, and tell him, "great call for all your chips with that Q5. Good spot. DONKEY" Then I yelled over to him. Pick up Harrington on Hold Em I and II, might be an essential read for ya big fella. He of course had no idea what they were. Funny thing, they have a bunch of regulars playing in these $250, $500 and $1000 sng's and they seem weak tight. I wish I could get away with playing about 4 of em, money wise. Now I'm fired up. He tells me he'll be waiting for me on the rail when I'm done. I told him, as soon as I'm done using your chips, I'll find you and we can dance. So one of the three remaining guys wants to chop and the other guy agrees. I humbly, and apologetically ask if they mind if we keep playing, b/c I really like the action and this is my only tourney of the day. Nice guy agrees, third place chip guy mumbles and plays on. (btw, I did offer for an even chop and play for $300, he said they won't do that. Oh well) So next hand, I have A9, flop comes all clubs, I push, both players call (oops) and the chip leader that the nuts. Mr Chop is out and I take second, but crippled. As he is leaving, he talks junk to me. Something along the lines of "great job with the chop" I'm just stunned at this point. What the hell did I do wrong besides play aggressive poker and not try to be anyones friend. Next hand I go out and collect my $680 or so, tip the dealer $40 and leave. The winner agreed that they were idiots. We chatted briefly and I cashed out my remaining chips, had some pizza and decided to leave. As I'm leaving, I see the KK guy. I could've ignored him, but I was feeling particularly aggressive today. I waived to him and told him I was heading to me car if he'd like to join me. He waived me over and explained that what happened at the table is nothing personal, blah blah blah. I let him off the hook and drove him. Sorry if this was boring, but I found it amusing and shocking at the same time. And I enjoyed taking 2nd in a $250 SNG. In those, I'm 2 for 3. 1 1st, 1 2nd, 1 4th.Edit: some other guy limps with QQ, lost to the BB with 72. 7 hands checked down to the river. Weak tight all around.

What a donkey.  You call it a new agressive style, but I call it a pure Luck Box in action.  I'd love to get your ass on the table for one of these live SNGs.
luckbox, my ass. I only won a race when I was short. We'll see on Wednesday b1tch.

What surprised me was that when Ron Mexico gets a little drunk, he almost gets in fights. I would have never guessed.but I enjoyed the read, nothing better than making a comeback when the table thinks you don't know what you are doing. You know they will talk about the lucky guy who came in second for weeks.

What surprised me was that when Ron Mexico gets a little drunk, he almost gets in fights. I would have never guessed.but I enjoyed the read, nothing better than making a comeback when the table thinks you don't know what you are doing. You know they will talk about the lucky guy who came in second for weeks.
Hey, I've only been in three fights (besides on the field of play) in my life. One in 6th grade, and one huge one three days before my wedding. And one in a street with a friend and I taking on like 4 guys.I'm a pacifist.
Hey, I've only been in three fights (besides on the field of play) in my life. One in 6th grade, and one huge one three days before my wedding. And one in a street with a friend and I taking on like 4 guys.I'm a pacifist.
Wow three fights in one year.Not my definition of a pacifist.
Great story Ron but where did you drive him?Home, or to the park for a little slap and a tickle?
I re read and caught your humour (extra u for the canadiens)I was gonna drive him into the ground.I wouldn't have fought unless necessary, I just wanted to intimidate him.Not usually my style, but the adrenaline was coursing throught the veins.
Wow three fights in one year.Not my definition of a pacifist.
Re read.You looking to start a fight?You wanna be number 4?hahaha
not a bad story, but I like the parts where you describe how you were drunk and buzzed and then talk about driving homethe A-10 again KK was a bad read, that decision was a lot worse though
I'm extremely curious how long you have been lurking before deciding to make this your first post. Not that it's a bad post...it's just an interesting one to choose.

Man such a weak ending. I was getting pumped to hear about how you started fighting the one guy then the other loser came in and helped then you were dramatically saved by the winner of the tourament. From now on just tell the story with this ending. Poker players are all liers anyways why tell the truth in this situation.