tournament poker skill vs. luck

There has been alot of talk about the percentages of luck and skill needed to be successful, I don't think that luck is needed to win a tourney, as luck is needed to not get eliminated from the tourney. How many of you have had a high pocket pair against 3 lower cards on the flop, then have someone raise your continuation bet which forces you to commit most of your chips and then have them hit a river card to beat you. All the "tells" and knowledge of percentages can help for a while, but none of that can stop the deck from dropping runner, runner on you and knocking you out or crippling your stack. You don't need luck. You NEED to be" Not Unlucky."

There has been alot of talk about the percentages of luck and skill needed to be successful, I don't think that luck is needed to win a tourney, as luck is needed to not get eliminated from the tourney. How many of you have had a high pocket pair against 3 lower cards on the flop, then have someone raise your continuation bet which forces you to commit most of your chips and then have them hit a river card to beat you. All the "tells" and knowledge of percentages can help for a while, but none of that can stop the deck from dropping runner, runner on you and knocking you out or crippling your stack. You don't need luck. You NEED to be" Not Unlucky."
I'll have to agree. If you are poaying poker in hopes of getting lucky a few times (to win) then you're a bad player. If you strive to eliminate luck from the game all togehter and rely on skill, then you're on the right track. Obviously this is not always possible and you will find yourself getting lucky a few times, but it should be unintentional.