daniel: you are one cool customer

If you folks noticed his heart rate during the FSN tourney, it never got that high for that long. Compare that to Phil Gordon and it was rather interesting.Why was his heartrate so low? Maybe cuz the stakes were not "that" high to get too nervous about? Perhaps cuz he is Canadian. Or years and years of poker have made him very calm in all but the biggest of circumstances. Or even he was just too darn tired cuz of them redeye flights. Dunno why for sure, but it was kinda cool to see.

If you folks noticed his heart rate during the FSN tourney, it never got that high for that long. Compare that to Phil Gordon and it was rather interesting.Why was his heartrate so low? Maybe cuz the stakes were not "that" high to get too nervous about? Perhaps cuz he is Canadian. Or years and years of poker have made him very calm in all but the biggest of circumstances. Or even he was just too darn tired cuz of them redeye flights. Dunno why for sure, but it was kinda cool to see.
Its because he is healthy and a vegetarian...no red meat!

noticed that too. i think he just seems to get into the mental aspect of the game more then the emotional. seems like he is honestly just trying to put a guy on a hand and asses his situation. he's not really caught up in the moment. he's just concentrating on the opponent and not letting himself get worked up. it is impressive though.

There's allwyas the possibility that he just didn't give much of a fuck about the tournament.
Vulgar, and sorta what I was saying about the stakes maybe not exciting him, but I think it is the most likely answer.
There's allwyas the possibility that he just didn't give much of a fuck about the tournament.
I highly doubt it, because of the money to the winner, the pressure, and the title. I believe DN is desperate to win anything right now. He needs to win something to get going. Besides if he really didn't care he wouldn't of done as well as he did.
Guest XXEddie
I highly doubt it, because of the money to the winner, the pressure, and the title. I believe DN is desperate to win anything right now. He needs to win something to get going. Besides if he really didn't care he wouldn't of done as well as he did.
Daniel doesnt care about the money or the pressure, e wanted the win

Trust me on this....Daniel really cared......These pros have massive egos....and they wouldn't be able to stand losing to a field made up exclusively of their peers.Besides....the 250k 1st prize would have paid for his horrible WSOP and then some.....

If you watched the Showdown in the Sands from Dec. 2003 you'd see that even then my heart ready was very steady. I think there are several reasons:1) I don't mess with caffeine.2) I don't eat anything with a mother.3) I have good control of my emotions. As far as me caring... oh I cared. I honestly feel like I played awesome. Unfortunately if you watch it again you will see an amazing run of absolute garbage cards. Then when I did have a good hand I lost. I won precisely zero showdowns during the entire final table. In fact, you'd be amazed if you watch it an notice that I won precisely "zero" real pots. It was so bizarre.

fair enough!yeah there'd be no reason not to care... if you can't get up for a live televised showdown with some of the best players in the world for hundreds of thousands of dollars in the poker room you're the ambassador for, then why play? no one should doubt he caredgood showing DN, and great television... and yeah that run of cards especially early on was ridiculous... what was it three full rounds before u saw a flop?

If you watched the Showdown in the Sands from Dec. 2003 you'd see that even then my heart ready was very steady. I think there are several reasons:1) I don't mess with caffeine.2) I don't eat anything with a mother.3) I have good control of my emotions. As far as me caring... oh I cared. I honestly feel like I played awesome. Unfortunately if you watch it again you will see an amazing run of absolute garbage cards. Then when I did have a good hand I lost. I won precisely zero showdowns during the entire final table. In fact, you'd be amazed if you watch it an notice that I won precisely "zero" real pots. It was so bizarre.
Oh, I noticed that, but I was just trying to figure out your low heartrate. And while you did a run of absolute crap hands and then when you got your K/K you were beat, I still found it insanely interesting to watch. Maybe it is just me, but I think there could be a market for live tournies like this.Using the live cameras to tell Lori you couldn't answer was funny, and seeing the pros play every hand gave the whole event a different vibe along with it being live, it was possible to follow the flow and groove of the event.Question though: What did you (or anyone else for that matter) think of Ted Forrest checking his pocket Aces in his hand against you? Good play, too careful...?

Definately noticed the bad run of cards... Anyway's I'm glad to see the fcp pull through and get you to that heads up match. Oh i'm sure non fcp members contributed, but I rather not acknowledge that and think we did it all.Anyway don't leave out the fact that some people just have a naturally lower heart rate as well. It was foolish for them to put 78 as regular (or whatever it was), because some people's regular heartbeat could be above or below that as well.

Definately noticed the bad run of cards...  Anyway's I'm glad to see the fcp pull through and get you to that heads up match.  Oh i'm sure non fcp members contributed, but I rather not acknowledge that and think we did it all.
So this goes to show that FCP is more powerful than FSN. Annie was asking for the match while doing her hour of commentary, and made a run, but in the end FCP prevailed. Hu-ha!

I couldn't believe how high the heart rates were. They were getting as high as some of the cyclist in the TDF and as high as mine at 80% capacity (I can't imagine sitting still and having it that high, I'd think I was having a heart attack). I found it a glaring insight to the unhealthiness of sitting at a table all day everyday and not getting the proper amount of exercise outside of that.BTW, great job Daniel. I still don't know how you got away from losing a lot of chips with A6X66 board

2) I don't eat anything with a mother.
:club: Are you ignoring the question about Ted's play with the AA or just didnt' see it? That was interesting to say the least.
Theres always the possibility that you may say something correct today...it's just doubtful.Evidence the fact that he won the heads up match for 1/5th the money! :think:
definitely a bad run of cards, you also looked beat. think I heard something about several flights etc etc.