hockey's back. anyone care?

sure sure, off-topic but i'm canadian so this is THE topic of the day, plus i'm from calgary and a huge flames fan and comin off the highs and lows of the playoffs 2 years ago. heard the news today and was pleased, but not overjoyed like i though i would be. lookin through the articles seein who's a free agent, i had to try and pump myself up about the free-agent insanity that is forethcoming. i'm sure when the season gets goin, i'll be right back into it, but right now, i'm tryin but just not findin the love. maybe if the flames get crosby........thoughts?

lol any canadians? or at least people who loved hockey before this? i mean i know its not hard for people from new york and chicago to hate hockey, what with the state of the hawks and rangers.

Didn't miss it while it was gone. If Bertuzzi doesn't get reinstated I will never watch another NHL game. And I don't want to hear from the people who disagree with me. I don't care what you think.

I'm a sorta fan....sorta in that I'll watch almost any sport at times. I hear they are trying to add 4 teams to the playoffs?!?!?!?!?! Doesn't almost everyone make it already? Over half the teams make the playoffs and they wanna add more teams. That's dumb.

Right now 16 teams advance to the playoffs. it has been this way ever since there was 21 teams in the league. Of the original 6 4 made the playoffs and the league has ALWAYS until recent years advanced 2/3rds of the teams to the playoffs so it is really jus ta return to roots. Helps the bubble teams we have now (calgary edmonton) make playoff money. It is definetly a bullshit way to get extra money for the bubble teams. The day that a sub .500 team makes the playoffs is a sad day indeed.

Guest XXEddie
Didn't miss it while it was gone. If Bertuzzi doesn't get reinstated I will never watch another NHL game. And I don't want to hear from the people who disagree with me. I don't care what you think.
Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL for life. He ended a player's career, and nearly his life. And what does he get for that??? A harsh sentence of 80 hours of community service. And you dont wanna hear this because you know its true. You have nothing to back up that statement. It truley is a shame that a well talented player with a lot of potential had to drop so fucking low to the point of nearly ending a life, but he should never be allowed to play in the NHL ever again,
Guest XXEddie
Right now 16 teams advance to the playoffs. it has been this way ever since there was 21 teams in the league. Of the original 6 4 made the playoffs and the league has ALWAYS until recent years advanced 2/3rds of the teams to the playoffs so it is really jus ta return to roots. Helps the bubble teams we have now (calgary edmonton) make playoff money. It is definetly a censored way to get extra money for the bubble teams. The day that a sub .500 team makes the playoffs is a sad day indeed.
I take it you dont like the NBA
Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL for life. He ended a player's career, and nearly his life. And what does he get for that??? A harsh sentence of 80 hours of community service. And you dont wanna hear this because you know its true. You have nothing to back up that statement. It truley is a shame that a well talented player with a lot of potential had to drop so censored low to the point of nearly ending a life, but he should never be allowed to play in the NHL ever again,
exactly, eddie. i also find it funny that if one barely better-than-average player isnt allowed to return to the ice (or end someone else's career) you say you will not watch hockey.good. us hockey fans dont want a person like you watching. the announcement was made and now it has to be ratified (voted on) and i know a couple NHLers, wade redden, bryce salvador and a few others, and they said it will be accepted.i cant wait for 3 more months when hockey is back on. my only wish is that crosby goes to detroit... and hope to hell its not toronto.
Guest XXEddie

exactly, eddie. i also find it funny that if one barely better-than-average player isnt allowed to return to the ice (or end someone else's career) you say you will not watch hockeyi never said that.Itll be a bunch of bullshit if Bertuzzi is allowed to play, but that doesnt mean I wont watch.

Bertuzzi should be banned from the NHL for life. He ended a player's career, and nearly his life. And what does he get for that??? A harsh sentence of 80 hours of community service. And you dont wanna hear this because you know its true. You have nothing to back up that statement. It truley is a shame that a well talented player with a lot of potential had to drop so censored low to the point of nearly ending a life, but he should never be allowed to play in the NHL ever again,
I really want to debate this but I get the feeling it would be a waste of my time as neither of us is going to readily change our minds. I won't disagree that the sentance of 80 community service hours is bullshit in context. I don't think there should have ever been a criminal case to begin with. It was a much different situation then when Brash took the chop to the head. I am not going to say it wasn't a dirty hit because it was but you are being to results oriented. famous 2+2 logic. He hits him from behind 100 times and the other 99 times he isn't seriously injured he gets up and skates away(unlikely) or fights him(Much more likely) it was an unfortunate RESULT and he payed his time, fines and soon to be millions in a civil case. Give the guy a break already. I can say with 100% certainty that Todd didn't skate up behind him thinking 'I think I am going to break this guys neck"
exactly, eddie. i also find it funny that if one barely better-than-average player isnt allowed to return to the ice (or end someone else's career) you say you will not watch hockeyi never said that.Itll be a bunch of bullshit if Bertuzzi is allowed to play, but that doesnt mean I wont watch.
I think he meant me. I have more interest in this then most people. And I feel no reason to explain to anyone why I think it would be an extreme injustice to not allow Todd to play again.

I am a HUGE hockey and have been all my life. That being said, I will not directly support the NHL again until it makes some serious reparations to the fans. The busisness was not particularly friendly toward, and in fact took advantage of them as much as they would allow it to. Rolling back ticket prices and curbing the attutides of some of these overpaid prima donnas would be a start. I was not particularly happy with the NHL or the PA as a whole before the lockout and I am absolutely disgusted since.The furthest I will be going toward supporting the NHL anytime in the near future is by sitting in my seasons ticket to the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL. For the price the game they put on can't be beat (compare $20/seat to see young future NHL pros vs. $150-$400+ to see the Maple Leafs) and these guys actually give me the impression that they want to play.I hope the NHL withers and dies, especially Jeremy Roenick. I know this isn't likely to happen but I definately don't feel like the NHL provides anything I'm willing to pay for and my personal exceptions to their business practices and particular player attitudes makes me even less willing to support it.The recent lockout has left a very sour taste in my mouth and it is going to take a lot to wash my palatte clean.

I absolutely positively could not care ANY LESS about hockey!!!
I think you just negated yourself and you actually not not care about hockey. I challenge this statement. I'll be back when I check the instant replay.

I come from a land where you are lucky if one out of 10 people know what hockey is! Not only do I love the game, and playing the sub hockey known as roller hockey, as a Phoenix Coyotes fan, I have been awaiting this day forever! We get to see Bret Hull in a Number 9 jersey, a hall of famer Petr Nedved, but at last the legendary Wayne Gretzky coach the team! I am pumped up for hockey!Ford