Obama Declares War On Syria

... but says clearly there will be no boots on the ground.

It will be drone and cruise missile attacks at our leisure, maybe now, maybe next week, whenever we feel like it.

The book on "How To Properly Dismantle A Shitty Regime In The 21st Century" is about to be written.

He will go down as a great president.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd actually also prefer you use your words since I can't watch the videos.     Edit: But I think actually linking the videos is good as a source.

The greatest thing to come from this whole mess was Obama stopping the snowball of expanding discretionary executive powers on matters that should go through congress. He could've done this alone but

Yeah enjoyable post to read but **** Chicago and the Chicago way.

cliffs on why (we're going to bomb them)?

Assad is using chemical weapons to gas the 'resistance', aka, 'the people'.

Just to be clear, I utterly do not ****ing care what happens over there, he could kill them all and I still wouldn't care enough to risk American lives to go settle someone elses problem but objectively, it is legitimately a crappy situation

Innocent civilians being gassed and killed by chemical weapons. They're (The Assad Regime) just bombing the shit out of Syrian neighborhoods and areas known to be 'sympathetic to the rebels' with chemical filled rockets. It's bad... but, I don't want my neighbors son going over there to die on their behalf.

I support exactly what he's doing; the inaguaral launch of the new iWar bombing app.

So now, instead of having our sons go die for stone-age shitheads, we instead play 21st Century Drone Whack-A-Mole against the regime infastructure and allow the resistance to go handle their business with a more level playing field.

This, I can support.

The moment he starts sending over 'small groups of military advisors', then you know we've started rolling down the slippery slope

• Like 1

The whole appeal of war and the military for me is that it's a jobs program for psychos with poor parents and unremarkable 40 times. If the infantry is cut out of the equation, we are basically left with jobs that require the same finesse and computer skills as a normal, nonviolent civil servant. If our dumbest, poorest and craziest children don't have a federally funded desert to die in, where will we put them all? If it weren't for Obama and his drones, Treyvon Martin would still be alive today.

• Like 1

It would create a virtuous cycle.

The overflow of rabble would cause an increase in crime which would increase the demand for police officers and jailers, which are essentially the only professions- aside from military- that they can work in. Eventually, it would hit a perfect equallibrium of retards commiting crimes, being arrested by other retards and ultimately, imprisoned by retards- basically where we're at now, but with an increase in the peak to peak amplitude on whatever scale measures the annoyances idiots cause society.

• Like 1

Assad is using chemical weapons to gas the 'resistance', aka, 'the people'.

Just to be clear, I utterly do not ****ing care what happens over there, he could kill them all and I still wouldn't care enough to risk American lives to go settle someone elses problem but objectively, it is legitimately a crappy situation

Innocent civilians being gassed and killed by chemical weapons. They're (The Assad Regime) just bombing the shit out of Syrian neighborhoods and areas known to be 'sympathetic to the rebels' with chemical filled rockets. It's bad... but, I don't want my neighbors son going over there to die on their behalf.

I support exactly what he's doing; the inaguaral launch of the new iWar bombing app.

So now, instead of having our sons go die for stone-age shitheads, we instead play 21st Century Drone Whack-A-Mole against the regime infastructure and allow the resistance to go handle their business with a more level playing field.

This, I can support.

The moment he starts sending over 'small groups of military advisors', then you know we've started rolling down the slippery slope

Perfect. He kept his word on Libya so I'm going to trust him for now.

... but says clearly there will be no boots on the ground.

It will be drone and cruise missile attacks at our leisure, maybe now, maybe next week, whenever we feel like it.

The book on "How To Properly Dismantle A Shitty Regime In The 21st Century" is about to be written.

He will go down as a great president.

For who?

Of Course we don't want another Egypt!

Syria rebels 'beheaded a Christian and fed him to the dogs' as fears grow over Islamist atrocities

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255103/Syria-rebels-beheaded-Christian-fed-grows-fears-grow-Islamist-atrocities.html

SHOCKING Graphic Video Surfaces of Execution of Truck Drivers for Non-Muslim Ties - See

http://freepatriot.org/2013/08/27/shocking-graphic-video-surfaces-alleging-execution-truck-drivers-non-muslim-ties/

WARNING GRAPHIC VIDEO - Syrian Jihadists behead Catholic priest

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ead_1372329728

To preface, I am not going to watch any of those videos. The descriptions suffice and while I have an iron stomach for gore, whenever I see really bad videos of atrocities, it just seems to permanently imprint something on my brain that takes away a little bit of happiness that you never get back. I believe it. Horrible, horrible atrocities have been and are being committed. Syrians, like the rest of the people from that region excluding Israel, are fundamentally savages and will commit standard, expected acts of savagery. No surprise here.

The people from the civilized world who venture into these regions on their own volition should understand the risk they're taking. The nine trips to Egypt may have been fine. The tenth may not turn out so well... I don't want to say 'who cares' about a bunch of Mohammedan monkeys beheading a priest- that is evil- but it's also part and parcel of trying to civilize the natives in these lands and has been going on as long as Christian Missions have. I say **** them, leave the heathens to their camels. Others want to go 'help'. Have a ball... send me a postcard 'cause I ain't going.

As far as what these 'atrocities' mean to the overall conflict, we can just accept that horrible shit happens in war (because it most certainly does) or do we seek reprisals and go **** it ALL up in the name of Tito Minniti?

Beware, partisans with agendas bearing hysterical pretexts...

The fact is, there is nothing these people can do to threaten us, other than to troll us. That's what 9/11 was. The worlds most spectacular troll job. They cannot storm our borders, they don't threaten to take over Europe, they're irrelevant to the global economy save for oil, but the raghead risk premium is already baked into oil over $100 and dey ain't 'da only ones who gots it. They're just ****ing turds whose only 'threat' is their ability to be temporarily obnoxious.

The only 20th century tactic we should bring with us into the 21st century is indiscriminate, en-masse bombings.

From time to time, absolute destruction is needed. Everything else from this point forward should be forgetting how we fought wars in the past and just troll them back with our superior technologies; missiles and drones, whacking every single thing that remotely resembles anything or anyone that may annoy us down the line.

I cannot even imagine what kind of hell on earth it would be to have the skies filled with drones and at any time, you and/or everything around you may just suddenly explode. You are not safe inside, you are not safe outside. Your families aren't safe, your children aren't safe... It's just a matter of time before the one with your name on it comes-a-knockin'.

That's how you fight these miserable faggots.

In the 21st Century, we needn't fight savages on their own terms with more savagery.

We can fight them with amusing indifference to the henious plight of our evil robots flying in their skies blowing them up at will... while we sit at Starbucks on our laptops, eating biscotti and checking our TD Ameritrade accounts.... and as they foam with range in their mud huts and vow revenge, we just keep detonating their buildings and people for sport. Hell, make it an incentivized contest among the drone pilots to see who can blow up the most moving cars.

First prize, new Cadillac.

Second prize, set of steak knives.

Third prize, you're fired.

• Like 1

To preface, I am not going to watch any of those videos. The descriptions suffice and while I have an iron stomach for gore, whenever I see really bad videos of atrocities, it just seems to permanently imprint something on my brain that takes away a little bit of happiness that you never get back. I believe it. Horrible, horrible atrocities have been and are being committed. Syrians, like the rest of the people from that region excluding Israel, are fundamentally savages and will commit standard, expected acts of savagery. No surprise here.

The people from the civilized world who venture into these regions on their own volition should understand the risk they're taking. The nine trips to Egypt may have been fine. The tenth may not turn out so well... I don't want to say 'who cares' about a bunch of Mohammedan monkeys beheading a priest- that is evil- but it's also part and parcel of trying to civilize the natives in these lands and has been going on as long as Christian Missions have. I say **** them, leave the heathens to their camels. Others want to go 'help'. Have a ball... send me a postcard 'cause I ain't going.

As far as what these 'atrocities' mean to the overall conflict, we can just accept that horrible shit happens in war (because it most certainly does) or do we seek reprisals and go **** it ALL up in the name of Tito Minniti?

Beware, partisans with agendas bearing hysterical pretexts...

The fact is, there is nothing these people can do to threaten us, other than to troll us. That's what 9/11 was. The worlds most spectacular troll job. They cannot storm our borders, they don't threaten to take over Europe, they're irrelevant to the global economy save for oil, but the raghead risk premium is already baked into oil over $100 and dey ain't 'da only ones who gots it. They're just ****ing turds whose only 'threat' is their ability to be temporarily obnoxious.

The only 20th century tactic we should bring with us into the 21st century is indiscriminate, en-masse bombings.

From time to time, absolute destruction is needed. Everything else from this point forward should be forgetting how we fought wars in the past and just troll them back with our superior technologies; missiles and drones, whacking every single thing that remotely resembles anything or anyone that may annoy us down the line.

I cannot even imagine what kind of hell on earth it would be to have the skies filled with drones and at any time, you and/or everything around you may just suddenly explode. You are not safe inside, you are not safe outside. Your families aren't safe, your children aren't safe... It's just a matter of time before the one with your name on it comes-a-knockin'.

That's how you fight these miserable faggots.

In the 21st Century, we needn't fight savages on their own terms with more savagery.

We can fight them with amusing indifference to the henious plight of our evil robots flying in their skies blowing them up at will... while we sit at Starbucks on our laptops, eating biscotti and checking our TD Ameritrade accounts.... and as they foam with range in their mud huts and vow revenge, we just keep detonating their buildings and people for sport. Hell, make it an incentivized contest among the drone pilots to see who can blow up the most moving cars.

First prize, new Cadillac.

Second prize, set of steak knives.

Third prize, you're fired.

No agendas here. Posting of videos was just a way of saying there is a lot of moving parts here, mainly the nut cases from the outside hijacking the revolution. It has also been established that these nut cases have sarin gas.,

http://www.turkishweekly.net/news/151261/russia-asks-turkey-for-info-on-sarin-terrorists.html

I totally agree with you on getting back to the old days of balls to wall on military engagements.

As far as developing our energy I agree with you statement "full steam ahead". Besides becoming energy independent, imagine what it would do to the economy. Imagine all the states that could have a economy like North Dakota where people working at McDonald's are making 16.00 a hour. It is time for the President to pull off the shackles.

No agendas here. Posting of videos was just a way of saying there is a lot of moving parts here, mainly the nut cases from the outside hijacking the revolution. It has also been established that these nut cases have sarin gas.,

http://www.turkishwe...terrorists.html

I totally agree with you on getting back to the old days of balls to wall on military engagements.

As far as developing our energy I agree with you statement "full steam ahead". Besides becoming energy independent, imagine what it would do to the economy. Imagine all the states that could have a economy like North Dakota where people working at McDonald's are making 16.00 a hour. It is time for the President to pull off the shackles.

Developing energy resources where it makes sense is important but please don't think that just because a State with a really tiny population ( more people live within 5 miles of me than in all of North Dakota ) is having an energy boom that means that places where people actually live will have booming economies from drilling.

Developing energy resources where it makes sense is important but please don't think that just because a State with a really tiny population ( more people live within 5 miles of me than in all of North Dakota ) is having an energy boom that means that places where people actually live will have booming economies from drilling.

If we went "full steam ahead" in ten years we would be totally or near totally energy independent. I think that would create booming economies around the country and substantial growth overall. On the other hand, any economic growth would seem like a boom compared to what we have today.

Perfect. He kept his word on Libya so I'm going to trust him for now.

Brilliant job in Libya, really solved the problem. Yes, we are so loved in Egypt.

Hillary on Qaddafi: “We came, we saw, he died

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBGVgg3SleU

Special report: We all thought Libya had moved on – it has, but into lawlessness and ruin

Libya has plunged unnoticed into its worst political and economic crisis since the defeat

of Gaddafi

http://www.independe...ught-libya-had-moved-on--it-has-but-into-lawlessness-and-ruin-8797041.html

Chris Matthews: Dems Must Support War to 'Save President's Hide'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/09/04/Matthews-Democrats-Must-Support-War-to-Save-Presidents-Hide

Lol at pretending there were good times ever in Libya. Not that anything you posted contradicted my statement. Shit is going to suck real bad in Syria no matter what path we choose. That'll be Obama's fault too I'm sure.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/08/war_mongers_are_appalling_narcissists/

Replace the word narcissist with sociopath and that fairly accurately summarizes what I think about the Syrian situation. If we actually had proof that they used chemical weapons then the moral response would be to send in a military team to arrest Assad and try him for crimes against humanity. Indiscriminate bombing would solve nothing and is yet another indicator that we have become the evil empire, composed of far too many influential sociopaths.

Lol at pretending there were good times ever in Libya. Not that anything you posted contradicted my statement. Shit is going to suck real bad in Syria no matter what path we choose. That'll be Obama's fault too I'm sure.

Lol at trying to put words in my mouth. Never said life was was wonderful for people in those countries. Living in Libya under Gaddafi was like being in a Volkswagen between two SUV's that rear end, now living in Libya is like being in a Volkswagen between two Semi's that rear end.

Fine you want to own the statement or opinion on Libya action as being "PERFECT" so be it. A action that had no end game and left Libya destabilized.

How could I blame Obama. Red Line not mine. Credibility that on the world LOL. Seriously, if go in and destabilize Syria he owns it and it is on Kerry and him.

If he goes in and destabilize Syria are you ready for 75,000 boots on the ground to secure the chemicals. That report was given to him last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2411885/Syrias-chemical-weapons-Pentagon-knew-2012-75-000-ground-troops-secure-facilities.html

I just agree with scram that indiscriminate bombing sends the message we want. We wanted Ghaddafi out, he's out. Libya still sucks but nation building is a bad idea. It's going to be up to them to build a country; we are just keeping the maniacs on their toes.

Obama didn't destabilize Libya. It's never been stable. Statements like that are just complete Obama hating nonsense.

This whole situation just sucks. The Assad regime has, and apparently has no qualms using, chemical weapons. That makes me want to support the rebels. The rebels are made up in large part by religious extremists, many of whom have ties to Al Qaeda. That makes me want to support the current regime.

Look, you can't let people launch Sarin rockets, even at their own people. Even if you just stomp your feel and shake your fists (and it is my intuition this is all the administration is really doing for now), you can't afford to let the issue go. I don't envy the position the administration's in. I have no idea what to do. Even if the military just blows up a few military assets, that is a de facto act of support for the rebels. Yeesh.

Well said, nick. Obama is going to eat crap from the left and the newly/conveniently anti war right either way.

I think we should re-consider black ops assassinations. No bombing, no collateral damage: you use chemical weapons and some delta punches a hole in your brain from a mile away. I don't know. Not a ton of good options.