2008-2009 Nfl Season

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new cowboys stadium is going to be pretty awesome.Two largest HD screens in the world 160ft x 70ftStadium websiteI know this is old news, but the football season is almost starting and they will be in this stadium one year from now. It will be awesome.

I am bored to tears at work today so I am going to throw some early predictions out there. I have had a ton of success with chalk recently as I picked all four #1 seeds to go to the Final Four and I had Celtics/Lakers in the NBA Finals. But the NFL always always always has a few surprise teams and a few dud teams who disappoint.....so I dont think that will work here.AFC Playoff teams:Pats, Colts, Chargers, Browns, Texans, Broncos. (in seeded order)Clearly, I am going against the Jags and Steelers. I think Pittsburgh's defense has too many holes and the AFC North will be decent in general. I think the Browns make the leap. I also think Houston takes the Jags spot. Everyone seems too high on the Jags to me....they still dont have proven WRs/pass rushers. I like Houston to break through with Schaub to A. Johnson becoming a highlight staple.I would have picked Jags over Broncos....but Denver gets 4 games against KC/Oakland which will make the difference.Pats/Colts/Chargers are no brainers.NFC Playoff teams:Cowboys, Vikings, Saints, Seahawks, Giants, Panthers. (in order)Wow the NFC is WIDE open. The Giants could do anything post superbowl but I think Eli has finally hit his stride. They at least get a wild card. Otherwise, lots of playoff turnover. I see the Packers falling off big. I see the Bucs being a one year fluke. I am completely unsold on Seattle and wanted desperately to put Arizona there....but the Cardinals are a tease EVERY year. I am guessing Seattle wins the division at 9-7 or even 8-8. Gross. I like Minnesota to make the leap....I think Tavarris Jackson will be just good enough to take advantage of AP and a great D. I also think New Orleans bounces back with a vengeance.Oddly, Dallas is the only team I consider a sure thing on that list of six. NFC is turning into the football's version of the National League. They are clearly the far inferior league and yet they can be very very frisky in the Super Bowl. Sports are funny.Playoffs:I like for NE and Indy to have the byes in the AFC. Standard. Dallas and Minnesota get them in the NFC (though Minnesota earns it with a paltry 10-6 record and wins a tie-breaker with the Saints).So lets go with:Wild Card:Chargers over BroncosTexans upset BrownsGiants over SeattleSaints over PanthersDivisionalPats over TexansColts over ChargersDallas over NYGSaints over VikesConf. ChampionshipsPats over ColtsDallas over SaintsSuper BowlPats over CowboysI know it is hilariously early to be talking about this stuff and injuries will change my opinions greatly over the next two months. But it is fun to start talking about.....I love me some NFL.

Pats over CowboysSounds good to me !
I loathe loathe loathe the Patriots. But I think they will be on a mission this year.....less focus on running up the score....more focus on destroying teams early and resting players so they are completely ready for the postseason.
I'd drop the Panthers and put the Eagles in, NFC East is clearly the best division in the conference.
I agree 100% about the NFC East....but it is very very unlikely that any division produces three playoff teams two years in a row. Not that it cant happen but the law of averages (and the fact the NFC East teams will beat each other up) is what convinced me to throw Carolina in there.It was a close call....although I might have put in Washington over Philly.
I agree 100% about the NFC East....but it is very very unlikely that any division produces three playoff teams two years in a row. Not that it cant happen but the law of averages (and the fact the NFC East teams will beat each other up) is what convinced me to throw Carolina in there.It was a close call....although I might have put in Washington over Philly.
You might be right about the East beating itself up.I get the feeling Philly has a bounce back year. The NFC north and west will likely be the two worst divisions in football and the South really only has NO and Carolina. If you put the best 8 NFC teams up the entire NFC East is in that 8, so how many make the top 6 will be interesting.

The Minnesota Vikings will win 11 games this year. (at least, I hope they do. Shouldn't be a problem in the North.)

Favre will be back.
You really think so?I hope not... I think it would be a mistake.
I'll agree with AFD on this one. Favre has dug his own grave with this Michael Jordan syndrome he has. People don't like that. Either stay or go, don't jerk us around or we'll stop caring. If he came back and said this is it, I'm retiring no matter what on 3/1/10 then he would be in much better shape with the fans. They need to know for sure who will be back in the pocket, not to be constantly screwed with.
  • 2 weeks later...

AFC Div Winners. Indi, NE, CLE, SDAFC Wild Cards. Jax, CinnciDiv Winners for obvious reasons. Wild cards, dont need to explain the Jags but I think this years suprise team in the AFC will end up being Cinnci. Even with all of this drama. Rudi will be healthy and their D played extremely well the last half of the season compared to the first half. I can see them slipping in over my Steelers this year for some reason. Us losing some key Oline is going to be brutal this year I think.NFC Div Winners. Sea, Min, NO, DalNFC Wild Cards. Phi, NYGDiv Winners are pretty standard even though I have a feeling somebody will challenge Sea this year for the div crown. Wild cards, I was honestly considering leaving out one of these two for Carolina. Sadly it was NYG. I see their D being very good still but I got a feeling that offense is about to fall a part down the stretch of the regular season this year.AFC Wild Card Playoffs. Indi > Jax, Cinnci > CLENFC Wild Card Playoffs. Phi > Sea, Min > NYGAFC I Forget the Name of This Round Playoffs. NE > Cinnci, SD > IndiNFC I Forget the Name of This Round Playoffs. Dal > Phi, Min > NOAFC Conference Championship. SD > NENFC Conference Championship. Dal > MinSuper Bowl. SD > Dal.Just got a feeling its time SD breaks through the AFC.