Popularity Of "birddogging" A Mtt Opponent?

I have a hometown acquaintence who is a friend of Dutch Boyd and claims was paid by Boyd to look for tells on Daniel Negreanu, Joe Hachem, etc. And that these tells were utilized in Boyd's event 5 bracelet win. My question is if this is a commonly normal practice? While you're focused on your table, having someone watch potential final tablists at other tables like a hawk? Is this known and understood by long-standing pro's to be part of one's tactics?

This was by far the most helpfull post I've read in a long time.Kudos.
I think your post is more helpful at least for me. :club:
I have a hometown acquaintence who is a friend of Dutch Boyd and claims was paid by Boyd to look for tells on Daniel Negreanu, Joe Hachem, etc. And that these tells were utilized in Boyd's event 5 bracelet win. My question is if this is a commonly normal practice? While you're focused on your table, having someone watch potential final tablists at other tables like a hawk? Is this known and understood by long-standing pro's to be part of one's tactics?
I'm sure it is going on, and will go on more in the future. There's too much money involved not to take every possible advantage. It's the same as scouting in any other sport that involves strategy, and exploits tendencies, like football. If you read Paul Phillips blog, he talks about a situation in the horse tournament where a player laid down in a easy call situation. Blog EntryI would be more concerned if something like that is happening. I haven't seen pictures of how close the rail was in that event, or any other, but the players need space.