Hellmuth Makes Me Lol

Hellmuth Loses OneWith a board showing Q543A Phil Hellmuth bets $100 into the $300 pot. His opponent raises to $300 and Hellmuth makes the call. His opponent shows A-K and Hellmuth mucks and says "I got raised on the river there? Buddy, I have two words: Yum, Yum." *************Fresh from Cardplayer.comI'm at work right now and I just spit coffee all over my computer screen after reading this. My co-workers just scoffed and gave me a dirty look.

Hellmuth Loses OneWith a board showing Q543A Phil Hellmuth bets $100 into the $300 pot. His opponent raises to $300 and Hellmuth makes the call. His opponent shows A-K and Hellmuth mucks and says "I got raised on the river there? Buddy, I have two words: Yum, Yum." *************Fresh from Cardplayer.comI'm at work right now and I just spit coffee all over my computer screen after reading this. My co-workers just scoffed and gave me a dirty look.
It does seem to be a bit of a wierd value raise...just one pair with a four straight on the board...

Hellmuth annoys the **** out of me...i dont care whats on i turn it when i see his faceso ****ing stupidnot one thing in the world annoys me more than hellmuth, just a flat out assclown[/endrant]

I enjoy how he laughs at his river raise even though hellmuth called it with a worse hand
I enjoy how he laughs at his river raise even though hellmuth called it with a worse hand
i'm assuming he thought it was a wa/wb thing. gettin 7-2 he called, but he's a better player than us so who knows what he was thinking

All he's doing is looking the guy up, for future play....omg...give me a feakn break people. and he only acts like an erogant *** hole to give you something to talk about. From a business perspective its brilliant, even bad press is good press.Later

Hellmuth Loses OneWith a board showing Q543A Phil Hellmuth bets $100 into the $300 pot. His opponent raises to $300 and Hellmuth makes the call. His opponent shows A-K and Hellmuth mucks and says "I got raised on the river there? Buddy, I have two words: Yum, Yum."
And this is exactly why I hope I'm never at Helmuth's table.....

I think that play with AK is pretty strong.1/3 pot bet looks like a blocker bet by hellmuth.I'm pretty sure Ak raised coming in and Hellmuth is very unlikely to call with a deuce in that position.If Hellmuth comes over the top you know he has the nuts. I think even with 2 pair hes just calling, and knowing Hellmuth, maybe even with a set.

I think that play with AK is pretty strong.1/3 pot bet looks like a blocker bet by hellmuth.I'm pretty sure Ak raised coming in and Hellmuth is very unlikely to call with a deuce in that position.If Hellmuth comes over the top you know he has the nuts. I think even with 2 pair hes just calling, and knowing Hellmuth, maybe even with a set.
lots of thought, good way to view the hand, i tend to agree, without knowing how the whole hand went down, its prolly easy to assume to that it was either checked down or one bet on the flop.