Hellmuth Best Hold'em Player Alive!

Thu Jul 20 20:35:00 PDT 2006 Hellmuth Proclaims Himself Best Hold Em' Player Alive After getting bullied out of four pots, Phil Hellmuth pulled a Card Player reporter aside and told him, "I'm the best Texas Hold-Em player alive." He then looked over to David Shallow and says, "I let him rob me again because I'll get him in ten minutes." He then declared war on the rest of the table..... :club: Hahaha! :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'd really want to see that on TV. "I declare war on you, beeetch!"
If you've ever seen hellmuth in a televised event, you've probably seen it already.

Once again Phil "I can dodge bullets, baby" Hellmuth proves that he is the most egotistical, obnoxious, dillusional poker player in the world. :club: 10 bracelets is nothing to sneeze at but the guy is nowhere near the best hold em player in the world. Not anymore anyways.

Once again Phil "I can dodge bullets, baby" Hellmuth proves that he is the most egotistical, obnoxious, dillusional poker player in the world. :club:10 bracelets is nothing to sneeze at but the guy is nowhere near the best hold em player in the world. Not anymore anyways.
um... what?!?!? Did I miss something?
When I grow up I wanna declare war at the poker table.This guy is my idol.Hellmuth for god.
Seconded.
Once again Phil "I can dodge bullets, baby" Hellmuth proves that he is the most egotistical, obnoxious, dillusional poker player in the world. :club: 10 bracelets is nothing to sneeze at but the guy is nowhere near the best hold em player in the world. Not anymore anyways.
He will be in the mix till the day he dies. He will never go broke, he will consistently have his face exposed and will most likely continue to go deep in tourneys, might even win a few more bracelets to go with that measly ten. I don't see the problem.
He will be in the mix till the day he dies. He will never go broke, he will consistently have his face exposed and will most likely continue to go deep in tourneys, might even win a few more bracelets to go with that measly ten. I don't see the problem.
Can someone please explain why everyone thinks he has 10? Or did I just miss something?
Once again Phil "I can dodge bullets, baby" Hellmuth proves that he is the most egotistical, obnoxious, dillusional poker player in the world. :club:
egotistical most definitely, obnoxious, for certain, DELUSIONAL, not quite, the guy is probably the best hold em player out there, name one BETTER, and of course be prepared to back it up...
10 bracelets is nothing to sneeze at but the guy is nowhere near the best hold em player in the world.
he has 9, when you bash a guy at least get your facts straight
Not anymore anyways.
Again see above, who is better, AT HOLD EMMan it sickens me to have to stick up for him, but its undeniable the man puts up results.

here's my problem with hellmuth. he's freakin annoying. not like tony g who is a prick annoying but phil im soooo good everybody look at me and listen to me whine hellmuth who bill fillmaff does such a good job of impersonating. seriously if he shut up, people would like him. but hes too busy talking about how good and important he is for anyone to care.

But, can he score a 180 on the dart board?I don't think so.This reminds me...I read an interesting hustle the other day. Tack a hundred dollar bill on the dart board. Challenge the sucker to throw one dart from the line and hit the bill. Then take one moderate step forward and hit it again. Then two moderate steps back and hit it a third time.Costs a hundred to play, win a hundred if he hit's it three times.Very hard to do because of muscle memory.

Id say Johnny-effing-Chan has proven to be better than phil. The guy is a beast...more bracelets...consistently does better in cash games, and won last years PokerSuperstars against the best in the world with a very good format. So best in the world based on the results goes to Chan. He's older than hellmuth and been doing it longer and shows no signs of slowing down. The thing that keeps phil from being the best is his incessant need for attention. He constantly makes mistakes because his emotions get in the way. He should have 11 bracelets right now but he doesnt. Same with Matusow...if he wasnt such a head-case he would be one of the best in the world....and......ok... thats all. I'm done. Continue...no really, continue... :club:

I declare war on Hellmuth. The game which will be our battlefield:War.I snickered.Seriously though, Phil is one of the, if not the, best tournament holdem players in the world. Not cash games. Not overall poker skill. But tournament Holdem...Phil owns. Bottom line. He's a ****** at the table, but so are a lot of other guys.

I dont know how anyone can deny Phil is one of the very best at tournament No Limit Texas Holdem, and probably better than 99% of the forum at any other game.
I would salivate at the chance to play a cash game with him. This isn't ego talking... it's a fact, tilt him and he can't lay down hands. He doesn't have the make up to be a pro cash player. In tournys he hasn't done much to speak of either. His braclets were before the poker boom, with MUCH smaller fields. But I gotta give the man his due though. He has probably come out best with respects to outside interests after the poker boom. He has made a buttload of money away from the tables. I guess if money is the only way to keep track in poker, he wins.
he has 9, when you bash a guy at least get your facts straightAgain see above, who is better, AT HOLD EM
Anyone with a bankroll to play at the big tables at Ultimate Bet, from what I've seen. I always see him get pwned on UB, not just a little, but crushed. And when it's not hold 'em, jesus. I'd sell my farm to get a chance to play him at tripple draw.