2006 Tournament Of Champion's Final Table

Hi All.I would like to share my story about Daniel Negreanu with all of you.First I know there is alot of very good poker players out there, but Daniel is my FAVORITE !!!!!!!!! I just got married on June 17th 2006,and I told the old man that the only thing I'd love to do is to fly out to Vegas and see if I could get lucky enough to be able to watch Daniel playing poker at the tournament.Well my wish came true.We got into Vegas early Monday morning ,being up all night and all day Monday we hit the room early. We woke up about 3 AM,got some coffee and took a ride over to Rio just to check things out.Walked down to check out where they played the tournament at and as we walked into the room here's Daniel and Mike Sexton they were playing heads up at the TOC final table for a million dollars.They had all ready been playing for several hours by the time we got there but we were able to watch the last couple hours of it.There was one 15 or 20 minute break and I was lucky enough to be able to talk to Daniel and ask him if he would sign the shirt I had on.(Which He Did) He's not only a GREAT Poker Player but a real down to earth person too. You could tell by looking at him that morning that he'd been at it for hour's and hour's and was worn out but he still took the time to talk to his fans and give autographs.Well as everyone already knows Mike sexton won the tournament.But my wish came true,not only did I get to see him playing at a table it was a final table with a million dollars sitting on it, I was lucky to be able to talk with Daniel for a few minutes and I even have a shirt he autographed for me.Daniel ,Thanks For Making My Wish Come True.

Another satisfied customer.
QFTTo the OP, congrats on your marriage!
let me get this straight...you just got married and all you wanted to do was go to vegas to watch daniel play poker? one final question...have you received the divorce papers yet?
Yeah, that was my question, too. You went to Vegas for you honeymoon, and the only time you mentioned your wife was when you got married. Did she go to Vegas at all? :club:

i have a question for the OP...you said you can tell hes been going at it for hours because of the way he looked...and you also know that he is playing HU for the TOC title and a million dollars...i dont understand how you can go over to him and ask him for an autograph at that moment...

That's a great story, well almost, the marriage part.
Thanks, as for getting the marriage part, after 5 years together we just made it legal.
Do they allow gay marriage in Nevada?
Wouldn't know anything about gay weddings in Vegas,I'm not gay are you ????????
Yeah, that was my question, too. You went to Vegas for you honeymoon, and the only time you mentioned your wife was when you got married. Did she go to Vegas at all? :club:
Yes we just got married after being together for 5 years,going to Vegas wasn't for a honeymoon,we've been on a honeymoon since we've been together,I wish all the women out there had a old man like mine,the divorce rate would be much much lower.there's not very many good one's out there any more but I have to say I have a keeper.
i have a question for the OP...you said you can tell hes been going at it for hours because of the way he looked...and you also know that he is playing HU for the TOC title and a million dollars...i dont understand how you can go over to him and ask him for an autograph at that moment...
Yep, that's what I said, you need to read my post again. Daniel and Mike had been heads up for hours and hours before we even got there, if you know anything about playing in tournaments,every 2 hours the players get a break.Durning the break I walked over to where was standing,asked him for his autograph at which time he signed the back of my shirt,thanked him for it,wished him good luck,than went back to were we were sitting and watched the rest of the tournament. As for the million dollars yes it was sitting at the end of the table they were playing at ,with security guards every were. Beside's that autograph with in the next 3 day's were we out there I got another 30 autographs for professional poker players.
Yep, that's what I said, you need to read my post again. Daniel and Mike had been heads up for hours and hours before we even got there, if you know anything about playing in tournaments,every 2 hours the players get a break.Durning the break I walked over to where was standing,asked him for his autograph at which time he signed the back of my shirt,thanked him for it,wished him good luck,than went back to were we were sitting and watched the rest of the tournament. As for the million dollars yes it was sitting at the end of the table they were playing at ,with security guards every were. Beside's that autograph with in the next 3 day's were we out there I got another 30 autographs for professional poker players.
that was pretty brainless on your part...hes in the middle of a grueling heads up battle for the TOC tittle and a million dollars, last thing he needs to do is sighn your t shirt.hes at the rio the whole month, you couldve found a better time...(as implied in my 1st post.)
Hi All.I would like to share my story about Daniel Negreanu with all of you.First I know there is alot of very good poker players out there, but Daniel is my FAVORITE !!!!!!!!! I just got married on June 17th 2006,and I told the old man that the only thing I'd love to do is to fly out to Vegas and see if I could get lucky enough to be able to watch Daniel playing poker at the tournament.Well my wish came true.We got into Vegas early Monday morning ,being up all night and all day Monday we hit the room early. We woke up about 3 AM,got some coffee and took a ride over to Rio just to check things out.Walked down to check out where they played the tournament at and as we walked into the room here's Daniel and Mike Sexton they were playing heads up at the TOC final table for a million dollars.They had all ready been playing for several hours by the time we got there but we were able to watch the last couple hours of it.There was one 15 or 20 minute break and I was lucky enough to be able to talk to Daniel and ask him if he would sign the shirt I had on.(Which He Did) He's not only a GREAT Poker Player but a real down to earth person too. You could tell by looking at him that morning that he'd been at it for hour's and hour's and was worn out but he still took the time to talk to his fans and give autographs.Well as everyone already knows Mike sexton won the tournament.But my wish came true,not only did I get to see him playing at a table it was a final table with a million dollars sitting on it, I was lucky to be able to talk with Daniel for a few minutes and I even have a shirt he autographed for me.Daniel ,Thanks For Making My Wish Come True.
you sound like me and my gf 2 years from now. Congrats though
that was pretty brainless on your part...hes in the middle of a grueling heads up battle for the TOC tittle and a million dollars, last thing he needs to do is sighn your t shirt.hes at the rio the whole month, you couldve found a better time...(as implied in my 1st post.)
Well there must of been alot of other brainless people there too,cause I'm not the only one he gave auotgraphs too. LOL
I just have one question.......handshake, fist bump, or hug?
Is this a girl? If not then I think a hug would not apply..
I could think of alot better things to do then watch poker after just getting married... alot better. By the way, heading out for my friends 21st... what are the good strip clubs in Vegas?
Sorry.No help here for the good strip clubs in Vegas. Not my thing.Have everything I need at home & doesn't cost me anything .LOL