he was playing for sure. I guess if you want updates from Josh during the WSOP you have to pay. :? "---LIve updating for WSOP--- My friend that I usually text message is actaully out here playing in the tournaments himself, so I am short of manpower(no dont email me and say I can text you )The Alternative--- I have set up with a company to do these text messages for me, and its really cool... you can get them to your phone, exactly the way i type them from the table, or from my break..... I will have more details about it tomorrow, but I think its like .50c a message, or $1.00 a day for unlimited messages, and you guys know how i like to gossip... my friends have renamed me the gossip king because of my blog....no but serious.... the text thing is super cool, and its like $1.00 a day and I will probably send a minimum of 5-10 in days that i play, and on days that i dont play, i wont screw yall and send a message just to get the money... So if you do it for the whole 6 weeks you could get like 400 text messages for $1 a day.... we will see, hope yall like it."http://www.josharieh.com/blog.php?subactio...t_from=&ucat=1&

wow, he actually thinks people would pay $1 a day to hear about his results? or am I reading that wrong?
You're reading it wrong. He thinks people will pay $42 to get txt messages from him for the WSOP.Ok, I lied. You're reading it exactly right.

it's no different than the beepers that used to have sports scores constantly. If you are a poker junkie who wants updates fast, you can get em for cheap. I think it's a great idea. And im pretty sure if he actually marketed it before the WSOP had started, it would be doing well

it's no different than the beepers that used to have sports scores constantly. If you are a poker junkie who wants updates fast, you can get em for cheap. I think it's a great idea. And im pretty sure if he actually marketed it before the WSOP had started, it would be doing well
Meh....Maybe but i doubt it. Why would you pay when there are 789,320,434 sites that will do the same thing for $0.

I think its that he will text you his blog update, not his chip count or whatever. It's pretty ridiculous to assume people will want to pay just to find out how he's doing, but whatever it's his deal.

Meh....Maybe but i doubt it. Why would you pay when there are 789,320,434 sites that will do the same thing for $0.
for the same reason that people bought those sports beepers..... for when you arent on a computer, at work, etc....
for the same reason that people bought those sports beepers..... for when you arent on a computer, at work, etc....
Do you really know someone who bought one of those beepers ONLY because of the updates?

Arieh normally texts chip updates during all trnys to someone he knows that then puts the updates up on his site for people to see.His friend happens to be playing in the WSOP this year... and I guess he couldn't find anyone else to do it, so he set this up.For people that want to get instant updates on him and his friends, its that or nothing for the WSOP since his normal guy is playing.I don't see whats wrong with it, and don't see why you guys are bashing on him so bad for it

Do you really know someone who bought one of those beepers ONLY because of the updates?
If you were a big sports bettor, those beepers were the equivalent to what cell phones are today for most people.....wasnt really that uncommen at all