milestone: first $1000 day

Hey, just wanted to post a thank you and update for some FCPers. I made $1250+ playing today for about 9 hours. This was 4-5 table NL ($100,$200 and $50 tables) and some limit ($3/6 mostly). 1901 hands total.I know some will say - "so what?" - and that it won't be like this everyday and I took advantage of poor players galore, but it is nonetheless a first for me online. No MTT tourneys, just cash games and a $100 Party bonus. I've done this before live but it's nice to do it online in the comfort of my home with little risk to my bankroll.A year ago I could not have imagined such a situation. Thanks to these forums and many solid posters I've been able to improve my game with solid bankroll management, online tools like pokertracker and the many examples of good players (you know who you are).I've got a lot of friends who play but they avoid online forums and poker rooms. Many complain about online poker being rigged. (Yeah! I know) It gets to a point where I cannot really have a meaningful poker conversation with many of them. And then there are the side things - like the inside jokes - I have to explain JOPKE to them and krablar. They find out about Bill Philmath this month. They don't care about poker tournaments until they're on TV, while I'm glued to pokerwire or pokerpages updates. You get the drift?Anyway, I'm glad you guys are around to hear my crap and provide me with crap to read. And of course, thanks to DN for starting this site.So, I guess I'll just try to pay it forward a little... for all the FCPers who aren't idiots. :club: Meanwhile, tonight I'm going out to celebrate...

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are around to hear my crap and provide me with crap to read. And of course, thanks to DN for starting this site.
Yeah - we're full of crap. :club:

Good evening Mr. Elkang (if this IS your real name)My name is Smith, Agent Smith . . . IRSSeriously, well done!!

Anyway, I'm glad you guys are around to hear my crap and provide me with crap to read. And of course, thanks to DN for starting this site.
Yeah - we're full of crap. :club:
Speak for yourself. I just took a dump.
congrats elkang :) soon u will be winning 1000$ pots u seem like a very knowledgable player, im surprised u dont play a little higher.
Bankroll. and I prefer to go at my own pace. 2+2ers always complain about people going too fast. I feel I'm going fast enough as is and don't have money pressures. I play poker because I love it. The money is a nice bonus. Usually, my hobbies COST me money. My last one cost me $20K in one weekend.oh yeah, the NL at the $100/200 level is a joke. Table selection is key, but seriously - and I don't have any friends who play higher (well). Also, it seems that too many "good" players - play totally by the book and are weak. I would love to hear from better players as I consider myself to be a mediocre but improving player. But, for now I dont see a reason to move up in limits. For now I am just watching some $400 tables when I have some time.

FYI - I played about 5 hrs today and made $543. $100 was from a Party bonus. 3-5 table. I made about 4 mistakes at least which cost me about $150. I figure after 10K hands I'll have a decent gauge on my hourly rate and hopefully be better at decision making when its crunch time.Maybe I should post the hands where I made mistakes?

This was such a stupid play - I was on tilt (making the wrong move even though I know what the right one is) - not emotionally upset - but this is the stupidest and costliest move of the 5 hr session. I know what the right move is and yet I ignore all the signs. My only defense is I spent less than 10 seconds on the entire hand and was busy concentrating on the other more important games. Also, I'm an idiot.New table... I have zero reads. Yes, I am that stupid to make a play when I have no reads on anyone.***** Hand History for Game 2153921999 *****$100 NL Hold'em - Saturday, June 04, 14:23:10 EDT 2005Table Table 36573 (Real Money)brettal posts small blind [$0.5].AcenRoses posts big blind [$1].yehoodi posts big blind [$1].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to yehoodi [ Jd Ad ]rickmottley folds.ResiGuy folds.soyab folds.PhilipLago folds.yehoodi raises [$3].Victorious_T calls [$4]. <-- already I should realize I could be beat.brettal folds.AcenRoses folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 3h, 2s ]yehoodi bets [$4]. <-- not a bad flop if he has high cards - let me see where I am and try to take it down.Victorious_T raises [$12].yehoodi calls [$8]. <--- Mistake - should have folded - I could be drawing near dead.** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ] yehoodi bets [$15]. <--- bet too small. Only half pot. Needs to be pot sized or greater.Victorious_T calls [$15].** Dealing River ** [ Qc ] <-- with hindsight the only possible good play besides folding would have been to check the turn and then bet big here (pot size).yehoodi bets [$30]. <-- instead i bet half pot again. Idiot!Victorious_T calls [$30]. yehoodi shows [ Jd, Ad ] a pair of twos.Victorious_T shows [ 9s, 9h ] two pairs, nines and twos. <-- all those calls make a lot of sense don't they?Victorious_T wins $120.5 from the main pot with two pairs, nines and twos.Why did I need to contest this pot? I get AJ all the time. The biggest key to a winning player in NL is knowing to let it go. This is how you should play a pair of Queens or maybe tens - NOT AJ. Of course, if I had hit a J or A on the river I could have gotten paid pretty well - but that would make me a drawing a$$ donkey.I have one more crap hand from this session (a piddly 6 hand session) and AK vs AA that I misplayed - though not as badly - with the same guy. I prompty left the table after that and vowed to play correct, which I'm glad to say I did. The AK hand does show a decent move but it also shows how I ignored that the guy had Kings or Aces.

congrats, elkang, that's a nice feat.if you want to develop your NL game, i'd strongly recommend getting eddie miller's new book, "getting started in hold 'em". yes, it's an introductory book, but it's NL HE cash game chapter is the best thing out there.it really solidly describes the importance of stack size, how to play a small/medium/large stack (the changes you need to make), specific conditions that need to be met to play loose/trash, the goal of the game, concrete examples of implied odds, and all that stuff.seriously, it's the best thing out there, and i think it's foreshadowing the soon-to-be-released 2+2 book "theory of no limit hold 'em" (cash games).anyway, it has a godly, virtually unexploitable shortstack strategy that i've decided to try (it seems very suited for online play), but it also has a very effective section on how to play loose/aggressive properly with a big stack.that's exactly how i play, too... online, i play tight and by the book, but live, i'm very LAG and almost donkish. let me know if you want to talk some strategy and maybe sit at a table together.good luck,aseem

This was such a stupid play - I was on tilt (making the wrong move even though I know what the right one is) - not emotionally upset - but this is the stupidest and costliest move of the 5 hr session. I know what the right move is and yet I ignore all the signs. My only defense is I spent less than 10 seconds on the entire hand and was busy concentrating on the other more important games. Also, I'm an idiot.New table... I have zero reads. Yes, I am that stupid to make a play when I have no reads on anyone.***** Hand History for Game 2153921999 *****$100 NL Hold'em - Saturday, June 04, 14:23:10 EDT 2005Table Table 36573 (Real Money)brettal posts small blind [$0.5].AcenRoses posts big blind [$1].yehoodi posts big blind [$1].** Dealing down cards **Dealt to yehoodi [ Jd Ad ]rickmottley folds.ResiGuy folds.soyab folds.PhilipLago folds.yehoodi raises [$3].Victorious_T calls [$4]. <-- already I should realize I could be beat.brettal folds.AcenRoses folds.** Dealing Flop ** [ 6s, 3h, 2s ]yehoodi bets [$4]. <-- not a bad flop if he has high cards - let me see where I am and try to take it down.Victorious_T raises [$12].yehoodi calls [$8]. <--- Mistake - should have folded - I could be drawing near dead.** Dealing Turn ** [ 2c ] yehoodi bets [$15]. <--- bet too small. Only half pot. Needs to be pot sized or greater.Victorious_T calls [$15].** Dealing River ** [ Qc ] <-- with hindsight the only possible good play besides folding would have been to check the turn and then bet big here (pot size).yehoodi bets [$30]. <-- instead i bet half pot again. Idiot!Victorious_T calls [$30]. yehoodi shows [ Jd, Ad ] a pair of twos.Victorious_T shows [ 9s, 9h ] two pairs, nines and twos. <-- all those calls make a lot of sense don't they?Victorious_T wins $120.5 from the main pot with two pairs, nines and twos.Why did I need to contest this pot? I get AJ all the time. The biggest key to a winning player in NL is knowing to let it go. This is how you should play a pair of Queens or maybe tens - NOT AJ. Of course, if I had hit a J or A on the river I could have gotten paid pretty well - but that would make me a drawing a$$ donkey.I have one more crap hand from this session (a piddly 6 hand session) and AK vs AA that I misplayed - though not as badly - with the same guy. I prompty left the table after that and vowed to play correct, which I'm glad to say I did. The AK hand does show a decent move but it also shows how I ignored that the guy had Kings or Aces.
I feel you there with the AJd. I used to do the same thing when I first started playing a lot. I still catch myself doing it on occasion.I also dropped a big pot today with AK vs KK and failed to think he could have AA or KK. I finally checked the river and surrendered a $120 pot orso.I ended the day in the green though, but that mistake cost me about $60 in extra profit I could have saved.JordanScottatXU is my SN on AIM if you ever wanna talk poker or whatever.- Jordan