river decisions - 2/4 l

There are 5 hands here. How do they look? Hand 1:No reads.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP3 with [8s], [Qs]. Hero posts a blind of $2. CO posts a blind of $2. 1 fold, BB checks.Flop: (5.50 SB) [6d], [7h], [3h] (5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, CO checks.Turn: (2.75 BB) [8c] (5 players)BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets, CO folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds.River: (4.75 BB) [3c] (2 players)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, Hero calls.Bet/call or bet/fold this river?Final Pot: 8.75 BBHand 2:Villian is 58/0/1.10 after 19 handsParty Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is MP1 with [As], [6s]. 1 fold, SB completes, BB checks.Flop: (5 SB) [8s], [4d], [7d] (5 players)SB bets, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.Table is playing passive. I figure I have at least enough outs to call getting 7:1 here. I raise to hopefully clean up my ace outs and maybe buy a free card on the turn. Good/bad idea? Turn: (6.50 BB) [6h] (4 players)SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, SB folds, UTG+1 folds.More outs for me. I bet to reduce the field and maybe get a free showdown if I chooseRiver: (8.50 BB) [Js] (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.Villian is somewhat aggressive. I can't see anything that I can beat really calling me here. Good time to try and induce a bluff?Final Pot: 10.50 BBHand 3:No reads.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is BB with [Ah], [Jh]. 1 fold, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.Flop: (6.50 SB) [5s], [9h], [5h] (3 players)Hero bets, Hero calls.Too weak? Should I reraise this flop?Turn: (5.25 BB) [2d] (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.River: (7.25 BB) [Ad] (2 players)Hero checks, MP1 checks.He's taken the lead the whole way. Is check/calling the best option in case I'm up against a better hand? Or should I just bet out? How to I respond to a raise?Final Pot: 7.25 BBHand 4:Villian is 26/26/3.00 after 23 hands.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is UTG with [8c], [Tc]. CO posts a blind of $3. Hero posts a blind of $2. 4 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero (poster) calls.Flop: (10.50 SB) [8s], [Kd], [7d] (6 players)SB checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.Turn: (8.25 BB) [Th] (4 players)Hero bets, CO folds, Hero calls.River: (12.25 BB) [5d] (3 players)Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.Villian has shown strength the whole way. Is the river too weak? Is bet/call better than check/call here?Final Pot: 14.25 BBHand 5:No read.Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is BB with [Qh], [Ac]. 7 folds, Button calls.Flop: (4.50 SB) [7s], [9c], [Jh] (2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.Turn: (3.25 BB) [4c] (2 players)Hero bets, Button calls.River: (5.25 BB) [8d] (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets, Hero folds.I act strong the whole way and then give up on the end when a pausible straight draw was filled. Ok?Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Hand one, don't post from MP3I doubt the table is that good Everything else is fineHand two I really don't likeOne, the flop raise isn't that helpful. I doubt you have that much equity with an overcard and a gutshotThat turn card isn't helpful, it makes a straight for any five, and gives you third pair on a supercoordinated flopI'm check-folding this turnHand threeThree bet the flopLead the turnBet the river and fold to a raiseThis hand people will probably disagree with me onHand fourFold preflopI'm assuming that you were posting because BB was sitting out, but I don't think 10-8 suited is strong enough to defend withJ-10 is my usual minimum, especially since it's not a button blind stealBetting into a raiser with 2nd pair? Ugh...I like aggression a lot, but I just want to check call here and reevaluate on the turnCheck-raise the turn to take control of the hand. That 10 is a fairly decent card for you, though does fill up a straight draw (not an issue here)Bet out on the river if he didn't three bet you on the turn, check/call if he did. Hand 5 is how I play it heads up.Betting the turn is a spew in a multiway pot but I'm okay with it here heads up against an open limp from the BB (which is odd, he could have anything)

Hand 1Nothing wrong. Unless UTG+1 is the type of loose player that calls in such a position with hands like A3s or Krablar, I think you're good.Hand 2I would fold the flop here. Even if you do catch your straight card, it's likely that you'll be splitting. The board also shows a flush draw possibility, in which if the 5 of diamonds hits, you may be paying off a flush.Hand 3Bet the Ace. That's one of your outs, and the way Villain has played this hand, he seemed to have KK, QQ, JJ, or TT.Hand 4I would bet/call the river. He had AK, didn't he?Hand 5I would have played this hand the same way.

Hand one, don't post from MP3
don't be such a nit!mathematically, it makes almost no difference, and if you were at a live game, he definitely _should_ be posting from MP3 instead of waiting seven hands.aseem

hand 1: looks good. it's a good value bet on the river after he checks, but don't fold to a checkraise unless you're 90% sure you're beat (you're getting somewhere around 7.5-to-1). you usually can't be unless you have a solid read, so calling the raise is good.hand 2: i like your flop raise, but i don't think you realize that you should be folding to a raise after you bet on the turn. there's a four-straight out there, and against a straight plus the fact that there are two hearts on the board (you no longer have a backdoor flush draw), your hand is _significantly_ weakened on fourth street. since no one raised, the check/call on fifth street is great since the heart draw didn't finish (the CO's cold-call on the flop but no raise on the turn generally means heart draw... sometimes it means top pair or something, but since there's doubt, folding getting more than 9-to-1 is wrong).hand 3: the flop bet is great, because you want to trap UTG+1 for a bet with your nut flush draw + overcards. too bad he folded. no, don't reraise this flop, that's just chip spewing. check/calling the turn is good. you have to bet/call this river for value. you're so good against so many overpairs that are now beat, and it's better to bet than to check and run the risk of it getting checked behind. although, this varies by player. if he's passive, definitely bet this (i wouldn't fold to a raise, but it's an option against a passive player... this also depends on his pre-flop raise percentage, and so on). if he's aggressive, definitely check/raise this instead of check/call. without a read, i like bet/calling.hand 4: three-bet the turn, if he caps, then check/call the river, if he doesn't, then bet/call the river..hand 5: don't fold on the river. check/call with ace-high out of position heads-up on the river, in general.in the future, try not to post more than one hand on a thread. it really turns people off from reading it and replying to multiple hands. just post each hand separately.aseem

I love getting input from a few different posters, since I can pick and choose what advice I think sounds most reasonable :-) I'm starting to dislike my raise on hand 2 only because of the presence of a flush draw on the flop. And akishore is right, I never knew I should fold to a turn raise :?I think I played the river way too passively in hand 3.I'm still not too sure about hand 4. I think check/raise/call the turn is probably my best bet since villian had the lead on the flop. Then, if a non-scare card comes, I can bet/call or check/call, depending on who put in the last bet on the turn. I don't think I like the 3-bet on the turn that much because it exposes me to a cap. I then lose 5 bets from the turn to the river with a slim chance to win. Also, by bet/calling the turn, I can bet/call the river when a safe card comes, and check/call the river if a scare card comes (if the board pairs a card I don't have.) This way, I can get 4 bets in when I'm ahead, and lose only 3-4 bets when I'm behind. If I am ahead on the turn and 3 bet, and then bet out the river, I'm probably only going to win 4 bets when I am ahead, and lose 4-5 bets when I am behind.On hand 5, the only hand I can think of that the villian has been calling me with that I have beat is KQ (which most players would raise with on the button). If he was drawing the whole time, the last card either fills his straight or pairs a card he was using with his straight draw. If the flush draw came on the flop instead of the turn I'd be more inclined to call here.

Aseem's lines are pretty much my lines.That 6 sucked for you on Hand 2. Bet/folding the turn is correct, and maybe even check/folding the turn. You wanted a 5, not a 6. It's unfortunate that nobody raised your turn bet, but it also makes sense for CO not to raise with a made straight (T9?) and two potential overcallers. You can safely fold to the river bet with 4th pair on a 4 straight board, even with 9.5 BB in the pot, I'd think. Maybe that's weak heads up, but consider what CO needs to hold to call an OOP bet at the turn with 4 players still in.I love hand 4, but you do need to 3-bet the turn to make AK pay, and as Aseem said, bet/call the river.