wheel on monochrome board (pot limit omaha hi/lo)

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $0.25 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cxHero ($41.45)Button ($78.85)BB ($26.25)Preflop: Hero is CO with 9:diamond:, 6:spade:, A:diamond:, 3:club:. 4 folds, BB checks.Flop: ($1.05) 8:heart:, 2:heart:, 4:heart: (4 players)BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.05, Button calls $1.05, BB folds, MP3 folds.Turn: ($3.05) 5:heart: (2 players)Hero bets $3.05, Button calls $3.05.River: ($8.85) Q:diamond: (2 players)Hero bets $8.85, ...what do you think about this hand... overaggressive or okay?i potted it on the flop with just one to act behind me on a semi-bluff sort of thing. i figured i could pick it up most of the time, and even if i didn't, i had the nut low with decent counterprotection.only the button called, and i was now out of position. if a brick fell, i planned to put in a half-pot bet and fold to a raise (getting quartered would suck). instead, the 5 came giving me the wheel. this screwed with my thoughts a little.i now thought there was a decent chance that he called on the flop with just a low or a set or something, so maybe i now was scooping. this made me bet the pot again for max value from a worse hand. still, i wasn't sure how to handle a raise here since a raise would usually mean i was chopping with another A-3. but if that A-3 was hearts, i was getting quartered, again. so again, despite having the wheel, i should be folding if he raises my pot bet, right?but again, he just called! a brick came on the river. now, i figured i was almost always scooping here and he just didn't have the flush. so, i potted it again for value.is this good up to here?and what do i now do if he raises? he has me covered, but a pot-sized raise won't put me all-in.aseem

I think your play is fine here. If you're three quartered you are likely getting played with on the turn. You have fold equity from a small flush and are scooping any set or 2/pair plus low. I think the pot size bet on the river is the right choice, if he pushes...pray for half.

I think you're probably getting 3/4 of this pot. He probably has the nut low and nothing else, thinking that his wheel straight is good. However, you have a 6 high straight, which is probably good for the high.

i'm a PLO8 noob. but if you are confident that you are gonna scoop or 3/4 the guy....why pot the bet? why not come in for less than the pot to give him a better chance to call?
You have a decent shot at getting a small flush or a 67 nut straight to lay down here and scoop.

thanks for the replies.the pot bet is usually just for sheer value. if any hand gives you action in this game, they're going to give you pot-sized action. that's just a given. no one really cares about bet size here, and that's part of what makes this game really profitable.not that results matter, but things turned out decent. he took a long time deciding about the last bet, and finally called with just a 10-high flush or something. if i had gotten him to fold at any point in the hand, that would have been great.aseem

Yeah this can a be a tricky pot, or not if he simply has a set. At this limit I think a set is probably most likely. A flush with the wheel would probably raise the pot, and hope the board doesn't pair. I think raising big with the wheel heads up is almost always a great play heads up. You may get a low flush to fold by representing strength, and you may also get a lesser hand to call. Even in the case that you lose the hi, as long as you don't get quartered too often, which heads up with the wheel you will rarely be, then you are looking pretty good in that spot. You don't want to give free cards to pair the board if he has trips, since for obvious reasons it's better to take down the entire small pot than to split the large one.