2/3NL live6 handedhero 300villain 200 (just sat down, no reads)Hero dealt QQ in MP1 fold, Hero raise to 13. 1 fold, c/o call, button fold. sb fold, BB (Villain) call.flop (pot $41)6,9,8 rainbow.villain check, hero bet 25, c/o fold. villain call. turn K.villain check. Hero? a couple things ran through my mind, what is he calling preflop with that he would also call on the flop? A,7? would he c/r 2 pair? or is he going to continue to c/c with handslike Q,9 J,9 10,9 etc....I know i should be betting here, but how much is a good number? i'm thinking 45? and fold to a raise?

I'd probably check the turn. Call a reasonable bet on the river or value bet if he checks.Betting is probably ok too. Although, you are bloating the pot, and are unlikely to get called by hands that beat you. The K is a scary card for the villain if he was floating with a small piece of the flop. A check might induce a bluff, and if it doesn't, it might induce a call on the river from a weaker hand that would probably fold to a turn bet.

The villain basically never has a K here, but he can have you beaten in other ways. There's not a lot of ways for you to get value by betting here since you're not getting called unless he can beat AK most of the time. I check behind and catch his river bet.

think you're wrongsomeone who calls the flop is most likely peeling for a gutshot or pair+oesd, which means you should be betting. like above poster said, rarely ever has a K here unless he's the kind that likes to peel with overs a lot. But the flop is drawy and we should charge

I would def. Bet here to protect my Hand. Villian could easily have a straight draw/one pair.Why would we want to give villian a free card?I would bet ($60) Turn (to get value on any straight draw/pairs he would want to call with, that I won't otherwise get by checking)I want to be the aggressor. And NOT get in a defensive mode and having villian be in control of the pot by checking. + If I had a choice to be betting lets say "$45" or calling $45. Wise and most beneficial choice would def. Be Betting.Then I would proceed to check river or fold to a bet.

I agree with Acid. We should check behind and call a bet on a safe river. We're pretty much looking for a 2, 3, 4, J, Q, or a K. Maybe an A. This hand is probably a somewhat ahead/way behind hand.Villain's hand range is really skewed toward hands that have us either somewhat ahead/way behind: T9,T7,T8,98,97,86,87,75,99,88,66,77The ones we're pretty ahead of that make sense: JT/A9/TT Yeah, there are other hands in that range, but those are the likeliest. Villain didn't raise the flop, but on a rainbow board, people slowplay a lot, especially against a preflop raiser.Whatever value we get is mostly by charging naked draws, top pair, and TT (and remember, those occupy a smaller portion of his range). Top pair & TT are insta-mucking. As for the naked draws, given the awkward stack sizes, a bet-fold amount that doesn't commit us gives them decent odds anyway (and even more so for the pair+draw hands). Plus, half-potting it on the turn may very well induce a c/r semibluff that we're not calling - so we might lose chips to an inferior holding that we might have gotten chips from by picking off a bluff on a safe river.

Results.so, I felt like i missplayed the hand, I'm glad so many people said "check behind"I checked behind.river 5.villain check.hero check.villain shows5,5 for a set. In this spot obviously a bet makes sense, but i didnt want to bloat this pot, like someone else stated. results based thinking, and I thought my check behind was bad after the hand played out.glad to see i'm not alone.