daniel's take on his "popularity..."?

Taken from another thread (discusssing Lederer vs DN:

It seems that the popular thing to these days is talk about how much trouble I'm in in all of these matches, yet neglect to play me for one reason or another. I think Howard is a very good player. I would also welcome the challenge and can't think of a game where I would feel like an underdog to him. Limit hold'em would be the toughest for sure, but I'm feeling much better about my limit hold'em game now that I've had some practice. The only other game that might worry me would be pot limit Omaha, but not so much.
Daniel, I was wondering if you could give us your thoughts on your outgoing style and how it's effected your position in the poker world.I know many of us have posted here on the site about how great it is that you let us inside your world as much as you do (the blog, the pool, the pics, etc...) but it also seems to have rubbed a few of the pros the wrong way. I don't know if they feel like you're too brash... or too open... or too opinionated or what. But I was curious how you felt it's effected your relationshps within the poker world... and if any of the others have ever approached you and aired out their opinions of your open style...p2p.s. I'm one of those people, by the way, who loves the inside look you've given us. Keep up the good work, this site is a daily stop for me :wink:

Does anyone remember somewhere on this site where Daniel addresses this issue? I could've sworn I saw a little something about it in one of his article but really wasn't paying attention at the time... I'm not even really sure what to search for... p2

I honestly don't feel like it's a problem for others unless I divulged personal information about them in my blogs which I try to avoid. I'm comfortable sharing, but I realize that others aren't. If I have any problems with people in the poker world it's probably more because I don't care much for them. I have tried to voice my opinions less often in that regard though because it really doesn't do me any good. No, I'm not talking about David Sklansky or Barry Greenstein. I really like David (Mason is another story). As for Barry I don't think he is a bad person at all, but I stick by my claim that he would win the majority vote for biggest ego in poker if you polled the high limit players. Phil Hellmuth? I love that guy, how can you not! He is hilarious and a lot of fun to hang out with. Howard and I get along fine, but don't really have very much in common other than playing poker and being vegetarians! Same goes for Erik Seidel.

Howard and I get along fine, but don't really have very much in common other than playing poker and being vegetarians! Same goes for Erik Seidel.Seidel's a vegetarian too? Don't think I would've guessed. Ok, maybe a little.

I honestly don't feel like it's a problem for others unless I divulged personal information about them in my blogs which I try to avoid.  I'm comfortable sharing, but I realize that others aren't.  If I have any problems with people in the poker world it's probably more because I don't care much for them.  I have tried to voice my opinions less often in that regard though because it really doesn't do me any good.  No, I'm not talking about David Sklansky or Barry Greenstein.   I really like David (Mason is another story).  As for Barry I don't think he is a bad person at all, but I stick by my claim that he would win the majority vote for biggest ego in poker if you polled the high limit players.    Phil Hellmuth?  I love that guy, how can you not!  He is hilarious and a lot of fun to hang out with.    Howard and I get along fine, but don't really have very much in common other than playing poker and being vegetarians!  Same goes for Erik Seidel.
Ah thank you DN for the response... I'm partial to Hellmuth, what with him being a fellow Badger and all :wink: p2