holy crap, worst. commentary. ever. (not wpt)

watching the ultimate poker challenge on UPN, guy as KQ vs AQ, commentators start saying "he'll need a king and a king only", flop 22T "he has one out, a king is his only out" turn is a queen "he's drawing to one out, the king, or he's down to one chip". :roll:

watching the ultimate poker challenge on UPN, guy as KQ vs AQ, commentators start saying "he'll need a king and a king only", flop 22T "he has one out, a king is his only out" turn is a queen "he's drawing to one out, the king, or he's down to one chip". :roll:
Yeah, I think most of that show is the same quality.
yea they are probably black commentator's since its on upn. god dam niggrz.
so how did david duke's poker camp go??

ok, moving along after that comment...i just realized that it was PHIL LAAK making those comments. only a king eh? they also have esfandiari on there as a guest, and someone sent in an email "is there a difference between limit and no limit" and he said it's like comparing a pinto and a lamborghini because no limit is the "purest form of poker because you can't get people to fold for just one more bet in limit". now i see where the newbs learn this stuff.

ok, moving along after that comment...i just realized that it was PHIL LAAK making those comments. only a king eh? they also have esfandiari on there as a guest, and someone sent in an email "is there a difference between limit and no limit" and he said it's like comparing a pinto and a lamborghini because no limit is the "purest form of poker because you can't get people to fold for just one more bet in limit". now i see where the newbs learn this stuff.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

I find it strange that when this guy makes comments against black people, everyone jumps all over him as they should and tell him his comments have no place here. When a guy was bashing Catholics a few weeks back his comments were ignored or people attempted to change the subject but noone acted highly offended. Just goes to show how discrimination is only attacked when its against certain groups.How did David Dukes poker camp go? About the same as Robert Byrds I would imagine.

omg...it's getting worse...chipleader with 66 just got criticized for calling 2 allins because he's not getting "the 7:1 he needs to make this a correct call. look at that, he's only 20% to win this hand"

I find it strange that when this guy makes comments against black people, everyone jumps all over him as they should and tell him his comments have no place here. When a guy was bashing Catholics a few weeks back his comments were ignored or people attempted to change the subject but noone acted highly offended. Just goes to show how discrimination is only attacked when its against certain groups.How did David Dukes poker camp go? About the same as Robert Byrds I would imagine.
funny how ppl take these forums so seriously...guy is a donk , why waste time trying to "fix" him...i am catholic by the way....
Okay, see, because Catholics kind of deserve a lot of the mockery they receive. When the people you elect to put in charge:a) touch little boysb) conspire to cover up the touching of little boysthere's something seriously wrong with the organization that you CHOOSE to affiliate with. And comparing the "n" word to jokes about Catholics is not only horribly insensitive, it's ridiculously ignorant. If you REALLY want to have this conversation, I'll have it, and I'll do so logically, rationally, and reaonably. If you were "just saying"... (shrug) that's fine, but I had to respond.Cheers,Ice

Pedophilia among clergy happens in all religions, dont try to pin it on Catholics. More cases of Protestant clergy are currently in Americas judicial system today than those against Catholics, the only reason you wouldn't think that is because the media hates the Catholic church and uses every opportunity to slam it they can find. There was a breif love fest after John Paul II died but that quickly ended with the election of Benedict the XVI, one of the most Orthodox men in the Catholic church today.Using your logic that all Catholics deserve admonisment because of the misdeeds of a handful of priests, black people deserve admonishment because welfare rolls show that african americans make up a much higher percentage of those on welfare than other racial groups. Clearly african americans are a drain on society. Sounds pretty insane doesen't it.How is calling the leader of the Catholic Church on earth a sick twisted kiddy rapist "how probably has the same security system as Michael Jackson" anymore or less insensitive than calling someone the "N" word, or white trash for that matter. The only groups that its okay to make fun of in a cruel way in this country is Whites, Catholics, and Southreners. Youre basically saying its okay to make fun of Catholics because an extreme minority were involved in pedophilia, thats insensitive and discriminatory.

omg...it's getting worse...chipleader with 66 just got criticized for calling 2 allins because he's not getting "the 7:1 he needs to make this a correct call. look at that, he's only 20% to win this hand"
its UPN, the station that battles the WB as the worst station created, I don't know what you expected
its UPN, the station that battles the WB as the worst station created, I don't know what you expected
Bah, they both lose to Fox.
it's still "pros" saying this garbage
.Using your logic that all Catholics deserve admonisment because of the misdeeds of a handful of priests, black people deserve admonishment because welfare rolls show that african americans make up a much higher percentage of those on welfare than other racial groups. Clearly african americans are a drain on society. Sounds pretty insane doesen't it.
Your analogy is terrible. The reason the pedophilia scandal was so shocking was because of the abject lack of self-policing done by the church; and that is where your analogy breaks down. The Catholic Church is RESPONSIBLE for the actions of its members. It is absolutely the Church's fault that Father O'Malley was lubing up the altar boy. It is not, however, the fault of the average black American that his African-American brothers are on welfare. If anything, this situation has been IMPOSED upon the African-American community by years of discrimination, ranging from the subtle to the outright. I think Catholics SHOULD be ashamed of the conduct of their church, and you should be ashamed to imply that "father O'malley lubing up the altar boy" jokes even come close to resonating like "n-word" jokes. To be perfectly honest, I think political correctness has really gotten out of control in this country, and became a detriment the moment it began impeding the discourse. But comparing the plight of the average catholic- now and throughout history- to the plight of the average African-American is just silly. There IS no comparison. Ice

There was breakdown in leadership in the American Catholic Church, thats not debateable. But that doesent mean the average Catholic did anything wrong, hes not involved in the leadership role, and doesent have the ability or means to police all Priests. Pedophilia happens in every religion, dont even try to make it into a strictly Catholic problem cause your flat out wrong.Yeah black people lag behind sociallly and economically because of discrimination. Thats such a cop out. Its just not wanting to take responsibility and throw it at someone else. Every ethnic group in the world has been discriminated against and enslaved at one time or another, the Jews have been enslaved more than any ethnic group there is, but they have always been some of the most successful people in the world.If all Catholics should be ashamed of the pedophilia scandal than all Arabs should be ashamed of alll the Arab states which blatantly support terrorism. All black people should be ashamed that a disproportionate amount of crime in the United States is cause by African Americans and that they constitue a disproportionate percentage of the welfare rolls. The average Catholics duty is to put pressure on there clergy to do what I did. You act as if A priest is a mere memeber of the congregation, he is part of the leadership, but his breakdown in morality does not have any reflection on the members of his parish unless they were somehow involved in the pedophillia or in the scheme to cover it up.I seems like you think the shoe should only fit one foot.

take the debate of discrimination elsewhere so we can bash the UPC in peace :club: i learned more with it muted...like there was much to be learned...every other hand on there was an all-in

Yeah black people lag behind sociallly and economically because of discrimination. Thats such a cop out.
Well what is the reason? Because they are inherently inferior to whites? Is there some genetic predisposition for failure in blacks? All I'm saying is that your attitude is dangerous and ignorant. It's NOT a cop out to suggest that African Americans lag socially and economically because of discrimination; IT IS A CAUSAL FACTOR. And saying, "Catholics molest boys" is not nearly as bad as saying, "Niggers are thieves." I hope you see why.Ice
take the debate of discrimination elsewhere so we can bash the UPC in peace :lol: i learned more with it muted...like there was much to be learned...every other hand on there was an all-in
Sorry. The UPC DOES suck, and I extend my deepest and sincerest of apologies for detracting from what should be the real focus here. The UPC blows. Apologies,Ice

Ummm... not that I'm defending this show, but it wasnt Phil Laak that was saying that, it was the other commentator.I just happened to turn it to UPN and saw that exact hand that the original post was talking about, and it was the guy besides Laak that was saying that... Laak just kept quiet lol.

I think I just saw this hand too... he had 66 vs the allin's ATs... Laak never said that it was a bad call, he said something like "hes not going to be scared of this call" or something like that. he pretty much said it was a nobrainer call.And again, I'm not defending the show :-)edit: oops, nevermind I just saw this hand, few hands later. Laak doesn't criticize too much, the other guy bashes him kind of bad though.Still not defending the show lol, it's still pretty bad