I'm watching GSN's High Stakes Poker right now (thank you TiVo) and it's a hand involving DN, Sammy Farha, and Fred Chamanara. So if you watch it and didn't see this yet... spoiler alert!In a raised pot (raised by Minh Ly), four players to the flop. 4 :D 10 :) J :club: gets checked around. Turn is the 2 :club:Chamanara is first to act and leads out with the 6 :) 5 :) Minh fold, Farha calls w 10 :D 9 :club: and DN raises w Q :D 10 :club: Chamanara calls, and Farha goes all in over the top! At this point DN raises again! Gabe Kaplan announcing, says that DN is making this play bc he feels Chamanara is on a draw and that he has Farha beat. I think it's the other way around. Sammy's the type of player that loves drawing hands, and I think DN's puttin him on something like 3 :P 5 :P and gived Chamanara credit for a J or 10. By raising he knows Chamanara is capable of folding either of those hands and he can get it HU against the draw. Thoughts on the hand? Daniel?

I'm watching GSN's High Stakes Poker right now (thank you TiVo) and it's a hand involving DN, Sammy Farha, and Fred Chamanara. So if you watch it and didn't see this yet... spoiler alert!In a raised pot (raised by Minh Ly), four players to the flop. 4 :D 10 :) J :club: gets checked around. Turn is the 2 :club:Chamanara is first to act and leads out with the 6 :) 5 :) Minh fold, Farha calls w 10 :D 9 :club: and DN raises w Q :D 10 :club: Chamanara calls, and Farha goes all in over the top! At this point DN raises again! Gabe Kaplan announcing, says that DN is making this play bc he feels Chamanara is on a draw and that he has Farha beat. I think it's the other way around. Sammy's the type of player that loves drawing hands, and I think DN's puttin him on something like 3 :P 5 :P and gived Chamanara credit for a J or 10. By raising he knows Chamanara is capable of folding either of those hands and he can get it HU against the draw. Thoughts on the hand? Daniel?
I agreed with Gabe's opinion when I saw it.I still cannot believe that Daniel folded the hand that he made an ace high flush on a paired board when he thought that Brunson might have had a full house. For $20k and about $50k in the pot, I would have made the call and paid him off or won the hand. $20k for DN is nothing. I feel that DN was trying to show his ability to make an accurate read for TV, but it backfired when he folded the best hand.

Why would he try to get a hand out that he has dominated like 109? He put chamanara on the draw that's why he bet him out of the pot, if he put him on the 109 that farha had, he would have let him come in.

I agreed with Gabe's opinion when I saw it.I still cannot believe that Daniel folded the hand that he made an ace high flush on a paired board when he thought that Brunson might have had a full house. For $20k and about $50k in the pot, I would have made the call and paid him off or won the hand. $20k for DN is nothing. I feel that DN was trying to show his ability to make an accurate read for TV, but it backfired when he folded the best hand.
That's what I'm talking about.
That hand was crazy.
Daniel has made calls on that show for $50,000 when he was obviously beat. "You got me curious again." I can't believe he folded there. Definitely outsmarted himself.

I believe if you listen you can hear DN ask Chamanara if he had a weak J or a draw. It really wouldn't matter since Fred would be capable of laying down either hand after an all-in and DNs raise.

Did anyone else think Esfandiari looked like he was about to cry when Daniel came back with the big raise on the QQ vs 68D hand? But I had to laugh after he folded then said "All in". and DN jumped about a foot in the air!!

Did anyone else think Esfandiari looked like he was about to cry when Daniel came back with the big raise on the QQ vs 68D hand? But I had to laugh after he folded then said "All in". and DN jumped about a foot in the air!!
I thought the same thing.And DN made a great play with the hand in question, and a bad play folding the nut flush hand.If he wasn't in it to hit the flush, he shoulda dumped earlier. He outsmarted himself.Easy to say when you can see the cards. And 20k is a lot of money regardless.

The nut flush fold bothers me. He was playing for the flush, it hits and then he is playing for the check raise because he checked it. Otherwise why check on the end? I know it's easy now but why not bet before Todd? If you get raised by the full house then Todd out played you but to get excatly what you wanted and then give it away seems odd to me.

It was a good episode.Listen to Daniel again and I think he says he put Fred on a weak J.Folding the ace hi flush for $20k into a $69k pot was brutal. Todd made a great play that got the best and 2nd best hands to lay down. Fred's bluff of Mike was great also.

perhaps daniel put him on a set and planned on betting if he made the flush that didnt pair the board. I think he relied on the fact he had the Ace of spades in his hand thought that brunson could not make that bet without the boat or the nutflush and since Daniel had the nut flush the only thing that was left was the boat...shrug i would have check called at least but then i dont play in games where anyone is making 20k bets lol.

If I remember the hand the board was paired on the flop. DN bet the turn and when Todd called is when he put him on a big hand. Todd played the hand exactly like he'd play JJ so it wasn't unreasonable. Given that he checked to Todd on the river I'm not sure that the fold was bad at all. I think the hand called for a bet on the river though which would have made all the difference.Kotter kept talking about how the players were tired. Exactly how long had they been playing at this point? I can't imagine DN getting tired after less than 8 or 10 hours unless he had a long day before.

perhaps daniel put him on a set and planned on betting if he made the flush that didnt pair the board. I think he relied on the fact he had the Ace of spades in his hand thought that brunson could not make that bet without the boat or the nutflush and since Daniel had the nut flush the only thing that was left was the boat...shrug i would have check called at least but then i dont play in games where anyone is making 20k bets lol.
the flop was 5 J 5. Soo, no.he botched it, I'm sure if you ask him, he'd agree. Either fold earlier or bet the river or check call. again, hindsight is 20/20
the flop was 5 J 5. Soo, no.he botched it, I'm sure if you ask him, he'd agree. Either fold earlier or bet the river or check call. again, hindsight is 20/20
I disagree. Todd raised PF. Flop checks around. What do you put Todd on - a whiff or a monster that he's slowplaying or looking to c/r. Turn gives DN the nut flush draw, Todd checks again, DN bets out relatively big compared to the size of the pot and Todd calls. River puts a four flush on the board Todd bets big. Odds are pretty small that he bets anything other than the nut flush or a flopped boat. DN has the nut flush.I think we can argue that DN not betting the made flush on the river was a mistake. He invited Todd to make a play at the pot. But a four flush, paired board is hardly a great opportunity to make a big bluff. I think the fold was reasonable if not ideal.
does anyone think that Daniel thought Todd's play was really bad? Just the way he said Todd lost his mind.
Lets say that DN gives TB a full house there 50% of the time (which I think is high, but considering he folded, probably fairly accurate) remember that the whole show he was being needled for 'never folding'. I think he figured, "I may be beat hear half the time plus I'll table a huge fold to change my image right here." Because it also seems strange to me that he would show that lay down.All-in-all I dont like the play. As it was said earlier its hard to accept that he folded the nut flush there for no other reason than that he thought he was beat. He's called bigger bets on way worse situations. 20K IS nothing for DN.

Otherwise why check on the end? To induce a bluff of course. Which is exactly what happened, but then Daniel got all confused and convinced himself he was beat.River puts a four flush on the board Todd bets big.The bet was a standard size for a value bet, not a big bet at all.I'm sure Todd, in his wildest dreams, did not think he would get the nut flush to lay down. When Daniel and Sammy declined to bet the river, Todd concluded that neither had a decent flush or boat and saw a bluffing opportunity.

Otherwise why check on the end? To induce a bluff of course. Which is exactly what happened, but then Daniel got all confused and convinced himself he was beat.River puts a four flush on the board Todd bets big.The bet was a standard size for a value bet, not a big bet at all.I'm sure Todd, in his wildest dreams, did not think he would get the nut flush to lay down. When Daniel and Sammy declined to bet the river, Todd concluded that neither had a decent flush or boat and saw a bluffing opportunity.
I agree :club:
Otherwise why check on the end? To induce a bluff of course. Which is exactly what happened, but then Daniel got all confused and convinced himself he was beat.
No... Checked on the end after Todd made a overcall on the turn. He checked because he really thought Todd might be slowplaying something huge and probably just wanted to see what he did on the river. Also, the pot wasn't 69k, it was 56k. 21k to call.And a lot of you got the action wrong as well.Farha flopped trip 5's... he bet the 10k on the turn. Now DN calls with his As and pair of 9's. Against Sammy, I think he not only thought he probably had the best hand, but the best draw.THEN... Todd overcalls on the turn there.Now he immediately is thinking WTF? He's gotta have a huge hand here to call now after a potsized bet AND a call. That's why he checked the river. Not to check-raise... Not to induce a bluff. But actually because he thought Todd had a monster.
I disagree. Todd raised PF. Flop checks around. What do you put Todd on - a whiff or a monster that he's slowplaying or looking to c/r. Turn gives DN the nut flush draw, Todd checks again, DN bets out relatively big compared to the size of the pot and Todd calls. River puts a four flush on the board Todd bets big. Odds are pretty small that he bets anything other than the nut flush or a flopped boat. DN has the nut flush.I think we can argue that DN not betting the made flush on the river was a mistake. He invited Todd to make a play at the pot. But a four flush, paired board is hardly a great opportunity to make a big bluff. I think the fold was reasonable if not ideal.
No, you got the action wrong. Todd raised pre-flop and sammy and daniel both called. It got checked around on the flop when sammy flopped three 5's. Sammy led in on the turn, which was called by daniel, then OVERCALLED by todd. Then on the 4th spade on the river, Sammy checked, daniel checked and todd bet. I will say, however, I think some sort of river bet first would be in order, then if you get raised you could fold it.Edit: Whoops, too slow.