High Stakes Poker Season 2

someone has to explain to Jennifer it's Hold-em not Fold-emand did you notice the Asian dude (sorry forgot his name) he seemed to get very nervous when he got that big hand last night!!and also the MOUTH is a complete loooooooser...see him trying to find someone to laugh at his jokes...i was glad to see DN shut him up by saying he was playing on borrowed money !!i think he is out of his element in these stakes along with Jennifer!!

someone has to explain to Jennifer it's Hold-em not Fold-emand did you notice the Asian dude (sorry forgot his name) he seemed to get very nervous when he got that big hand last night!!and also the MOUTH is a complete loooooooser...see him trying to find someone to laugh at his jokes...i was glad to see DN shut him up by saying he was playing on borowed money !!i think he is out of his element in these stakes along with Jennifer!!
I'm pretty sure that Jennifer plays in the big game a lot. I don't think she is out of her element but Matusow definately is.
I'm pretty sure that Jennifer plays in the big game a lot. I don't think she is out of her element but Matusow definately is.
She plays in the BIG game 2k-4k or 4k-8k those games are usually capped...where NL is NO LIMIT...ya can tell Sammy--Daniel-Todd--Barry--Ted--Gus seem to live for these stakes.BUT Phill Laak seemed a little out of his element always saying how much he's up...getting mad when he lost 12k..saying"well there's 12k down the drain" 12k in this games is NOTHING!!the big names barely say anything when they lose 100k in a hand!
She plays in the BIG game 2k-4k or 4k-8k those games are usually capped...where NL is NO LIMIT...ya can tell Sammy--Daniel-Todd--Barry--Ted--Gus seem to live for these stakes.BUT Phill Laak seemed a little out of his element always saying how much he's up...getting mad when he lost 12k..saying"well there's 12k down the drain" 12k in this games is NOTHING!!the big names barely say anything when they lose 100k in a hand!
Matusow and Laak are definitely fish out of water....big time. When Laak laid down his pocket JJs, that said everything. Matusow is easier to read than Cliff Notes in the big cash games. They both play scared because they are playing above their bankrolls. Its obvious in their play and mannerisms. SCARED.I think GSN wants guys like Laak and Matusow in there because they have some personality....but Laak is so quiet during these games because he's scared $hitless that its a waste even having him on.
Matusow and Laak are definitely fish out of water....big time. When Laak laid down his pocket JJs, that said everything. Matusow is easier to read than Cliff Notes in the big cash games. They both play scared because they are playing above their bankrolls. Its obvious in their play and mannerisms. SCARED.I think GSN wants guys like Laak and Matusow in there because they have some personality....but Laak is so quiet during these games because he's scared $hitless that its a waste even having him on.
completely agree!!

Big deal, Phil Laak plays tight. It doesn't make for exciting television but since when was this a crime? Personally, I thought he played well except for the JJ hand with Antonio. He definitely schooled Daniel on the A7 vs. 66 hand.

Big deal, Phil Laak plays tight. It doesn't make for exciting television but since when was this a crime? Personally, I thought he played well except for the JJ hand with Antonio. He definitely schooled Daniel on the A7 vs. 66 hand.
Tight? He looks physically ill on every hand. He's in way over his head in this. He's looking for any excuse to fold his cards. I have nothing against Laak at all....but I also saw him fold a big pocket pair last week where he was clearly ahead. In the few weeks I've seen him play, he's gotten a TON of premium hands....that's the only reason he's up.
anyone with any poker knowledge can "school" anyone at anytime in the right situation !and we were not saying Laak wasn't a great player because he a done very well!just the high stakes NL seems a little out of his league!!
I didn't think she was playing scared. Anyways the big game cap is capped at a 100k and she bought in for that much. I am sure she has lost a capped pot in the big game before so I dont think was playing tight because of being scared. Tight because of the camera's and not wanting to look like an idiot on tv and that made her look scared but I dont think it was because of the stakes
Tight? He looks physically ill on every hand. He's in way over his head in this. He's looking for any excuse to fold his cards. I have nothing against Laak at all....but I also saw him fold a big pocket pair last week where he was clearly ahead. In the few weeks I've seen him play, he's gotten a TON of premium hands....that's the only reason he's up.
I think laak played well, but he did get a lot of great cards, I think some of the players gave him so much play back cause they probably doubted he had great hands everytime. I think the hand with antonio, he laid it down, partially because of his relationship with antonio and partially because with jacks its hard to know where your at in a hand when someone reraises you, antonio very well coulda had qq or better but he put him on a bluff and just didnt feel like playing a big pot and possibly being wrong.
Laak deffinetly was playing higher than he is used to but he was not out of his element. Did you see the episode where he fired 35k into a 60k+ pot on the river into 2 opponents, Alaei and DN, with 10 high! He obviously was not playing scared. I thought he played tight, but he played well. He only made a misread in that one hand against Antonio, but it was near the end of his session and i think he was just "sitting on the ball" protecting his winnings. Pros do it all the time in cash games. Also, I believe Laak regularly plays 100-200 NL. This was about 3 times as high, but still he obviously has some game to be playing at those limits.
Sometimes I wonder if you guys even play poker... :club: j/kHe made a great read on Daniel once after raising pf with AQ, flopping QTr, and folding to Daniel's 2 pair. He even talked the hand out and explained exactly why he thought he was beat. He also made a sick bluff into that JJ paired board pot with 2 other players in the hand.I believe he left the game up almost $200K.That being said, for sure he's playing over his head. He wrote an article in Bluff last month talking about how he's really just a $20/$40 grinder but he couldn't pass up the chance to play in this game, as it would in his estimation the funnest thing you could give him a chance to do. Clearly the money meant a lot more to him than probably anyone else there, but in my eyes, you could tell he was enjoying himself and he played great. It seems like you all want to skewer him because he laid down those jacks to Antonio. So kill the guy for being conservative. Before the flop, he came right out and said either Antonio had aces, or was on a straight T5 bluff again. One wrong decision doesn't make his whole body of work on that show bad.As a side note: Do you Laak haters all think Farha played great then? He was in every pot, wasn't playing over his head, was never scared....and almost always got his money in with the worst hand :)Mark

there is an article by Phil laak in bluff either this month or last month (brunson on cover) where he says that 300-600 100 is the highest he has ever played. He said he normally plays 50-100 or 100-200. He was genuinely excited to play against these guys and recorded his largest win ever at over $288,000.

there is an article by Phil laak in bluff either this month or last month (brunson on cover) where he says that 300-600 100 is the highest he has ever played. He said he normally plays 50-100 or 100-200. He was genuinely excited to play against these guys and recorded his largest win ever at over $288,000.
yes he was playing a little scared but he managed to win which hopefully gave him confidence so he will play even better next timeI still dont like the Mouth thoughHe is very annoying and I love when DN picks on him bc he just annoys meMatusow is playing scared because its not his money! You even hear DN say something about Mike being broke or playing with someone elses moneyBut I reallly enjoy HSP bc of hearing the players talk and stuffI was watching PPT i think it was last week and the announcers just talk over the players but i think its interesting sometimes to listen to them

i thought laak played well, a little conservative at times, but theres nothing wrong with that. Matasow is just a moron, with so much great poker going on in the show they dont need him around for his talking and 'entertainment value'. The player ive been most impressed with on the show though is Antonio i think from what we've seen he's been playing some really good poker.