PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comUTG ($44.30)MP ($51.15)CO ($50)Button ($109.95)Hero (SB) ($51.45)BB ($50)Preflop: Hero is SB with :ts, :5c1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Button calls $1.50, Hero raises to $7, BB calls $6.50, 2 foldsFlop: ($17) :qh, :club:, :4h(2 players)Hero bets $9, BB calls $9Turn: ($35) :3h(2 players)Hero ??This is the BB's first hand at the table and he is unknown to me.I have $34 left on the turn.

3-bet size seems fine preflop.Flop bet sucks balls, though. I bet ~14 and don't fold anywhere in the hand. I don't mind c/c'ing down from the turn if you think he'll bluff at it, or v-bet worse.

3-bet size seems fine preflop.Flop bet sucks balls, though. I bet ~14 and don't fold anywhere in the hand. I don't mind c/c'ing down from the turn if you think he'll bluff at it, or v-bet worse.
agreed

Preflop is perfect imo.Normally, flop bet would be fine in a 3 bet pot, but on this flop a larger bet is better. I'd bet $13-$14 and probably shove shove any turn.

Ok... so I run bad... and question everything I know about this game.So we re-raise preflop from the SB here. And we reraise a rather hand defining amount.Our Flop bet looks either weak or trappy to villain and he choses to call.He's not raising or anything. He just calls.Draws? JT? AQ?How many drawing hands can he have?What are we representing when shoving the turn?Why souldnt we C/F the turn despite it being very exploitable.I probably encountered to many monsters recently.But if check and villain bets the ace I dont think it is ever a bluff. Also I really can't see him paying us if we shove unless he has precisely :club::ts or :4h :jdSCS/Zach:I can see that villains flop call very much looks like a drawing hand. But it could very well be AQ and JT looking forward to getting it in on the turn?Really correct play 2 go broke here with 1 pair everytime?

Ok let's look at this hand in the opponents perspective. If i had a nice suited connector, r to 3 x bb and the small blind rr to 14 bb I would ALWAYS call because that move sreams "big hand".Your pr raise is good but your flopbet could be a bit higher. Thing is you are comitting yourself to the pot on a very drawheavy board. Imo the os ace is no scarecard for you but a scarecard for your opponent. So I would bet this turn but...-If you check on the turn chances are your opponent will check behind for a free card.-If you check and villain bets out big I would say fold.-If you check and your opponent bets small I would call. If a non scared river comes you can opt to raise all in or check call, whatever feels best for you. Reraising the turn all in would be a mistake because your opponent will call most of the time even if he is on a draw. If the river completes 1 or 2 draws you can always save yourself some bets by folding or calling a small raise in stead of going allin.Jan

Turn: ($35)This is the BB's first hand at the table and he is unknown to me.I have $34 left on the turn.
Three things: one ----> Turn: ($35)two ----> This is the BB's first hand at the table and he is unknown to me.three --> I have $34 left on the turn.EDIT: Oh, and bet more on the flop.

2 things - 1) Since this is a 3 bet pot, villain is less likely to have a draw, although not impossible.2) We have a psb on the turn, not folding an over pair to an unknown. If we had bet a little more on the flop, turn shove would be even easier.

As said earlier by a lot of people flop bet is horrible. That's a drawy board that hits a lot of pair + draw combos, top pairs, etc. We want big bets and to get it in, betting small and getting called is the worst thing that can happen.Your reraise pf is to a good size though IMO. I'd make it a tad smaller in position.

I hate your 3bet size PF. I haaaaaaaatttteeee your bet size on the flop. 3bet more PF. Bet at least 12 on the flop. As played, I would c/f the turn.I think this is the correct response. We have to 3 bet more PF. Villian only has to call 6.50 to win 17.00. PF raise should be in the range of 12-14.

Turn is c/f. We can't call two streets OOP with what amounts to 2nd pair. A high flush draws and A8, A9, AQ, aren;t out of the question. The mistake is made earlier though, and then the turn becomes a non-factor

ty for the response. If this was a tournament do you play it the same?
It's so different, there's almost no comparing at all. What are the blinds? What is my M?When is the next level coming? Where is the bubble? What do I know about the villain? What has the table played like in the past four orbits?