$100nl Stars Fr: Weird Spot With Snowmen

Only had 18 hands on Villain and he's running 33/5 fwiw.Preflop: Standard raise hereFlop: I have to bet here to protect my hand on this really drawy board. My mistake here is that maybe I didn't bet enough. $14-15 may have been a better bet.Turn: When Villain flatted the flop, his range is basically overpairs, combo overcards + flush draw, naked flush draws, nut flush draw, straightdraws, sets, 2-pairs and the random bizarro hand. The Ace was a bad card as it promoted his nutflush draw hands into winning hands. For the overpairs in his range, the only one that I beat is 77, so I am behind the overpair part of his range. Against sets and 2-pairs, I am crushed. So against his range, I am only ahead of his naked flush draws, straightdraws and the random bizarro hand.So I decided to check and his $17 bet really confused me. After his bet, he has $35 left and it could either be him trying to bluff cheaply (but what hands would he want to bluff with here that I beat?), or more likely, he was putting out a sucker bet for me.I am so confused here...Help!PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comBB ($103.45)UTG ($143)Hero (UTG+1) ($121.15)MP1 ($100.90)MP2 ($26.20)CO ($76.55)Button ($68.90)SB ($105.50)Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8 :4h, 8 :club:1 fold, Hero raises to $4, 1 fold, MP2 calls $4, 1 fold, Button calls $4, 1 fold, BB calls $3Flop: ($16.50) 6 :3h, 3 :qh, 4 :ts(4 players)BB checks, Hero bets $13, 1 fold, Button calls $13, 1 foldTurn: ($42.50) A :5c(2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $17, Hero??

I disagree that villains range includes all overpairs. Wouldn't most players raise this flop with 77+? Even if they didn't repop it preflop... (ya, 33/5 or whatever...)
I have seen a lot of players flat behind with overpairs - I am no longer surprised when it occurs since it happens so often.Preflop, I usually go $3.5 until the hijack at which point I'll go $3 so I'm sorta in Donk's camp that I don't like to go $4 especially since I open more pots then standard.I would check/fold the turn. The main reason is due to the fact that three players called your preflop raise so it's more likely that the flop hit one of them hard. Villain could be on a draw but that ace stunk as a turn card for the reasons that you mentioned. Second option would be to Bet/Fold or if he flats behind on the turn then check/fold the river. Betting the turn isn't bad as that ace could easily have hit your hand too in his mind but I like that play better if there was only one player that went with you to the flop.
Bet/fold turn. Consider raising only $3/$3.5 in EP at a FR table for pot control and easier decisions.
How much would you say I should bet out on the turn? On the turn, there is $42 in the pot and Villain only has $50 left. I think his stack size is too small for bet/fold to be a profitable line.
Preflop, I usually go $3.5 until the hijack at which point I'll go $3 so I'm sorta in Donk's camp that I don't like to go $4 especially since I open more pots then standard.
As for preflop raise sizing, I do vary it between either $3 or $4. Basically depends on my mood. If I'm feeling aggressive, I'll open more for $3. If I'm nitty, then it's $3. I don't do $3.50 as it's annoying to type out the bet amount.