No reads on villain, I am multitabling and I don't recall any remarkable hands will him. Should I fire this turn or is a check OK looking to get a cheap showdown? What do we think of the donkbet on the river after the passive play on the flop and turn? Am I getting the correct odds to call?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comCO ($9.65)Button ($7.90)SB ($11.90)BB ($9.35)UTG ($11.60)UTG+1 ($10.25)MP1 ($2.60)Hero (MP2) ($10)Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K :4h, Q :qh3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, 1 foldFlop: ($0.90) K :club:, A :ts, 5 :5c(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets $0.60, SB calls $0.60Turn: ($2.10) 8 :D(2 players)SB checks, Hero checksRiver: ($2.10) 10 :3h(2 players)SB bets $0.70, Hero ?

Instacall. Sure he could be donking QJ, or block betting with a weak ace (or two pair like KT), but the most obvious draw missed (diamonds) and you're getting fantastic odds to call here. Don't EXPECT to win when you call; more often than not he'll show you some stupid A9 type hand. But you only need to win once 1/4 times to breakeven. Once you check the turn, which is fine, you set him up to make a play at the pot on the river. So when he does you cannot fold.

Instacall. Sure he could be donking QJ, or block betting with a weak ace (or two pair like KT), but the most obvious draw missed (diamonds) and you're getting fantastic odds to call here. Don't EXPECT to win when you call; more often than not he'll show you some stupid A9 type hand. But you only need to win once 1/4 times to breakeven. Once you check the turn, which is fine, you set him up to make a play at the pot on the river. So when he does you cannot fold.
ThisVillain could have a busted draw or nothing and figures that he only has to win 1/3 to make his bet a good play. As a followup, what would be the biggest bet amount here from villain that we would call? I probably call up to $1.05 since he's an unknown.

Do we like betting the turn more than checking given that we'll be able to check behind on the end and we charge all draws?As played I like what try said.

ThisVillain could have a busted draw or nothing and figures that he only has to win 1/3 to make his bet a good play. As a followup, what would be the biggest bet amount here from villain that we would call? I probably call up to $1.05 since he's an unknown.
I don't think I call any more than like $1.05 here. Need at least 3:1 to make it marginal, but 4:1 is favorable imo.
Do we like betting the turn more than checking given that we'll be able to check behind on the end and we charge all draws?As played I like what try said.I don't think I call any more than like $1.05 here. Need at least 3:1 to make it marginal, but 4:1 is favorable imo.
^^^^^^^^ You've all done the thinking for me.
Do we like betting the turn more than checking given that we'll be able to check behind on the end and we charge all draws?As played I like what try said.I don't think I call any more than like $1.05 here. Need at least 3:1 to make it marginal, but 4:1 is favorable imo.
I thought about betting $1.80 on the turn but to accomplish what? Yes, charge the draws but am I going to get a relatively weak A to fold or am I going to get value out of a weaker hand than mine? It just kind of felt like pot bloating in a marginal situation. I might also have been affected by an aggrodonk monkey spewtard performance I had at the end of a relatively long session on Monday and playing tighter than I should have as a result.
I thought about betting $1.80 on the turn but to accomplish what? Yes, charge the draws but am I going to get a relatively weak A to fold or am I going to get value out of a weaker hand than mine? It just kind of felt like pot bloating in a marginal situation. I might also have been affected by an aggrodonk monkey spewtard performance I had at the end of a relatively long session on Monday and playing tighter than I should have as a result.
Yes, the draws.
You charge the draws while simultaneously getting value out of all worse hands that call. People will call you here with worse kings/and stupid draws at 10nl because they have trouble folding pairs as a generality.The benefits of betting the turn are: You charge draws and worse kings, you can check behind on the end when he has you beat (or doesn't) because most people who are calling you down usually don't lead the river after calling two streets with just a bad TP, you avoid blindly paying off bets on the river because you've underrepped your hand on the turn by checking (which gives the villain the idea that you might not have anything), you save yourself from calling a bigger river bet on the end than the bet you might have made on the turn (not in this case obv since he bet so little, but generally, especially with the advent of the 'pot' button).Negatives: Increase the pot size, which is not necessarily bad given that he may not have you beat, occasionally you slightly valuetown yourself.Benefits of checking the turn: You get him to bluff the river occasionally, you keep the pot small.Negatives: All of the positives of betting the turn are lost.:club: