lhe - j j , big action pf, what would you do?

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is CO with [Jc], [Jh]. 4 folds, MP2 folds, Hero ???I wanna know what you folks think here. This table went from 45% to flop to about 27% in the 20 mins leading up to this hand. Now it's a typical passive PS 1/2 table. This was the first 3-bet I'd seen all night, much less a cap. So what to do here with JJ?Reads are defaults, this is the first pot I remember playing with either of these two, but I don't remember either of them raising PF before this hand.Results to come... (no really this time)Jeff

i'd call, i'll call a cap with jacks. like Kdawg said..if you hit a set your gold and if you miss you can just fold..you have position too.

call and look to fold the flop if you don't hit a set
Can you stay if you flop a straight draw or something?
Well yea stay if it comes 89T, hell stay if it comes 789, you're gonna get roughly14-1 if you an see it for one bet.

Ok, that seems like a consensus.I folded. In retrospect, I do beleive it was a slightly -EV fold if you take implied odds into consideration. OTOH, there needs to be some consideration for set over set or some other outdraw and the possibility of losing a LOT of money in this pot. Granted, those are longer shots, but then again, I reasoned the following:1) I have only 1 BB in this pot now. I am SURE I am beat by one of these guys. Why play catchup with only two players in the pot?2) I may flop big and yet get outflopped or outdrawn losing an even bigger pot.3) They are passive players so assuming I do flop a set, I am unlikely to win a huge pot (though again, a substantial enough one to probably make this +EV) [ note the turn checks ] 4) I hate JJ :-)If MP2 had called I would have been in there in a second. When he folded, I decided the pot wasn't big enough to play catchup and folded. The pot ended up being 9.5BB so it was a -EV fold for sure in this instance. But with the above reasoning, I don't feel too bad about it. Any thoughts?JeffResults:Stars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converterPreflop: Hero is CO with [Jc], [Jh]. 4 folds, MP2 folds, Hero folds, SB calls.Flop: (11 SB) [6h], [5h], [Ts] (2 players)SB bets, SB calls.Turn: (7.50 BB) [6d] (2 players)SB checks, BB checks.River: (7.50 BB) [2h] (2 players)SB bets, BB calls.Final Pot: 9.50 BB