Whatarunaa Fold At Ft Of Sunday Mil

5 people left, WhatArunAA has ~12mil and is in BB, bayleesmom at or near chip lead with ~20milbayleesmom raises in first position 3x bb, everyone folds around, and WhatArunAA then folds AQ. I am genuinely interested in why WhatArunAA folded there. Was it because his stack size was too big to push all in, but he didnt want to raise and commit himself either? Was it just tournament strategy...trying to wait till other people knock themselves out? What was the reason behind not even calling?I'm not trying to critique his play, I know he is a great player, I'm just wondering about the thought process - It might help me fix the holes in my game. Maybe WhatArunAA can even comment on the play himself.What do you guys think?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok.. Reason why I folded might we weird/nitty/bad..Baylees mom had been playin redic solid and redic bad.. I honestly felt like a UTG raise from him was like any pair and AQ+ and I felt like he was never folding to my shove.. he did alot of spewy shit like call 3 bets cold.. etc etc.... I felt like if I could avoid a coin flip with 20 bbs that I could find a better spot.. aka resteealing cronic with pretty much any 2.. etc etc.. Almost any other player and obv its a standard ship but I really felt like baylees wasnt folding and I think I play a really good <20 bb stack... I felt it woulda been a marginal get it in situation and I was hoping to find a better spot... Might be backwards/ awrfull .. etc.. but I thought holdin out there would give me a better chance at winning the tourney. I havent seen the replay... I heard he had AJ?

Ok.. Reason why I folded might we weird/nitty/bad..Baylees mom had been playin redic solid and redic bad.. I honestly felt like a UTG raise from him was like any pair and AQ+ and I felt like he was never folding to my shove.. he did alot of spewy shit like call 3 bets cold.. etc etc.... I felt like if I could avoid a coin flip with 20 bbs that I could find a better spot.. aka resteealing cronic with pretty much any 2.. etc etc.. Almost any other player and obv its a standard ship but I really felt like baylees wasnt folding and I think I play a really good <20 bb stack... I felt it woulda been a marginal get it in situation and I was hoping to find a better spot... Might be backwards/ awrfull .. etc.. but I thought holdin out there would give me a better chance at winning the tourney. I havent seen the replay... I heard he had AJ?
A8...ty for the response

certainly don't mind a fold here at all.. after seeing how batshit this guy was though obviously it sucks, but if TJ didn't know that at the time I think he should fold.

with the read he had this isnt that bad of a fold. his opp had been playing tight and at his point of the tourney there was no reason to risk it all with aq. he is behind 22, afterall. tjs read was fairly accurate (even though it ended up being wrong in the end) and id probably have made that same decision 1/2 the time.

5handed. big blinds. not even calling 3x with AQ (or raising small, big) terrible fold. unless u got a super super sick read, which usually means live poker and not online.insert herm edwards quote here >

5handed. big blinds. not even calling 3x with AQ (or raising small, big) terrible fold. unless u got a super super sick read, which usually means live poker and not online.insert herm edwards quote here >
lol.
(Hopefully the longest response for a misclick ever)
If everyone plays by the same math rules we all lose to the rake.
FYP
You might be my new favorite poster. You have just unleashed a string of gems over the past couple of weeks.And the best part is that people keep sig quoting them, so I can read them again and again and again and again.....

I have situations in poker whereby I 'just don't know.' I'm thinking for a while and the other players are picking up my weakness with my delayed reaction. In the end I usually just fold.This might have happened here.

do you offer coaching?

Lol at a lot of you. I doubt most of you jumping down dscoot's throat fold AQ there. I know I don't. TJ's reasoning is sound though, and there's a reason why he's better than me and most of you. (also yes I know dscoot is a moran, but there's better spots to flame him than for not folding AQ in this situation).

keep in mind guys.. if he were to 3 bet here like many of you are suggesting, he would be turning his hand into a bluff, as he wouldn't be getting called/4bet by worse.

Lol at a lot of you. I doubt most of you jumping down dscoot's throat fold AQ there. I know I don't. TJ's reasoning is sound though, and there's a reason why he's better than me and most of you. (also yes I know dscoot is a moran, but there's better spots to flame him than for not folding AQ in this situation).
I fold AQ there...and I am worse than TJ and you!!!As for the bolded. Would one of those better spots to flame Dscoot be...I shove the hijack w/ 10's I believe. Button or cutoff iso-reshoves. Dscoot on button or sb (I forgot who was where, but position is meaningless obv) TIME BANK TANKS WITH HIS 10 BB STACK AND DECIDES...YES...MY AK IS INDEED GOOD ENOUGH TO GET IN HERE.If I didn't witness this play....and his subsequent explanation of why he needed to time bank WITH 10 BB'S AND AK...then I wouldn't flame him as he tries to tell TJ...WITH 20 BB'S AND AQ...that it's a terrible fold.Don't go there with me sister or else we will have another limerick war!!!

im a firm believer in the comment , "wait for a better spot"if your a 70pct favorite to beat someone in general, why take an allin with them at 66/34 ? your giving them the edge.however, that comment usually applies to the start of a tourny, hour1 of a tourny, hour2 of a tourny, or even near the final table bubble shorthanded. but 5handed, how many better spots are you gonna find? time is almost out.

im a firm believer in the comment , "wait for a better spot"if your a 70pct favorite to beat someone in general, why take an allin with them at 66/34 ? your giving them the edge.however, that comment usually applies to the start of a tourny, hour1 of a tourny, hour2 of a tourny, or even near the final table bubble shorthanded. but 5handed, how many better spots are you gonna find? time is almost out.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHABWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH