It's Only Been 25 Years....(official Brewers Thread)

....since my team made the postseason.Right now, a winning record is a success to me. But winning the very weak NL Central would be incredible.But I've seen this story before, and it crashes after the All-Star break. Anyways....GO BREW CREW!James Jerry Hardy for MVP.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are playing well. However if the Cardinals and Cubs get healthy, as well as the Astros playing like they are capable of then the Brew Crew could be in for a fight.

The Cubs are playing a lot better already. Marquis was perfect through 5 1/3 today, he's pitched much better than I thought he would this season. I think Soriano has longest hitting streak in NL currently, now that J.J's ended today.

Their starting 5 is pretty damn solid, and I like their young bats too. They should take that division easily.Also, I love their retro logo:MilwaukeeBrewers_PL_1970-1984.jpg

I'm definitely a Brewers fan. A good friend of mine in college loved them, and of course they were terrible, so I'm glad that they're finally winning. I mean, with Tony Gwynn Jr. and Prince Fielder, how can they lose?Pretty funny article:http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/baseba...wers-240318.phpbrewersmustaches.jpg

Just wait till Gallardo gets called up. Hes gonna make their rotation even better. I picked this team to win the NL Central at the beginning of the season and think they have a better team than both the Cards and Cubs.

I have a man crush on JJ Hardy. Ben Sheets and I broke up, though...

The Brewers are solid this year. As Cards fan, I ultimately want to the Cards to take the division. However, since I don't see that happening this year, better the Brew Crew than the Cubs, am I right?

• 2 weeks later...
*rubs eyes*They're actually leading against the Braves. Maybe the bleeding finally stops.
Holy fukking ****. Nice win from Ben Sheets after that rough first inning.

I'm heading to Lollapalooza in Chicago this summer and decided to catch a Brewers game. What is up with the ticket availability? Do locals not go to games? I found seats against the Mets 15 rows behind first base. In Seattle, even when we suck you're lucky to get seats that close to the field. Sell out that pretty new stadium boys.

Brewers finally win a series. Sheets and Capuano pitched very well over the weekend, even though Crapellan blew it Saturday.Brewers/Cubs starting tomorrow, doesn't get better.

Words can't describe disappointment from last night.Sheets throws a great outing, insurance runs in the 9th, CoCo retires first two batters, flood gates open.Basically that's what the last month and a half has felt like.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Justin Verlander,Thanks for delivering us the no-hitter. It was the last thing we thought would end the terrible play from our team.The Milwaukee Brewers

• 3 weeks later...

We needed these last 2 wins.Go Brew Crew. If we make it into the postseason, this city of Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin as a whole is going to be the drunkest place on earth come Sept/Oct.

• 3 weeks later...

And it is on.Brewers/Cubs 1 game apart.WE NEED SHEETS BACK. While they're at it, toss Capuano back to the minors. Rotation should be Sheets, Bush, Gallardo, Suppan, Vargas.

Something tells me the Brewers are going to crash... HARD. Just the young team, fighting in the dugout, if it comes down to the last few weeks I don't know if the Brew Crew can hang in there, and it pains me to say that as a Cards fan, unless of course we get hot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm almost given up on this team. The way they've played the last month is beyond attrocius.Ben Sheets coming back in a couple weeks is not gonna fix anything. For all I know, they'll crash and finish below .500 yet again.My rooting interest is slowly going to the Cardinals to keep the Cubs from winning the division.

I hope we can get something going here quick. At least we end the season with 7 games at home. I know we are crossing out fingers here, but I'm soooo hoping to see some playoff games in Milwaukee. I've been going to games for 27 years now... I was too young to really remember anything from my early years. Come on Crew!