Protege Collusion? Must Read For Protege Qualifiers

PROTEGE COLLUSION?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Protege 2 Seat 5 stage 3 ($320),and/or final qualifiers have 2/10 seats filled by brothers?

• Yes let 2/10 seats be played with by brothers-they won't cheat
    • No way 2/10 seats should be filled by brothers-they might cheat.
    • Yes let 2/10 seats be played with by brothers-as long as FCP bob says he will watch for collusion
  2. 2. Even with FCP bob watching, Do you think the brothers would still collude just very carefully?

• YES
    • NO
  3. 3. Is the integrity of the seat and the protege promo in question if the brothers play together in the Seat 5 final Qualifier?

• YES
    • NO

JUST WONDERING WHAT YALL THOUGHT?Shamat and Berg have both Qualified for the seat 5 final Qualifier and I just dont know if its right? I am only one voice though.DOS

JUST WONDERING WHAT YALL THOUGHT?Shamat and Berg have both Qualified for the seat 5 final Qualifier and I just dont know if its right? I am only one voice though.DOS
just taking a guess here did you finish second to one of the brothers in one of the 320s

Meh, I dont care, only 1 can win it. and I dont think shamat wants to lose this time around, and i doubt his bro wants to give up his chance.my guess is they will end up knockin one or the other out., so its probably for the best

JUST WONDERING WHAT YALL THOUGHT?
Here's what I think... Unless there is some prior evidence that they cheated, why is this even an issue??? Do you have siblings? I do, an I know that I'd be gunning harder for them b/c of pride, bragging rights, etc. Frankly I think this is a shitty thing to bring up just because you "have a hunch," or think "they might."

Did they collude and/or cheat to get the seats?If not, how could it be just to take something they each rightfully won away from them simply due to the potential for collusion?Let the men receive the prize they won and play in the tournament. The integrity of the promotion would only be called into question because of this if they didn't let them play.

Here's what I think... Unless there is some prior evidence that they cheated, why is this even an issue??? Do you have siblings? I do, an I know that I'd be gunning harder for them b/c of pride, bragging rights, etc. Frankly I think this is a shitty thing to bring up just because you "have a hunch," or think "they might."
QFT
yeah, the Mizrachi brothers shouldn't be allowed to enter the same tournament either.yeesh, how ridiculous.
Or Tuan & Nam LeOr the Brenes brothers or Annie Duke/Howard LedererNuke the couples while you're at it too - Laak/Tilly, the Jetts, Jennifer/MarcoFather/son teams like the Brunsons are out too

The question of potential collusion is a legitimate one but in this case I feel very comfortable that it isn't happening for the following reasons.1. It's much more likely that players who have a close relationship with each other might cheat where the relationship isn't known. The fact that shahmat and berg are Brothers has never been a secret. I've met them both in Toronto and in Las Vegas during the first Protege and the World Series.2. I've watched the tournaments that they've played in together and there has been no sign of anything that concerns me. Please remember that the hand histories that I see show all the hole cards.3. They're from Saskatoon. People from Saskatoon don't know how to cheat, it's genetically bred out of them.

Or Tuan & Nam LeOr the Brenes brothers or Annie Duke/Howard LedererNuke the couples while you're at it too - Laak/Tilly, the Jetts, Jennifer/MarcoFather/son teams like the Brunsons are out too
LMAO!!
3. They're from Saskatoon. People from Saskatoon don't know how to cheat, it's genetically bred out of them.
LMAO AGAIN!!! I have played with of these guys in the same Protege tournament(s) and was never given reason to suspect a thing. Too bad for us, we have to Bergen brothers to beat.

From what I've seen, both players are trustworthy and I would have NO problem with both of them playing a one table SNG with me for whatever stakes it happens to be.Info_Bob is da man!to the OP:How ****ing dare you call out two solid players at FCP without any evidence or even a suspision of collusion. I hate cheaters almost as much as people making groundless assumptions about someone who MIGHT cheat in the future.shame on you!

Live tournys and online tournys are differant for family to be playing together. MTT and SNG are differant for family to play in..IMO. Yes family members should be able to play together in LIVE tournys and MTT where they are not sitting together, and where they are not able to phone eachother there whole cards. Anyone who made a comment about brothers playing in LIVE MTT is a moron. It is differant where 2/10 people are borthers and theoretically they could be on the phone with eachother.Either Im very paranoid or yall are a bunch of idiots. But wether you people want to admit or not there are people who cheat and collude on internet poker. The fact that Berg and Sol prob dont cheat doesnt mean that they couldnt be. These appear to be 2 honest brothers after hearing yall opinions on them but i wouldnt put it past another two brothers to collude in the same situation.For anybody to think otherwise is someone that wants and needs to be taken advantage of. DOS

to the OP:How ****ing dare you call out two solid players at FCP without any evidence or even a suspision of collusion. I hate cheaters almost as much as people making groundless assumptions about someone who MIGHT cheat in the future.shame on you!
Thats an unfair statement - he DID NOT call them out - he simple expressed a concern. If he doesnt not know either of the players its a legitimate concern and I am sure his mind is more at ease now after Bob's reply.I too have met both brothers and would not be concerned with this at all. To the OP - you have no worries.
Live tournys and online tournys are differant for family to be playing together. MTT and SNG are differant for family to play in..IMO. Yes family members should be able to play together in LIVE tournys and MTT where they are not sitting together, and where they are not able to phone eachother there whole cards. Anyone who made a comment about brothers playing in LIVE MTT is a moron. It is differant where 2/10 people are borthers and theoretically they could be on the phone with eachother.Either Im very paranoid or yall are a bunch of idiots. But wether you people want to admit or not there are people who cheat and collude on internet poker. The fact that Berg and Sol prob dont cheat doesnt mean that they couldnt be. These appear to be 2 honest brothers after hearing yall opinions on them but i wouldnt put it past another two brothers to collude in the same situation.For anybody to think otherwise is someone that wants and needs to be taken advantage of. DOS
dictionary.com should be your friend. Please, just stop.SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU!

I met Sol and Robin in Vegas.Not only were they some very shady characters, and easily capable of collusion, I even think one of them might have been into drugs, what with his dreadlocked hair and all.OP, drive fast and take chances.

I met Sol and Robin in Vegas.Not only were they some very shady characters, and easily capable of collusion, I even think one of them might have been into drugs, what with his dreadlocked hair and all.OP, drive fast and take chances.
LOL. Thanks for making me laugh this morning. I wouldn't trust them either. I mean, they have to be up to something playing that short handed event and out lasting all of those pros at the WSOP. Seriously, these guys are awesome players.
Exactly