Official English Premier League Thread

ding ding ding. we have another winner. earnshaw is a goal machine. fwiw, by all accounts Ferdinand was absolutely absymal at Brentford and it was a huge shock to all at the club when he became a prolific goal scorer.next question:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?Its not Earnshaw.
Hmm getting trickier. I'll go for Ian Wright. He played for Crystal Palace in the Championship, Arsenal in the Premiership (and by extension the European competitions), was an England international and played for Burnley in League 1, right at the very end. Not too confident this time as i'm sure his time at Arsenal was before they regularly competed in the Champions league.
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English Premiership has started.Chelsea has already lost to Liverpool, but they never beat liverpool. I'm pulling for Newcastle. This saturday should say alot.What're your thoughts?
Newcastle aren't in the Premiership lol
any more answers to the latest question. i'll reveal the answer tomorrow evening. anyone else got any quiz questions?
Andy Cole? Probs not, but he's played for loads of clubs.I have a question: Who has scored a hat-trick in a game, but still lost the game? (player and club, please)So... what's people's thoughts on the league so far this season? I think it's been one of, if not the, best Premiership season so far. Loads of goals, upsets, good football, and a better standard imo by a few of the mid-table/lower clubs, like Sunderland and Villa who're looking like they could push the top 5 and beat anyone on their day. Wigan and Everton are improving... a little inconsistent, but looking good. And then teams like Stoke and Burnley are also catching the eye at times and it'll be interesting to see how they get on further down the line. Obviously the emergence of Man City as a genuine top 4 contender is an interesting one too. I've actually quite enjoyed watching City in the games I've seen them this season, Bellamy has been fantastic for them.And Liverpool? Are they missing Alonso that much, or will they come good and get back into the top 4? Massive week for them coming up... they have Lyon and Man Utd next. If they lose both of those games, it really could be crisis time at Anfield. If they win them both, then people will quickly move on I think, and Liverpool will be right back in the hunt.Chelsea have shown a few unexpected weeknesses too. Is their squad just starting to show it's age at times? It's full of quality, but I'm not sure they're going to win the league this year (they were my pre-season pick)./end ramblings!
2njg5tl.gif
Greatest .gif ever...Greatest non-call ever? Certainly ****ed Liverpool's season up. Sunderland played great, though.And, yes, it's been an exciting season so far. Lots of crazy results/upsets and quite a few turnarounds on the overall table.Man City vs Wigan was interesting, in that Man City didn't dominate like I thought they might, but showed resilience by getting back the tie after Wigan went in front.
I have a question: Who has scored a hat-trick in a game, but still lost the game? (player and club, please)
Its happened plenty of times in the course of history but in the Premiership its happened twice. Dwight Yorke scored a hatrick for Villa against Newcastle (lost 4-3) and Roque Santa Cruz, for Blackburn versus Wigan (lost 5-3).

I've got a question, actually its more of a challenge. Name every team that has competed in the Premiership since it started in 1992/93. You have 5 mins from pressing reply to topic and obviously cannot check other internet sites. Also try not to peek at anyone elses answers. So for the sake of the competition as soon as you read this message press reply to topic.

I'll got 1st! ArsenalBlackburnWolvesManchester United Manchester CityChelseaWiganStokePortsmouthLiverpoolEvertonSunderlandWest HamBurnleyAston VillaBirminghamSouthamptonMiddlesboroNewcaslteNorwichOldhamWimbledonNotts ForrestBradford CityQPRDerbyTottenhamLeeds UnitedBolton WIpswichReading

Liverpool :club: Great goal by Bent today... nice assist by a balloon too.
Liverpool looked like crap anyway. They are going to need to play so much better just to finish in the top 4.
I've got a question, actually its more of a challenge. Name every team that has competed in the Premiership since it started in 1992/93. You have 5 mins from pressing reply to topic and obviously cannot check other internet sites. Also try not to peek at anyone elses answers. So for the sake of the competition as soon as you read this message press reply to topic.
Ok here goes. i have until 21.41 by my computer clock:ArsenalAston VillaBlackburnBoltonBirmingamChelseaManchester UnitedManchester CityLiverpoolTottenhamEvertonFulhamWiganHullWest HamSunderlandBurnleyPortsmouthStokeOldhamCoventrySheffield WednesdaySheffield UnitedWimbledonNewcastleLeedsNorwichCharltonSouthamptonBradfordWatfordMiddlesboroughWest BromNottingham ForestReadingQueens Park RangersCrystal Palace-edit-just checked, i think i only missed 5. Wolves (doh!), Leicester, Derby, Ipswich and Barnsley
next question:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?Its not Earnshaw.
Just realised that i mistyped my question so i'll extend the answer for a couple of days - proper question is:which player has played in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and the conference plus International, Champions League and UEFA Cup?i should proof read in future!

Poor by United.In a strange way, it was a bad time to play Liverpool. They knew they had to get something here to save their season... we were unable to respond.Still, I guess it's good for the Premiership and the season in general. Surprised to see Arsenal blow a 2 goal lead against West Ham too.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Everyone must be playing poker these days as this thread hasn't been updated in over a year!Just popped in to talk about how tight the relegation battle is this year. Only 3 points separating Wigan at the bottom at Blackburn in 13th! By the time someone replies to this the season will probably be over!

• 7 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Pretty amazing the man utd could come off the bottom of the premier league if they beat liverpool next monday haha. 2 most winningest teams in english football history in a bottom of the table dog fight hehe. sportsbetting3.com does not give ten haag very long. like the cunha move in terms of the player but position is ridiculous, man utd dont need another central player behind the striker.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 2:06 PM, KfrostoX said:

Pretty amazing the man utd could come off the bottom of the premier league if they beat liverpool next monday haha. 2 most winningest teams in english football history in a bottom of the table dog fight hehe. sportsbetting3.com does not give ten haag very long. like the cunha move in terms of the player but position is ridiculous, man utd dont need another central player behind the striker.

This is their signature style - first they are at the bottom of the table, then at the top :)