** Official 2007-2008 San Jose Sharks Thread **

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo San Jose. I've been a sharks fan since they were brought into the league back in 1991, when I was 6. Plz win San Jose, I really want a Stanley Cup! Hockey experts, post anything you know about the Sharks here, since I'm a nub.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gooooooooooooooooooooooo San Jose. I've been a sharks fan since they were brought into the league back in 1991, when I was 6. Plz win San Jose, I really want a Stanley Cup! Hockey experts, post anything you know about the Sharks here, since I'm a nub.
Ummm...they're good, but the core of their defense is inexperienced. If they limit the turnovers in their own zone this year they should be primed for a big run...regardless they'll be quite good. I still don't trust Matt Carle with the puck unless he's in the offensive zone, however Vlasic is the nutz.
nub does not equal newb.nub is pronounced like tub.people who say that, I immediately despise.Sorry GeeWhiz.
lol. From wiki. Alternate spellings of Newbie:Alternate spellings include "newb," "n00b," "N00B," "noob," and "nub."
Just because people say it doesn't make it right.People say "irregardless" all the time, it doesn't make it a proper word.
No I know, it's 1337speak or leetspeak, not really "real" or "proper" just kinda like fun internet/gaming slang. Not really an issue, just fun.
Hockey experts, post anything you know about the Sharks here, since I'm a nub.
Shane Churla was the Sharks first player, he was selected 1st in the 1991 NHL Dispersal Draft, but San Jose traded him back to Minnesota ten days later.

well after laying an egg last night and stealing a point, they came out with a solid first period and well layed an egg for the most part.. nabokov shut down the nucks to save the victory. at this point in the season just get the wins.after two games I'm very impressed with Mitchell. playing some PK, using his speed, and just getting good scoring chances. first in the division woooooo! haha

• 2 weeks later...

they are pretty awful thus far.they're going to have twelve straight games against pacific division opponents. I doubt any team has ever played that many divisional games in a row before. I wonder what the most games any team has played in the division in one month.

• 2 months later...

Damn them sitting Nabakov. I'm sure they would have won with him in nets and I would have won one more category in the yahoo league. Lets hope the 1 point won't make a difference for me in the end. Good to see Marleau picking it up though. Watched the game against Toronto and he played well. 3 points in 2 games isn't much but hopefully he keeps it up.

Damn them sitting Nabakov. I'm sure they would have won with him in nets and I would have won one more category in the yahoo league. Lets hope the 1 point won't make a difference for me in the end. Good to see Marleau picking it up though. Watched the game against Toronto and he played well. 3 points in 2 games isn't much but hopefully he keeps it up.
Ya way to go. I have the f'n back up but didn't expect him to start today!
who knows what would've happened.all I know is that the first goal (I think it was the first) where they scored when greiss couldn't get up, and the last one through the five hole were pretty weak
I thought he played alright. That glove save on Perry was nifty.
  • 2 weeks later...