Question For The "online Pro's"

I hate to start one of the countless "omg the sky is falling" threads, but I've tried brushing off this whole online poker ban for a while already, and now I'm actually thinking we're screwed.. at least for a year or two..I've been talking to a lot of successful players on AIM and stuff, everyone seems confused, no one knows what their plans are if infact online poker does go to sh*t...This is mainly directed to guys like me, who ONLY play poker and depend on it for their income. I know this sucks for everyone, but its obviously not nearly as big a hit for the recreational player as it is for the online pros . So my question is, What are your plans for the next couple of years if you can't play online poker anymore (by this I include the posibility, that online poker is still somehow playable because of loop holes but the fish stop depositing out of fear and the games dry up) ? I ask this because I am debating on what to do so that I have an actual plan for the worst case senario. Anyway, my plans aren't 100% but I think I have two reasonable options and a few less realistic options.My first two would be to:A) move to Mexico and keep playing online, whatever games/small tourneys I can find until I can grind out a big enough roll to comfortably travel the live tourney circuit and play small events/sats/cash games. I would hate to see the games go dry online, but I think that the games will still be profitable wiith all the euro's etc..B-) Take my roll, get a place in LA and grind out the live cash games every day, I'd probably have to get efficient at LHE again, and maybe mixed games because I don't like the NL games that much in LA...Im OBV not doing anything drastic for the next few months but I do want to have a "quick fix" if anything serious happens soon.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not as professional as either of you, but my plan is to go to Buffalo nearly every weekend now and stay with some friends I have up there and play 12-18 hours a week.I'm pretty scared about the situation right now.

On a serious note, my options are limited.I have a serious gf and we are moving in together in April, so leaving Chicago is out of the question. If everything goes to complete **** (which I still highly doubt), then I guess I will have to get a 9-5. I do have a college degree so I have a few options. I would probably end up getting a job in trading since it translates so well to poker. Also, going to law school could be an option.I pretty much hate live poker (unless its a WPT or WSOP tourney), so grinding live cash games for a fraction of what I'm making now doesn't really appeal to me all that much.Regardless, we have to remember that just because Neteller closed, it doesnt mean that online poker is gone forever. This could just be a stumbling block. It is going to be very difficult for the US government to shut down every online bank that is allowing transfers to online gaming sites.

move to canada play online
ugh he wants to move to mexico youre telling him to move to canada youre insane. warm weather + tequilla + tacos vscold weather + hockey + "dont cha know eh"hmmmm
grinding live cash games for a fraction of what I'm making now.
This is the truly scary part.
ugh he wants to move to mexico youre telling him to move to canada youre insane. warm weather + tequilla + tacos vscold weather + hockey + "dont cha know eh"hmmmm
You should visit Vancouver

Honestly though, what's wrong with you guys just storing your role online, and just getting Stars/Tilt/etc to send you checks when you want your cut?I mean, it's not illegal to play poker, right?And the banks are still processing checks?I really don't see why everyone is freaking out.

Honestly though, what's wrong with you guys just storing your role online, and just getting Stars/Tilt/etc to send you checks when you want your cut?I mean, it's not illegal to play poker, right?And the banks are still processing checks?I really don't see why everyone is freaking out.
games drying up is what were worried about.
games drying up is what were worried about.
move to canadalol, but seriously, you are right.. but party dried up and the games are still ok there, i cant see them losign allt heir business, tehres still a lot of drunk euros.. just move your rolls to sites like willhill/etc
Have you guys ever looked into becoming Canadian citizens? It's not that easy.
its easy if theyre not eh-rabsor, ill need a roommate (s) in sept. and ccould accomodate some degenerates