Calstate Poker 2K Me Interesting Hand

CalState Poker Championship ME $2080.Villain is SoiNguyen who sits on my immediately left.We've been battling BvB 3 times, he out flopped me twice; the immediate last time BvB, (effective stack 14k) I made it 525 from SB with 78o, he flat, I bet 750 on T85r flop, he raised to 2k, I call, turn 5o, he bet 4k, I c/r shove 12k (I definitely read him wrong here and thought he fold all of his one pair/J9 ), he quickly folded T8o face up. After the hand, he seemed to realize it was a bad fold and played aggressively.This hand, 100/200/25, I opened CO to 525 with QsTs, he 3bet to 1625 (this is the first time he 3bet me and it appears he's on tilt after folding T8o, tho I didn't show the bluff). Button old local LA player tanked and flat. I have 20k, Soi 30k, old guy 14k. I was thinking to 4bet but didn't feel Soi 3bet light here. I didn't like 4bet/fold QTs so I call.Flop AcJs4s, I check, Soi bet 2100, button flat, I call.Turn 2c, Soi bet 4600, button tanks and shove 10k, I ?Any comment on each street? Thanks

Fold pre.We're going to have a dominated flush draw a portion of the time, and then we're only drawing to 3 outs. I'd fold the turn.Also, if you think Soi is tilting from the T8 fold (which that entire hand is lol) then why wouldn't he be 3betting light? I think you need to shore up your assumptions about Soi's range pre-flop and make a decision from there. If he's tilting and will 5bet shove super light, then don't 4bet. If he's not 3betting light, don't 4bet and fold instead. If he's 3betting light but will fold to a 4bet, 4bet away. The old guys range is what? Like AQ, AK and TT-QQ? or does he flat wider with pairs and a few worse AXs hands and maybe KQ etc?

Agree. I probably should have folded pre-flop.As I recall, the only reason calling preflop was because the button's flat, with ante and stack size, we were 100BB deep. But still, perhaps, fold pre is the best.I ran stove on the flop, looks like a cr shoving is +EV? I agree, turn is clearly a fold. Thanks---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 3,223,710 games 0.086 secs 37,485,000 games/secBoard: Js 4s AcDead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 43.087% 42.83% 00.26% 1380680 8320.33 { QsTs }Hand 1: 33.294% 32.85% 00.45% 1058924 14391.83 { 88+, AQo }Hand 2: 23.619% 23.22% 00.40% 748439 12954.83 { TT-22, AQs-A9s, A5s-A2s, KJs+, J9s+, T9s, 98s, AQo-ATo }

Turn is an easy fold, maybe (for sure!!) ... you would be putting 16K into 38K if Soi calls your all-in (only choice here, no flat calling) ... So the math here is not good even if your flush and 3 other Kings are good. Your only, although slim, thought here is that you could take a 12K side pot from Soi if you can actually conclude that your draw is good against him AND that he is willing to call here ... which is not a sure thing even with him leading out each street so far. So you could be putting only an effective 4K at risk in the main pot of 42K total if you are comfortable against Soi's holdings. I don't see where you should feel comfortable in this thinking and you are only holding Queen high right now. Not exactly the hand we want to go out of a tournament holding onto, is it??If As is on this 2 flush board, then maybe we feel a little better about taking the main if we hit, but are we really interested in 'maybe' winning 12K when we have to put 16K into the pot? We can only count on drawing to 3 kings here, some of which might be unavailable to us!!

I actually like the open from the CO with the QT, gonna take it right there enough times to make it a proitable play. However when Soi 3-bets I imediately hate my hand and the button's flat makes me very suspicious (especially if you say he's an old player, makes me think tight ABC poker), I fold right here. Playing out of position with a hand that is almost always dominated in a spot like this is throwing good money after bad. It's good that you're taking into account the history with the other players but even if Soi is tilting the button is not making a move here enough times to justify a 4-bet, we can find a better spot to exploit Soi's tiltage (if that's even a word lol).

I wouldn't expect him to be 3 betting lightly here (early in the tourney, sized it pretty large, hadn't seen him show this type of aggression, button vs cutoff... etc...). wish the old guy in the blinds had been deeper for a flat here. so tempting to try something on the flop but such a marginal spot given our perception of their ranges and this board i would tend toward tournament preservation and end up folding the turn as you did.

Love the aggro c/r when the board paired on the first hand. I guess he read you as holding a high pair or trip 5's. Getting a guy to fold top two is tough. I doubt he'd fold J9, tho..2nd hand, you might want to let it pass from the "tilt" standpoint. No use getting deeply involved with a marginal holding even with position. Let someone else absorb his pain. Either fold pre or, if you really must open, fold to the 3 bet.