Aks To An All-in Raise?

I was hoping I was right. I'm still it now, with 20k in chips.So I could have won that pot and have 20k, or lost that pot and be out. I stuck around by folding, and doubled up anyway.

With no reads on villain and a M>50, I would fold just like you did.I only call this with AA/KK
yeah i agree, i loooovvvveeee to get it in and gamble but its not smart when when you have this deep of a stack.gl in the tourny.

One of the biggest values of AKs in a nl game is pushing all in and winning a pot there. Calling an all in in that spot wouldn't be a very good Idea. I think you played it correctly. You are most likely a slight underdog in that spot. It's possible that they have AK also or AQ but it's more likely that they have a pair, in which case you're %50. No use risking the tournament that early when you are basically even in chips with the bettor. You can find a better spot.

You made the correct play. AK is a hand you want to be raising w/, not calling. Action Dan said he likes to have about 1.5:1 pot odds to call an all in re-raise w/ AK (assuming larger stacks & a full table). From my experience, this all in raise usually comes from hands like AK, JJ, & TT. However, there are a select few who will play AA & KK this way. I would call w/ AA, KK, & QQ. I would call w/ QQ because I don't think there's enough people out there that play AA & KK this way to make a laydown the correct play. That's my two cents.

It depends on the buy-in. If it's $10 or less or if this is a rebuy tourney, I'd call because this could easily be a donkey with A-x or it could be someone who just read the "Kill Phil" book which advocates going all-in or folding every time.If the buy-in's more than $30 and it's not a rebuy tourney, this is a definite fold, as you're probably dominated.If it's $20 or $30, then it's a judgment call, based on whether you'd rather take a slightly -chip EV situation in order to have a stack you can bully with, and in order to not waste your time in a tourney you have a lower chance of winning when you could always just sign up for another one anyway.

It depends on the buy-in. If it's $10 or less or if this is a rebuy tourney, I'd call because this could easily be a donkey with A-x or it could be someone who just read the "Kill Phil" book which advocates going all-in or folding every time.If the buy-in's more than $30 and it's not a rebuy tourney, this is a definite fold, as you're probably dominated.If it's $20 or $30, then it's a judgment call, based on whether you'd rather take a slightly -chip EV situation in order to have a stack you can bully with, and in order to not waste your time in a tourney you have a lower chance of winning when you could always just sign up for another one anyway.
With a "huge" stack and an earlier raise Kill Phil would only push here with AA, KK. Get out of the hand. No reason to push it right now.