I'm Going To Beat Bob To The Punch....howard Lederer Talks...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why a seven hour video just put him in a room with Daniel for fifteen minutes and I'm sure the time would be much better spent

Parivs is well researched but it's like he has his questions and just asks them and moves on to the next   The interviewer here needs to follow up and challenge the answers like perhaps "how do you

Eli Elezra and Mike Matusow both talk about FTP and Lederer.... a couple of juicy tidbits amongst others- Eli has been playing home games at Howard's house with Howard, Eli, Huck Seed and... Ray Bitar

I'm guessing that the theme will be that he no longer was involved in the day to day operations and that Ray Bitar didn't let him know how bad the situation was and he'll try to point the finger of blame in every direction that he can.

way too soft on the interview so far. He is still lying and covering up

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

I think the questions were too global and not specific to my taste but perhaps in later interviews there will be more of that

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

Finished the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1wFJx461U&feature=youtu.be but what we dont know is how many people in that room

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

I find it interesting that the hands dont come apart until 25:00>palm up consistent with the reality of unveiling what he says for firsttime

Issues are just that discomfort, but what is the cause, embarrassment, stupidity, failure to know better, hiding ?

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

At around 22:50 > talking about Chris Furgeson, not wanting to make $ distribution, look at the eyebrow arching, very emphatic.

With introverts you look for gravity defying behaviors or emphasis and we see those here also in the interview

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

I should say I have only met him once for about a minute and have never talked to him but only saw him and he was this same way

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

I do find it interesting that he is not dressed to do perception management, no make up, just as he always seems sort of shy & reserved

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

There is at the 20:00 mark discomfort talking about money (feet are withdrawn), dry mouth, etc. but that is just from the topic.

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

19:50-59 note toes defying gravity when he says "certainly wanted him removed." consistent with emphasis http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

Problem with deception is that there is no single behavior indicative of deception, there is no Pinocchio effect for humans

Joe Navarro@navarrotells

Watch the thumbs for emphasis which rise when he is confident about what he is saying at around 18 min

45]

_MG_2472ac_normal.jpg

At about 15 minutes we see him relax more right leg comes forward, fingers remain interlaced

45]

_MG_2472ac_normal.jpg

We see the feet together, sitting very contrite, high shoulders etc. consistent with what we know about him shy, introverted and so forth

45]

_MG_2472ac_normal.jpg

We see the usual amount of discomfort anyone would experience when being questioned.
lip compression, etc.

45]

_MG_2472ac_normal.jpg

So as we look at video we note location, who is there, how many people are there, and who orchestrated this event

I wish they would have a poker representative who plays the game and everyone trusts to gather questions and run the interview (someone like Daniel, but not Daniel because he would probably just flip out). Not some random pokernews guy who we have never seen before. Someone who will ask follow up questions. For example in video 1 when Howard says I think I wasn't on salary at the beginning. How is that an "I think".... he knows if he was on salary or not. Not that anyone cares about that, but we need someone who will be more concise and get to the shit that we care about, not 3 hours of lead up questions.

I wish they would have a poker representative who plays the game and everyone trusts to gather questions and run the interview (someone like Daniel, but not Daniel because he would probably just flip out). Not some random pokernews guy who we have never seen before. Someone who will ask follow up questions. For example in video 1 when Howard says I think I wasn't on salary at the beginning. How is that an "I think".... he knows if he was on salary or not. Not that anyone cares about that, but we need someone who will be more concise and get to the shit that we care about, not 3 hours of lead up questions.

He's the guy that runs pokernews - they could get him on 60 minutes he's not going to just come out and say - we were buying maseratis and laughing at the fools we couldn't replay - it probably won't come out exactly for years

the only real question is if they were bunglers or theives - lederer seems to be banking on the we were bunglers side of the story which is pretty hard on his professor image

One thing that I find kind of strange is that Chris Ferguson was the head honcho at FullTilt from the very beginning and somehow kept that real quiet. With all those commercials, it seems that he was in a real good position to market himself to the public.

One thing that I find kind of strange is that Chris Ferguson was the head honcho at FullTilt from the very beginning and somehow kept that real quiet. With all those commercials, it seems that he was in a real good position to market himself to the public.

He has no personailty - well he has the personality of a chair - it's hard to market that - ballroom dancing and throwing cards at fruit is not nearly as fun as watching Phil Ivey angrily glare at opponents so he can earn enough money to fuel his craps obsession

I'm guessing that the theme will be that he no longer was involved in the day to day operations and that Ray Bitar didn't let him know how bad the situation was and he'll try to point the finger of blame in every direction that he can.

lol so far this is spot on.

Maybe I'm just gullible and stupid, but to me, Howard's interview has an air of truth to it so far (episode 4).

Though, I guess it also reminds me of the Iran/Contra scandal when Reagan just couldn't remember anything.

Hmmph.

I'm reserving judgement for now.

Parivs is well researched but it's like he has his questions and just asks them and moves on to the next

The interviewer here needs to follow up and challenge the answers like perhaps "how do you feel having made 40 mill when all these players got screwed under your name and what did you feel morally obligated to do about it?".

Based on his actions not much

• Like 1

agree with Keith, interviewer is way to passive and is not challenging his answers at all. Very disappointed in this the interview. the magic man and Howard Stern piece was a hell of a lot better lol

sigh, I mean we knew he was gonna just claim ignorance, but the whole "i just don't remember" for half the answers is so tilting. Not that b/c he isn't really wanting to answer questions, its just like, "dude, this situation is such a massive issue in your life, you can't convince me that you just don't remember something". Being one of the owners of this company, you remember every detail about the downfall.