Hey gang! I have been playing NLH now for about 2 years. Mostly home games. The people I play with want to start playing Limit hold em. We want to play $3/$6. I understand that $3 is the min. bet pre flop and after the flop and that $6 is the min. bet on the turn and river. My question is how to the raises work? Is there a max amount you can raise? For instance, if someone bets $3 before the flop how much can I raise it? Thanks for any help/advise.

Hey gang! I have been playing NLH now for about 2 years. Mostly home games. The people I play with want to start playing Limit hold em. We want to play $3/$6. I understand that $3 is the min. bet pre flop and after the flop and that $6 is the min. bet on the turn and river. My question is how to the raises work? Is there a max amount you can raise? For instance, if someone bets $3 before the flop how much can I raise it? Thanks for any help/advise.
A raise is in the same increment. If you want to raise preflop, you would put $6 into the pot (a $3 raise). If someone wanted to 3-bet, they would put $9 out.Same for on the turn or river. Bet $6, a raise bumps it to $12, etc.Most places there is a four bet cap on each round of betting. So bet, raise, 3-bet, cap. Preflop, the BB counts as the initial bet, so for that round it is just raise, 3-bet, cap.Hope this helps.
  • 2 weeks later...