I was thinking of moving to a site with rakeback while I rebuild the bankroll. How are the games at Absolute? Are they worth playing? How are the players? I've heard they are generally pretty weak compared to stars. I was thinking of putting 500-600 into there and checking it out. So far I rather dislike the software but if the games are good, I guess I will deal with it.

What type of games, limits are you looking to play? Many of the players I have played with are very weak, but some are average.I suggest playing at AP because of rakeback, weak play, but the software is average.I can also refer you to a rakeback site if you'd like.

What type of games, limits are you looking to play? Many of the players I have played with are very weak, but some are average.I suggest playing at AP because of rakeback, weak play, but the software is average.I can also refer you to a rakeback site if you'd like.
Mainly Limit starting at 1/2 - 3/6. Which I see they do not run many full ring games. I suck bad at 6 handed limit tables... guess it is a time to learn. I will check it out and see how it does. If I don't like it after I clear the bonus, I guess I can just move on to somewhere else. Thanks.
Mainly Limit starting at 1/2 - 3/6. Which I see they do not run many full ring games. I suck bad at 6 handed limit tables... guess it is a time to learn. I will check it out and see how it does. If I don't like it after I clear the bonus, I guess I can just move on to somewhere else. Thanks.
I usually play the LHE 1/2 6-max games and they aren't bad. I've read some of Small stakes HE and it has helped.. Just play ABC poker and you should be fine. At nights and sometimes weekends there are 2-3 full ring 1/2 games.Also, I've played 2/4 6-max and it is full of weak play but I lost a lot so I haven't made the move up again even though I'm around $1450. I'm not ready for the swings that high.Good luck, and what's your sn so I can look out for you? :club: Mine is garbagebag (yeah, very clever)
I usually play the LHE 1/2 6-max games and they aren't bad. I've read some of Small stakes HE and it has helped.. Just play ABC poker and you should be fine. At nights and sometimes weekends there are 2-3 full ring 1/2 games.Also, I've played 2/4 6-max and it is full of weak play but I lost a lot so I haven't made the move up again even though I'm around $1450. I'm not ready for the swings that high.Good luck, and what's your sn so I can look out for you? :club: Mine is garbagebag (yeah, very clever)
That sounds good, I just set everything up and played 50 hands. Up 8BB. The players I met liked to check raise bluff often. So far seems like things are going to be quite profitable.My Screen Name is EdgarAllen. I am sure we will run into each other quite often. Good luck to you too. Cheers,

I play there all the time. personally i think Stars is a lot easier to play at then Absolute.. Then again i usually end up at final table at absolute a lot. (In tourneys)Dono mate.. Try it make up your own mind.

I'm sure everyone playing at UB and AP have noticed all the advertising about the ability to transfer money back and forth between the two sites. Does anyone else think this is a precursor to a merger?

I'm sure everyone playing at UB and AP have noticed all the advertising about the ability to transfer money back and forth between the two sites. Does anyone else think this is a precursor to a merger?
No.They've already been owned by the same group for a while now.
Absolute Poker is rigged, or they are at least not caring about the cheating that goes on in the higher limits. That's what most people seem to think anyway.
No idea.Phone this number: 1-866-208-9319Ask them, it's VIP support, just don't tell them you're not VIP. :D
No wonder I have to wait a while.. I don't call VIP support.. crap :club:
Which to me is a positive indicator for a merger...

I just started playing Absolute Poker. My initial thoughts:Pros:Weak playersNot hard to get bonusWeb-browser play for mac usersAccepts US playersCons:Massive Rake. I played Naismith HU for ~15 minutes and we lost about 15 from the table by the end.Almost no HU tables.Concerns of cheating at high levels (theres a big thread on 2+2)I'm probably gonna play a bit more, try to get a couple more hundred off the HU tables, and then cash out by the time I'm allowed to request a check (2 days from first deposit I think).

I just started playing Absolute Poker. My initial thoughts:Pros:Weak playersNot hard to get bonusWeb-browser play for mac usersAccepts US playersCons:Massive Rake. I played Naismith HU for ~15 minutes and we lost about 15 from the table by the end.Almost no HU tables.Concerns of cheating at high levels (theres a big thread on 2+2)I'm probably gonna play a bit more, try to get a couple more hundred off the HU tables, and then cash out by the time I'm allowed to request a check (2 days from first deposit I think).
Those are two huge reasons you should continue playing there

I went back to AP this morning because Full Tilt stopped accepting my CC (actually my bank is on to my online poker cc use, so they're blocking a lot of stuff and calling me almost as soon as I deposit) and it went fine. 100 deposited, ended at ~186 in an hour. I wish I got rakeback for the site, but I don't know how I can get a new account without being figured out.Anyway, my Q for AP players: Do you notice getting strong hands more often on AP than other sites/live? Maybe I've been lucky, but everytime I'm on AP I get AK, AQ, AJ, pockets, K10, KQ, etc. It'd pay off nice except I hit so much less than I typically do. I dunno, maybe I just had a weird couple of sessions.

Just wanted to update the AP-UB merger situation.According to a player I know, they are in fact planning on merging with UB, but keeping the sites seperate, as skins of one another. It's unclear as to which network they'd stay on, but my guess is that UB would be added to the AP network, simply because AP already has a couple skins out there, on their network. I don't think UB has any skins anymore, although I know they did at one point.Of course, with the stuff ongoing with AP right now, any of this could change, and if the press is bad enough, I could certainly see AB/UB getting rid of the AP branding altogether in favor of UB, but who knows.