Need A Column Topic

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW My last article dealt with thet 4 layers of thinking a pro goes through while in a handEDIT: HEre's a couple more for you. 1) Your last hand in the WPT Bellagio2) Short Stack play in tourney situations3) Your first experience of winning a WPT title or WSOP bracelet(the reason for this one is, most players in their lifetimes will not win either one of these, you've managed to do so several times over)4) Protege stuffThat's all I got for now, I'll bbl with more if you don't find anything else to your liking.ahh, I see two of mine have to be thrown out. It's an oldie but goodie, but you're known through the poker world for picking up tells, why not give a few secrets away? (Although I think that might lump itself in with my first idea of the four layers of thinking)Also, controlling tilt at the tables.

I need to write a 700 word newspaper column. Someone give me an idea!
How about your new year's resolutoins and how you how they relate to a winning 2007 on teh poker circuit?
I need to write a 700 word newspaper column. Someone give me an idea!
  • Choosing a seat in a cash game.
  • Playing suited connectors out of position in hold'em.
  • Preparing for your (the reader's) first HORSE game.

Daniel, if none of these suggestions are grabbing you as something you want to write about, take a shower. That's what I do when I'm faced with the terrifyingly real blank page in front of me. I find it relaxes me and lets my mind wander around whatever topic I'm supposed to be writing on. I guarantee, by the end of it, you'll have your article.